JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed. I think too many try and take shots they know are a "lucky" shot. And too many animals are wounded and run off to die having never been harvested. Clean shots, within your skills and rifle's capabilities. Both humane and safe!

Like sure, 5moa is ok at 150 yards resting on a tree, but if you are only getting 5moa off a lead sled, you sure as bubblegum ain't gonna get 5moa after hauling ur butt up a mountain, or bouncing around in the back of billy bobs pickup!

I think my fuddy aught six is only a 2moa gun, but I shoot a LOT, so I am comfortable in wierd positions.
I have to get all PC here... I apologize but can not resist... Why's it gotta be a 30-06? What if they bought a creedmoor or something.

I was talking about my gun. It is a fuddy aught six. It isn't a tack driver, but it was a gift, and I intend to use it.
Ah makes sense now. I just had to make sure there was no "not too bright" redneck coloration with the 30-06.. I misunderstood. Whatever that sucker hits, it's carrying a ton of energy that's for sure.

Ah makes sense now. I just had to make sure there was no "not too bright" redneck coloration with the 30-06.. I misunderstood. Whatever that sucker hits, it's carrying a ton of energy that's for sure.

I like to tease about the 30-06 because:

It is ubiquitously fuddy.

I have one so I can.

It kinda sucks compared to purpose built catridges, but everyone uses it.

I use it go show my ignorant wife how a .223 is NOT a BIG gun. :)

If you're anal about what kind of tools are used on your action screw, bring your own.
Someone may want to check.
I had an old guy come at me with a giant hardware store screwdriver wanting to tighten it.
I couldn't let him touch the rifle with it. Mangled screws are a pet peeve of mine.

Then he sees that my rifle is 25-06 but my ammo looked like 30-06.
I had necked-down '06 cases for my 25-06.
I tried to explain, but to no avail.
He stood waay back when it was my turn.

:D

It is a good service by TCGC to the hunting community.

I like to tease about the 30-06 because:

It is ubiquitously fuddy.

I have one so I can.

It kinda sucks compared to purpose built catridges, but everyone uses it.

I use it go show my ignorant wife how a .223 is NOT a BIG gun. :)
Agreed on all fronts but one can be stubborn... Serengetti Reamer, created by German Salazar I believe. On another forum I'm on I've seen posted accuracy results that are very impressive.

If you're anal about what kind of tools are used on your action screw, bring your own.
Someone may want to check.
I had an old guy come at me with a giant hardware store screwdriver wanting to tighten it.
I couldn't let him touch the rifle with it. Mangled screws are a pet peeve of mine.

Then he sees that my rifle is 25-06 but my ammo looked like 30-06.
I had necked-down '06 cases for my 25-06.
I tried to explain, but to no avail.
He stood waay back when it was my turn.

:D

It is a good service by TCGC to the hunting community.
LOL I can relate to that. Too friendly of relatives that try helping me out with that stuff. I'm measuring things precisely and checking and rechecking and some one walks up with an old screwdriver and hand full of screws from the hardware store... I run. I look young so I think that don't help the situation.

Waste of a Sunday, the range officers are incredibly unprofessional, the "coach" was an idiot, and the Leupold "expert" basically told me I can't shoot. Save your money and go to the woods. These guys are pricks

Waste of a Sunday, the range officers are incredibly unprofessional, the "coach" was an idiot, and the Leupold "expert" basically told me I can't shoot. Save your money and go to the woods. These guys are pricks

Were you shooting as a non member or member? If you are member, there are ways to address your displeasure with how you felt you were treated...

Last Edited:
I was not involved with the sight-in this year, but I'm part of the RSO department. We as a club, take great pride in our positive relationship(s) with the local community and the hunter sight-in is one of several ways we give back to the community.

It's very concerning to me that we did not meet your expectations as a guest to our facilities and it's unfortunate you seem to have decided that you wish to never return. :(

I will forward your experience to the proper club representative in the hopes that we can use your recent incident to do a better job (there's always room for improvement) in the future.

My hat off to TCGC. I just joined a gun club out in PA, and their safety standards are very soft compared to what you have at TCGC. Seeing other shooter and having been swept many, many times, I much prefer the diligence they practice.

I would prefer to avoid crowds, which is why I go to the club in the middle of weekdays.

Been a member for ~9 years, gone there >60 times and never once met an a-hole or idiotic RSO, even though they have caught me in mistakes where I could have been lectured.
Learned a lot, been corrected on my safety and marksmanship. If you're open to it and can listen, you can learn a lot there about zeroing, shooting, safety and reloading.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top