JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't carry a firearm, at least carry a Texan with you, you know, if a Texan an' a bar get inta a fight, ya'll better save that bar.

Makes me want to get a BFR .45/70 revolver, or an AR pistol lower for my .458 Socom. Hell, I would just carry the rifle carbine version unless it is "illegal".

Used to joke about carrying my 9mm hunting. Partner would ask what the hell you got that for? Won't stop a bear. Said I don't need to stop the bear. Just need to shoot you in the leg.

In Ireland there is a saying - no real surprise, the real surprise would be if there was not - about this kind of incident -

Tá séasúir le haghaidh fiaigh ag domhan na bhfear. 'The world of man has hunting seasons - the world of bear does not.'

tac's post is very true...
I often point this out to my non-hunting friends and acquaintances...Especially after remarks like :
"Well you use a rifle or shotgun...Its unfair to the animals."

For the animals that I hunt , every day is hunting season for them...The grouse needs to avoid the coyote , the deer needs to be wary of the mountain lion ...Wild critters eat attempt to eat everyday...there are no pet food shops for them.

Game animals have far more woodsense than I ever will.
I am hunting on their home court , so to speak...they know all of the paths and trails....areas that are too thick for man to get into..etc...
Their hearing , sense of smell , and ability to notice when danger is close is finely honed.

Then you have the animals that can hunt back...
Any wildlife can be dangerous if in the right situation...a few seemly and actively do go out of their way to stalk and hunt humans.
One must remember that the animal does this for a living...not just for a few weekends a year.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads