JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow. mourning the death of an elephant huh? how about all of you(activists) wasting your time over this start mourning the deaths of those who defend your right to mourn the death of an elephant? yeah. they do it weather they agree with you or not. i bet that old and probably dying elephant could feed an entire villiage for a while.not to mention, generally, guided hunts like this fund local villages which can provide medicine, supplies, clothing and food for children. as well as prevent certain illness & animal disease from spreading. 1 infected animal could essentially wipe out a species. that ought to make some 'animal rights activists' feel good. right? i mean thats what they want isnt it? to feel good about things? nah, they'd rather waste money and make commercials with sad music that come on after midnight.

oh, and by the way that article says that this elephant was important to zimbabwes national heritage... which, at one point was hunting elephants ivory tusks for trade wasnt it?

If they want to change it, change the laws.
There will always be people who hunt. It's in our blood to hunt and to greed for the trophy.

I hunt and believe strongly in passing that down to our kids, but trophy hunting should be illegal.
Did he eat the elephant? I doubt it. Just took his trophy and went home with his big sack in tow.

No better than any other poacher.

There will always be people who hunt. It's in our blood to hunt and to greed for the trophy.

I hunt and believe strongly in passing that down to our kids, but trophy hunting should be illegal.
Did he eat the elephant? I doubt it. Just took his trophy and went home with his big sack in tow.

the only difference between poaching and what the hunter did is that the village benefits from the kill. meat and money. they(villagers) know if they go kill it, its only meat. when a white man comes in...its meat and money.

A lot of money.
I don't blame the people there. They NEED that money and meat.

I know the situation in a whole isn't like poaching, but the hunters mindset is. He wants to kill something because it's rare and because he wants to tell people he did it.
This is my opinion of course and MANY people would disagree. I get it.
But to me hunting is about survival, it's about filling a need to provide food to your family. Not killing for sport.

In the vane of trying to show these idiots for the fools they are, I am taking to sharing the true brutality of nature with them. This video is good because you get to hear the commentary of the pansy girl and her pansy boyfriend who are clearly disgusted that their beautiful scene was ruined by carnage - and they couldn't blame a white hunter for this:

Just a gentle elephant going about his day. Such a gentle, docile creature. A real example of the beauty and majesty of nature. If only man could learn to be as gentle and peaceful as these creatures. :rolleyes:

Many years ago:s0141: I was going to get me a Traditional Archery Longbow to Hunt with. That's an ''up close and personal'' style Hunt and teaches you how to become the Animal you are after. :s0083:Traditional Bow Hunting is a Unique type of Hunting and if I was younger and not so beat up I would pursue this style.:s0155:

I was present when a croc was 'murdered' and cut open in order to retrieve the remains of a local it had eaten. I was in the vicinity when a woman professor who taught "Environmental Appreciation", despite warnings from local rangers, played a key role in her own death by crocodile. The majority of the body was retrieved and on the boat trip out the same croc attempted to pull the body out of the boat three times before it, the croc, was filled w/lead. You only need to see these things once to learn the lesson, the experience is hard wired into the brain and the justified fear of croc habitat is carried foward.

Last Edited:
I hunt, trap, and fish, because I love it. It's just what I do! The only problem that I have with trophy boyz, is, if you shoot it, yet you don't gut it, skin it, and eat it ....YOU DIDN'T EARN IT!!!!!!! Any man/ or woman, that has hunted before, knows that the true work begins after the shot!

The meat most always goes to the locals,so he hunted for their dinners

In the vane of trying to show these idiots for the fools they are, I am taking to sharing the true brutality of nature with them. This video is good because you get to hear the commentary of the pansy girl and her pansy boyfriend who are clearly disgusted that their beautiful scene was ruined by carnage - and they couldn't blame a white hunter for this:

Just a gentle elephant going about his day. Such a gentle, docile creature. A real example of the beauty and majesty of nature. If only man could learn to be as gentle and peaceful as these creatures. :rolleyes:

Hey! Now the locals can walk out and butcher the buffalo for dinner! Stupid beast was in that elephants territory.
People don't understand this stuff happens daily there. There is always one animal in the wrong,or right place if your the preditor

but the hunters mindset is. He wants to kill something because it's rare and because he wants to tell people he did it.
I agree. I know essentially ZERO about 'African Big Game Hunting' - other than what I have read (in books, not internet hype) and seen on outdoor documentaries but the conclusion I have drawn is it is nothing more than the above quote. Even an early RCBS reloading guide I have has a section about African Hunting and a quote by Jack O'Conner is: "For the most part African game is less wary than American game. The shooting is easier and it is easier to place shots. Much of the writing about African hunting is pretty fanciful" The article is mostly about rifles and ammo for African hunting but reading etween the lines and looking at the pictures show for the most part the 'standard' for African hunting - shooting (not hunting) a large number of animals while surrounded by white hunters and servants, having your picture taken in the appropriate attire (the safari hat, Khaki shorts etc) and at all what appears to extremely expensive - with little to no sport or challenge to it.

I'm with clearconcience on this. I don't mind people keeping a trophy to mount but hunting is 100% about sustenance and I don't agree with true trophy hunting.
something tells me the local villagers don't really need foreign trophy hunters to kill their animals for them to eat.

I'm with clearconcience on this. I don't mind people keeping a trophy to mount but hunting is 100% about sustenance and I don't agree with true trophy hunting.
something tells me the local villagers don't really need foreign trophy hunters to kill their animals for them to eat.
Well the foreigners bring commerce to the country by buying the expensive permits to hunt a trophy. The villagers get work by being guides and help for the outfitters. The locals work in the lodges.Money is made
It isn't just about the guy getting his trophy and food for the village
So it ain't all that bad for the area. Sometimes these are animals that need to be culled out,they just happen to have large horns
Personally I would rather do a photo safari. The "big Game Hunts" are mostly "shoots" in my opinion.

Just a whole lotta stupid. Stupid as hell to pay $60,000 to hunt, stupid as hell to shoot an elephant, stupid as hell to write an article about it and try to blow it out of proportion, stupid as hell to care about a stupid bubblegum elephant getting shot when there's millions of humans being MURDERED across the globe every year.

ALL F'ING STUPID.

Just a whole lotta stupid. Stupid as hell to pay $60,000 to hunt, stupid as hell to shoot an elephant, stupid as hell to write an article about it and try to blow it out of proportion, stupid as hell to care about a stupid bubblegum elephant getting shot when there's millions of humans being MURDERED across the globe every year.

ALL F'ING STUPID.
I ... feel....your sugar coating your feelings on this
Take a deep breath and tell us how you really feel about this

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR