JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes Ladies & Gentlemen:

Hunter Sight In days are back at Tri-County Gun Club. Come and sight in those rifles just in time for deer season. This event is open to the public.

WHEN: September 15th, 16th, 22nd & 23rd

TIME: 9:00am to 4:00pm all days

WHERE: Tri-County Gun Club, 13050 SW Tonquin Rd, Sherwood, OR 97140

COST: $5 per gun w/2 gun limit per visit (CASH ONLY)

Please refer to attached flyer for further details. Tri-County is happy to offer this service to the community. Please follow all Safety & Range Rules and follow all directions provided by coaches, staff and Range Safety Officers.

SightInFlyer.jpg

This is nice of Tri county to do, but I can't imagine anything worse then sitting around a bunch of fat redneck "hunters" shooting minute of pie plate at 100 yards, loudly proclaiming either 1/3 rounds in their 3 shot group was OBVIOUSLY a flier, and this thing shoots .2 MOA, OOORRRR "minute of plate is gud enough for a duR" knowing they are gonna go blow the leg off an elk at 300 yards.

NO OFFENSE TO ANY REAL OR SERIOUS HUNTERS OUT THERE!

This is nice of Tri county to do, but I can't imagine anything worse then sitting around a bunch of fat redneck "hunters" shooting minute of pie plate at 100 yards, loudly proclaiming either 1/3 rounds in their 3 shot group was OBVIOUSLY a flier, and this thing shoots .2 MOA, OOORRRR "minute of plate is gud enough for a duR" knowing they are gonna go blow the leg off an elk at 300 yards.

NO OFFENSE TO ANY REAL OR SERIOUS HUNTERS OUT THERE!

Yup. I agree. Shooting 5 MOA and saying "That'll kill a deer!". Seen it. :rolleyes:

Yup. I agree. Shooting 5 MOA and saying "That'll kill a deer!". Seen it. :rolleyes:
Like sure, 5moa is ok at 150 yards resting on a tree, but if you are only getting 5moa off a lead sled, you sure as bubblegum ain't gonna get 5moa after hauling ur butt up a mountain, or bouncing around in the back of billy bobs pickup!

I think my fuddy aught six is only a 2moa gun, but I shoot a LOT, so I am comfortable in wierd positions.

Last Edited:
Nice shot but that's still a stationary target. Get it moving and let's see how you do. Ha! Jk, not jk. But still a nice shot. What can you do from the 600 yd range?

If its running I won't shoot. Want a humane kill. Nothing worse than someone taking a shot making the animal bleed and then it runs off and they can't find it. As for 600 I know I can hit steel but not sure what the group would look like.

If its running I won't shoot. Want a humane kill. Nothing worse than someone taking a shot making the animal bleed and then it runs off and they can't find it. As for 600 I know I can hit steel but not sure what the group would look like.

The only shot I would take running is a coyote.

I didn't say running. I rarely have a deer just stand there. Most will turn a head, or step left or right. Also, depending on your shooting position it can be more difficult. It's easy to shoot paper. It's a totally different thing to shoot a live animal.

But none the less. This isn't about what someone can shoot. It's about Tri-County offering a service to the community before deer season. I hope that some here will take advantage of it. It's very well run and definitely worth the $5 per gun.

If a person isn't a member of any range, this is a good chance to sight in under a controlled environment. Good on TCGC.

I think that this offer of the Tri Country Gun Club is outstanding...
You get to check your zero...see a "new to you" range and they may gain a new member.

As hunters we owe it to the game we hunt , to give them the cleanest and quickest kill we can....
Zero your rifle...know your hunting limits...and never try a "Hail Mary" shot on a game animal.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads