JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Aloha, Mark
Save yourself a headache and bring the bolt action Since the Remington is not semi auto. the detachable mag, pistol grip and muzzle brake are all perfectly legal.
You would have to alter the AR to lock the mag in place among other things to make your AR style rifle legal for the PRK. Why bother,?

Good luck on your hunt. Where will you be hunting in CA?
Down by Red Bluff. It's a damn shame to even need to worry about what rifle can be used. It almost seems to be infringed.

Careful.....
IMG_1653.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Down by Red Bluff. It's a damn shame to even need to worry about what rifle can be used. It almost seems to be infringed.
I used to hunt down by King City and Fort Hunter-Liggett about 300 miles south of Red Bluff.

FWIW I preferred hunting in those areas mid to late July. The hogs are raiding the grain fields so they're fattening up on barley and such instead of their usual forage of acorns and cow flops. Lots of rice grown in the Red Bluff area IIRC, so hopefully lots of fat pigs to harvest.
Again, best of luck to you.
Let us know how it goes.

For your AR-10, you can make it featureless by adding a bolt on flipper grip: Link Add it while traveling through the state, and I'd expect you could remove it while at the ranch.
Also, you need a non-adjustable stock that requires a tool to utilize: Stock Once again, you could just return the rifle to normally adjustable while at the ranch, but modify it just for traveling.

^ no, you cannot have a feature (collapsible stock) on a semi automatic rifle while at the ranch without a maglock. Felony if you get caught. The California DoJ even considers a PRS AR stock as "collapsible."

^ no, you cannot have a feature (collapsible stock) on a semi automatic rifle while at the ranch without a maglock. Felony if you get caught. The California DoJ even considers a PRS AR stock as "collapsible."
Did you read? Also, you need a non-adjustable stock that requires a tool to utilize: Stock Once again, you could just return the rifle to normally adjustable while at the ranch, but modify it just for traveling.

Did you read? Also, you need a non-adjustable stock that requires a tool to utilize: Stock Once again, you could just return the rifle to normally adjustable while at the ranch, but modify it just for traveling.
No, you are flat out wrong. There is no exception to the assault weapons laws while he is at the ranch. The assault weapons laws don't only apply while traveling. "Normally adjustable while at the ranch" means it has a feature. And the ranch is located inside California.

says that odfw has all but eradicated feral hogs. he says they hired trappers and hunters to go after them and poisoned them as well.
This is largely in part true - along with hiring helo owners to help with it. Most of the last ones bunched up on private property and were eliminated from those areas. ODFW really hit it hard - especially after that illegal pig hunting operation was shut down.

The last few pigs reported being seen were in the far South Central area and this was about 2014.

For your AR-10, you can make it featureless by adding a bolt on flipper grip: Link Add it while traveling through the state, and I'd expect you could remove it while at the ranch.
Also, you need a non-adjustable stock that requires a tool to utilize: Stock Once again, you could just return the rifle to normally adjustable while at the ranch, but modify it just for traveling.

No, you are flat out wrong. There is no exception to the assault weapons laws while he is at the ranch. The assault weapons laws don't only apply while traveling. "Normally adjustable while at the ranch" means it has a feature. And the ranch is located inside California.
ALL of this just reinforces my point of just taking the 700
California's byzantine gun laws are not worth the headache of the time and expense reconfiguring a perfectly good AR. The 700 will do the job just fine.

What model is your Glock? I MIGHT and I mean that hesitantly, have a 10 round mag. I might also suggest to just buy a plain Jane combo rifle at bimart before you go for like $300. That's a lot cheaper than a fine you may or may not get off you unknowingly break their laws, get caught by a douche canoe cop
The rifle is fine. DR

The gun will be fine just don't have a mag that will hold 11 rounds or more. DR
See California Penal Code sections 25400, 25850, 25640, and 26040.

I have not analyzed this information in the thread below to see if it is accurate or up to date, and note that the answer depends on the exact locations. Also, if a game warden believes that you are in an area that prohibits the discharge of firearms (a road) or you have lead ammo in the handgun, more questions will arise. California is more like the Soviet Union than America.

It's not like there aren't pigs in Oregon to shoot.

I've hunted hard in this state in lots of units and have never seen one here. I'll look into this more. Thank you
its not worth it. Ive made an attempt at them and they are all on private property and the owner wouldn't give me permission. I made a couple trips on adjacent public blm land hoping to catch a crossover and nothing. Stuck on small parcels of blm lands is boring after a day. Oregon did a good job eliminating them. Ive heard there might be some in southern Oregon somewhere along the border.

its not worth it. Ive made an attempt at them and they are all on private property and the owner wouldn't give me permission. I made a couple trips on adjacent public blm land hoping to catch a crossover and nothing. Stuck on small parcels of blm lands is boring after a day. Oregon did a good job eliminating them. Ive heard there might be some in southern Oregon somewhere along the border.
That's what I've always understood as well

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads