JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone done business with this outfit? They have a couple revolvers, and possibly rifle, in the latest Firearms News that I'm interested in. I take pause because the prices are abnormally low, particularly considering the gunpocylpse. That and their site looks like something from 1998 and they don't accept credit cards, just checks and money orders.

Anywho, just curious. Thanks.

The CC thing is to me as well, or at least, at best, lame. They've, iirc, run adds in Shotgun News for decades, so I don't think scammer. But the rest is odd.

So, I finally got unburied long enough to call them. The phone was answered right away by a very polite older lady with a thick accent and somewhat halting manner of speaking. Conversation went something like:

Me: Hello, I have a couple questions.​
Her: Yes, sir?​
Me: I'd like to order a Webley Mark IV revolver shown in your ad. Are they in stock?​
Her: No, no more. Call back in ten days. We are checking if we have more in storehouse.​
Me: OK, how about these Enfields No. 2? How much would I add for shipping to Oregon?​
Her: Oh yes, we have the Enfields still. $22 UPS to Oregon. Include a signed FFL.​
Me: Thank you very much.​
Her: Of course. Have a nice day.​

Anywho, I am thinking of rolling the dice on the Enfield. I'd prefer the Webley, but knowing myself, I'll likely have lost my train of thought many a time between now and "in ten days".

They have a couple Spanish Mauser variants, in 7x57㎜ and 7.92x57㎜, that might be a delight. Though, from the description, there is a chance they are beat to hell. And there I go on another tangent. :p

You can never be sure what you will get from Hunter's Lodge. They "may" not be crooks, but they keep enough lawyers on retainer to make the mafia think twice, and the descriptions are written to mean whatever they mean them to mean at any given time, sort of like depending on what the meaning of is, is. I would be quite interested in what the pistol(s) look like though.

That bad, eh? Eh ... maybe I'll just pass then. :eek:

I've been a Lee Enfield fan. Have bought a BSA 1918 No1 MKIII* at a gun show. And have read a bunch on gunboards.com. My somewhat educated opinion is $378.00 has a high probability of being pretty messed up. It's worth it to some people as they don't mind putting in a lot of time, and money enough to bring it up to a good, correct shooter in the $700.00, or more after replacement part are acquired, range. And I "Think" there's a good probability that the rifles they are selling are from that Ethiopian stash that came in here a month or four ago. Have you checked Royal Tiger Imports? Some pretty gnarly specimens there! Hint, RTI doesn't consider the bore condition in their grading.

maybe they have been burned be shoppers who decide after purchase they are not happy with item and cancel payment

Last Edited:
maybe they have been burned be shoppers who decide after purchase they are not happy with item and cancel payment

That's always possible. People suck. There are threads on gunboards.com of people who have received real dogs from RTI. But also people that, with some deep cleaning, have got some very nice specimens, for the the money. I don't like to gamble, but that's jus me.

The main point I'm getting at is, if the Enfield's are coming from Ethiopia, there were some pretty rough guns among them. If Country Gent likes a project then it might be pretty exciting for him.

Thanks all. (And to clarify, I was looking at an Enfield No. 2 revolver in .38/200.)

Anyway, I did some snooping on the Intratubes last night, and the feedback on this company is overwhelmingly negative. The posts on the BBB don't paint a great picture either.

So, yah, going to skip this one. Thanks for all that replied. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top