JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hunting and good health makes sense.
You are up and walking , using a lot of your muscles.
Not to forget to mention the stress relief of just being out and about in a beautiful area.
I hope to keep hunting for a very long time.
Andy

How many morbidly obese 90 year olds do you see? Keep moving and keep living.
According to BMI; my 74 year old father is morbidly obese. (ex military/LEO) And he plays tennis 3 times a week if he can.. if not, then its pickleball 2 times a week and tennis once a week. Had a heart event a while back due to massive amount of sodium in his diet..... His doctor claims that my father is healthier according to bloodwork than the doctor is.
My brother and I won't be surprised to see him live to be 90.

According to BMI; my 74 year old father is morbidly obese. (ex military/LEO) And he plays tennis 3 times a week if he can.. if not, then its pickleball 2 times a week and tennis once a week. Had a heart event a while back due to massive amount of sodium in his diet..... His doctor claims that my father is healthier according to bloodwork than the doctor is.
My brother and I won't be surprised to see him live to be 90.

Genetics definitely plays a roll in this too. I've seen health, active 'young' folks die at relatively young ages - under 60, under 50, while people in poor general health, making poor life choices make it much later. My wife's father I'm sure would classify as morbidly obese. He was very active when he was younger, but around 60-65 just came to a dead stop. Now he can barely walk and is almost completely deaf, but he keeps on going - at 84! His doctor is honestly stumped about why he's even still alive. Most of us figure it's got to be genetics since most folks in his condition would probably have been gone 20 years earlier.

We had a guy in our shop in the Navy, aptly named Garth, whose arms were as big as most mens thighs. He could pick up a 300# torpedo battery section under his arm and walk around with it. He could do pull ups all day long. The corpsmen wanted to put him on a diet because his BMI indicated that he was obese.:(

BMI is BS, just saying...
Had a SSG in my unit by the name of Raider. 6'4", nearly 300lbs. Played college ball before joining the infantry.
By the army standards he was morbidly obese. But the dude was hardcore.
You could not run farther or do more push-ups than this man.
BMI is bs.

Had a SSG in my unit by the name of Raider. 6'4", nearly 300lbs. Played college ball before joining the infantry.
By the army standards he was morbidly obese. But the dude was hardcore.
You could not run farther or do more push-ups than this man.
BMI is bs.

Same thing here... Sgt. Harry Sponseller (he was a lifer E5 back in the day when they allowed such things) we called him "the sponge". Nicest guy you'd ever meet, but he'd almost Max the PT test... nearly killed himself each time doing it, but high 280's-low 290's out of 300. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top