JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it is illegal to hunt game animals with FMJ bullets but,
does anyone know if the State of Washington considers the
Wolf copper jacketed hollow points as Full metal Jackets?

Or, does the bullet have to have lead showing? :huh:

Jack...:cool:

Wow... it's been 17 years since I'd gone hunting, but I had never considered that hunting game required a specific type of bullet! (I mean, it makes sense since an FMJ bullet would more than likely just wound unless you hit a critical place, but I didn't know there was a law around it! (Guess I better read up!)

Just glad I don't have to buy hunting ammo for California. My wife's cousin was telling me that down there it is illegal to use bullets that contain lead for hunting. I knew this already but apparantly it's strictly enforced.

"Hollow point" just answered your question. As long as there is an opening in the front of a bullet it is not considered FMJ. Many popular bullets do not have a lead core, thus have no lead to show! Barnes is just one company that makes bullets like this, and many other companies are doing similar things due to "lead free" hunting areas (mostly Kalifornia).

Do keep in mind that the "Wolf" and other similar bullets have very little in the way of expansion. Legal or not you will have to make the choice if it is the right bullet for you......

Yes I hunted with the stuff (did not get one) one year long ago when it was the only legal hunting gun I had a I did not know about the poor expansion. Now days I know better and would not do it in sporting situations.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top