JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well the foreigners bring commerce to the country by buying the expensive permits to hunt a trophy. The villagers get work by being guides and help for the outfitters. The locals work in the lodges.Money is made
It isn't just about the guy getting his trophy and food for the village
So it ain't all that bad for the area. Sometimes these are animals that need to be culled out,they just happen to have large horns
Personally I would rather do a photo safari. The "big Game Hunts" are mostly "shoots" in my opinion.

lets call it what it is, and not call it something its not... its not culling the locals are not inundated with elephants and if they were ivory wouldn't be on the black market and these animal killers are not paying to take sick or diseased or even problem animals.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the locals capitalizing on it but they don't 'need' this industry to feed them, the locals in Africa have been hunting quite successfully for 1000s of years (and far in more "manly" ways I should add).
What I'm talking about is calling it what it is... Paying 60K to "hunt" something just to kill it... is not hunting is killing. Its someone who says I don't care about the life of that animal so I can put it on my wall or have the thrill. They are not doing this for the welfare of the locals or they would donate the 60K which would feed way more than even the largest elephant could provide or could provide a hellava lot of medicine, clean water, or stimulate their economy way more than the hunt for one animal. They are not doing it for the conservation of the animal or they would simply donate that money... they want to kill the animal for the experience of killing it.

ever see the movie "Surviving the Game"? The only difference between these safari trophy hunts and that movie is one is legal and one is not... both are trophy hunting though.

calling it what it is: killing. The topic shouldn't be in a hunting forum, its a political topic.

trophies from the movie:
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ericdsnider.com%2Fimages%2Fsurviving01.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews