JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
define " jacked up" to me, it was.. different. like 18th century France where the haves expunged excesses and the poor had nothing. Might be what it looks like here in a few more years.

It felt like a spoof on something. But I can't figure out who.
There was a political point trying to be made. Maybe they want you to hate people with any anoint of money?

It's an allegory for the elimination of the middle class and a shift to a techno-oligarchy where the under-class, what you may term a serf, labours for the ruling "noble" class. The Games are a forced and deadly reminder of why trying to rise up against your oppressors will get you killed.

I think the author was creating a thought experiment about the future of the world if the corporate machine is allowed to continue on its current path(i.e. rivaling the power of governmental bodies) unchecked.

Or the writer gets off on torturing little kids, I dunno.

It's an allegory for the elimination of the middle class and a shift to a techno-oligarchy where the under-class, what you may term a serf, labours for the ruling "noble" class. The Games are a forced and deadly reminder of why trying to rise up against your oppressors will get you killed.

I think the author was creating a thought experiment about the future of the world if the corporate machine is allowed to continue on its current path(i.e. rivaling the power of governmental bodies) unchecked.

Or the writer gets off on torturing little kids, I dunno.

Funny, I read it the other way - what would happen as the result of unchecked central and social planning by an out of control government. Kudos to the author for providing a scenario where you see the thing you are looking for and not what you were explicitly told to find.

I read the books and don't think the author had anything other than a payday on her mind. The idea is that 75 years before the books there was a revolt against the government. The government won and essentially created 13 districts with specialized functions. To remind the districts of their power, they also forced an annual sacrifice which became a game show.

The books describe how the people of the districts revolt against the government. And there is a young woman who must choose how to react to a lot of conflicting emotions. It's high on feelings and angst, low on tactics or strategy. I also didn't find any symbolism, the metaphors fell apart too quickly for any deeper meaning.

But if I'm wrong it has happened before so I know how to handle it...

Well the base idea of
"The Hunger Games "
is a blaitant rip off of
"The Running Man"

Same split up "factions" or "Sectors"
Poor against the wealthy,
televised blood sport "tributes".

I watched it and was not impressed.

eh, it kinda rips off several previous works...but of all of them, I'd say it rips off the Japanese "Battle Royale" primarily....that was pretty damn good...hunger games is a feeble attempt (albeit successful) at exploiting the post apocalypse genre to the mainstream...with the ingredients being a few choice concepts from other stories, with the addition of of some teen angst and soap opera-ish crap, along with the contemporary teen / 20-something self absorption

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top