JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Getting a little anxious for the tag results next month so I was checking out the ODF&W website tonight. When I clicked on Hunter Reporting this is what I saw:

"Hunters who do not report by the specified deadlines for tags offered in the 2012 Regulations will not be able to purchase a license without paying a penalty. The penalty will be assessed beginning December 2013 with purchase of a 2014 license. The penalty fee amount, up to $25, will be established in October 2012"

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anyone was wondering when they were going to start enforcing it.

As they said, 2012 reporting will be mandatory with fines assessed when and if you apply for the next year.

Just a big money grab in my opinion. Look for fees to be charged for parking your vehicles next. Its already $7 in the wetlands so BLM will be next. they just can't seem to get enough funds.

Just FYI, the mandatory reporting line is 1-866-947-ODFW (6339). Many people call the number on the back of the tags, which dials into OSP dispatch as it's the TIP (Turn in Poachers) line. Most people you get on the phone there will know the correct number to reference you too, but it's easier to dial above. :D

I concientiously attempted to voluntarily report my results from last year, and the phone program they had set up was entirely complicated and NOT user-friendly. I then phoned the branch office directly, and the first thing the lady said when I stated I just tried to report, was "Yeah, it sucks, doesn't it?"

They better have improved it. I'm not stupid or inattentive (at least I wasn't that day), and it was IMPOSSIBLE!

If I remember right, in Washington if you don't report you can't buy any tags the following year. A fee is a better punishment in my opinion, not that I like the idea of mandatory reporting anyway

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top