JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn that's not good what unit you got ?

I haven't been buying big game tags for a few years. But I really like to go to elk camp to be with my old hunting buds. Last year the wife was laid up so I didn't go. This year everybody else is laid up. Bad fortune is haunting me!

Damn sorry to hear that , yah I live for my deer and elk hunt lol that's my vacation , hell I even put off cancer surgery 10 years ago so I could make it elk hunting lol .

I slept one night in the back of my truck, under my canopy. Easier than setting up the tent for one night solo. This weekend, a friend of mine and I are going and are gonna stay in a camping tent with cots. Might have to upgrade the tent for late season muzzleloader!

elk hunting 2017 002.JPG elk hunting 2017 007.JPG elk hunting 2017 011.JPG elk hunting 2017 006.JPG elk hunting 2017 012.JPG elk hunting 2017 015.JPG elk hunting 2017 013.JPG

Last Edited:
that camp had a total of 4 wall tents, 2 campers, and 1 camp trailer. 19 tags in camp and ended up with 2 bulls that year. Starkey first season. pretty much the same the last 2 years except zero elk. time for a change.

Last Edited:
that camp had a total of 4 wall tents, 2 campers, and 1 camp trailer. 19 tags in camp and ended up with 2 bulls that year. Starkey first season

That's just beautiful. I could dig that. I'm not a hunter, them guys a nuts. But hanging around camp, cooking, gathering wood, keeping the fire going. Oh yeah!

That's just beautiful. I could dig that. I'm not a hunter, them guys a nuts. But hanging around camp, cooking, gathering wood, keeping the fire going. Oh yeah!

Since I can't walk the woods anymore, I have enjoyed playing camp host for the last oh say 5 times. But 2 yrs in a row we haven't had camp, seems like us old folks is gettin ill or have sick wives, etc. I dunno if I'm going to get to have an elk camp again. :oops::oops::oops:

no wimen and no kids under hunting age in that camp. it is the law. lol

I would have said the same, cept it is not my camp. Pretty much all my best friend's family and a few close friends. But we are down into the 4th generation and there was a 2yr old in camp last time... "Isn't he so cute? And sooooo smart!!! Just look at those cowboy boots! And he loves to help with getting the elk out!!" Arrrrrrgh!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh how universally similar hunting camps are. Form follows function.:cool:

I love to hunt, but I also don't get around as well as I used to. I wouldn't mind just staying in camp while the more able folks go out and stomp the brush. I love hunting camp.

GEDC0300-1-zps577b96b9.jpg
GEDC0288-1-zps9c6836bc-Copy.jpg

Last Edited:
Eastern Montana: Same camp for 32 years. Same hunt ground for 52 years. Elk, Muleys, Whitetails, Antelope, Coyotes and Prairie Dogs.
Archery to scoped High-Powers and all the stuff between: (Handguns, Black powder, Antiques). It takes 30 days to cram it all in, so I live here. Family and friends come and go all month.

PA190069.JPG
PA190073.JPG
PA070004.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads