JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"The 4th of November is here, a day of mourning for Hungarians, as we remember all the brave men and women who fought in the 1956 Hungarian uprising. This was the day Soviet tanks invaded the capital and started the retaliation."

576909-a21772ded7d2bc8f0fc000d5110b6187.jpg

I went to school with two brothers whose father, a Budapest streetcar driver, had been shot dead at his controls by a member of the AVO - Secret Police. The mother and two boys had escaped into Austria and then ended up in England with a LOT of other Hungarians. Both went on to have, AFAIK, perfectly normal lives in the UK in spite of their unfortunate reasons for being there.

Another model train friend in BC was likewise a refugee - he and his mom first went to England but then immigrated to Canada.

TMK none of them have ever gone back to Hungary.

Look at how the MSM and both sides of the Uniparty bend the knee to Communist China. Despicable. Leftist Postmodernists have been teaching your kids for the last 50 years to hate the West. Many believe, and maybe rightly so, that the USSR won the Cold War through their complete propaganda victory.

EX KGB Yuri Bezmenov talks about the Stages of Communist takeover
This is a MUST WATCH video!!!!

Last Edited:
General Patton wanted to keep going after WWII and knock the Communists out while we still had the advantage. The world was just too tired of war.

I know several Hungarian expats who still harbor a great deal of resentment towards Russia and Communism.. I have heard stories of people being interrogated and/or roughed up for simply listening to The Beatles. The Communist system ruined a lot of innocent people's lives. Similarly I have met a lot of Vietnamese people who have described the misery of collectivism and centralized economic planning. It was not until Vietnam adopted free market policies in the late 80's early 90's that some measure of prosperity returned to their country.

Despite the well-documented history of corruption, incompetence, and cronyism in Communism - I am amazed by the number of idiots who are in a big hurry to entrust bureaucrats with their lives.

Last Edited:
"The 4th of November is here, a day of mourning for Hungarians, as we remember all the brave men and women who fought in the 1956 Hungarian uprising. This was the day Soviet tanks invaded the capital and started the retaliation."
I went to a Benedictine high school and all the monks escaped in 56. They were and are all heroes to me.

I remember this very well. I still have images in my head of the tanks and fire bombing by citizens against the tanks. I recall seeing these images on my dad's black and white TV when I was very young.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top