Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Hun problem or...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by capdek, Feb 16, 2013.

1. capdek

capdek Oregon Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Here's a little levity for all.

Image showing the last three shooters...

ATT000191.jpg

2. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

SSRI's.

3. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I've been on one now for just short of two years. Perhaps these guys were on one but they had more problems than just SSRI's. By making the very short post of "SSRI's" you are kind of making a generalization.

4. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I am sure they are on more than SSRI's BTW: SSRI's affect some people differently than others, and it is also very doseage dependent.

SSRI's. SNRI's, Trycyclics, MOI's, atypical anti-psycotics, LDopa, even Benzodiazapines all have their purpose, their prefered effects, and their unwanted side effects.

Think about an atypical anti-psycotic like Zyprexa. like MJ, it makes the person using the drug hungry. That could be an unwanted side effect, or it could be a wanted effect...for someone with anorexia, ya think?

Both drugs will cause the person to relax, and both will make you want to sleep. That could be a wanted effect for someone with sleep issues, or it may be an "adverse" side effect for someone that needs to work or drive a car.

Where the problem with any drug (including anti-biotics) is, is when a person reacts inapproperately to them. Like, I could take enough Penicillan to kill a horse, and it would not both me. You get penicillin even close to my wife and she could go into shock. Fortunately, the only time she has even come close to penicillan, she was already in teh hospital for something else so they were able to keep her alive.

Don't blame the medicine, blame the system that puts those who should be in a hospital, out on the street. Years ago (up to the early 70's) these guys would have most likely been in a secure mental health facility (usually had the label..."...State Hospital" As in Northern State Hospital in Sedro, that was closed because of bad science, and worse politics.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

No, no, no. It isn't the guy who pulled the trigger. It's the gun...or society (remember, it takes a village)....or it's his mother/father/teacher/bully who made him do it...

Admittedly, all those things go in to shaping and forming the individual, but in the end, if the person is not clinically insane, it is HIS fault. No one forced him to pull the trigger, no medication caused him to pull the bolt back and let it go....

The liberal (mostly, anyway) mindset that nothing is a person's fault, but the result of society, let's the bad guy off the hook and punishes the rest of us. How sad that people believe it.

6. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I thought we defeated the Huns in WWI?

OLDNEWBIE and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Thats funny, I thought they pretty much fell apart after Attila died.

8. Heidland

Heidland SW Washington Active Member

Do you think they photoshopped their eyes to be bigger. All three are bug-eyed.

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

This is NOT about the majority of folks who have been helped by or at least had benign reactions to SSRI's. It's about the significant minority that went nucking futz and killed themselves, or less commonly killed somebody else. How big a body count is too big? We ask ourselves that regularly about alcohol and there's no obvious answer. But unlike alcohol, the medical community in its wisdom has decided that nobody is too young to get dosed with these powerful psychotropic pharmaceuticals.

The question is, do we decide to neuter the entire population pre-emptively to the extent that nobody can do anybody else harm, or do we allow free citizens to do whatever the Hell they care to do until and unless they commit a crime? And then when a crime is committed, do we allow anybody who has the money to hire a big-time legal team to intimidate the prosecutor's office into pleading down a felony rap to a misdemeanor?

Who remembers the "Stockton shooter," one Pat Purdy, who had been arrested for felonies five times, and allowed to plea-bargain down to misdemeanors five times. If just ONCE the prosecutor had done his job and taken Purdy to trial, he almost certainly would not have been able to buy the weapon that he used in the attack on those schoolchildren.

Cleveland School massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow! I wear my hair like contestant #1, and I have military type weapons that could make me do things! Too bad that the nation has given up on funding real mental health care!

PS: attention any liberal site skimmer. The above was written tounge in cheek! Also I recently lost my guns in a terrible boating accident!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    ZigZagZeke and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

OK, I see the vast majority here agree on the same thing. It's NOT the GUNS it's the people that have mental issues. So the biggest problem is getting that point across to the people that are against guns. But how are you ever going to change their mind set?

12. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Political correctness is the problem. We are not allowed to call out strange behaivors anymore. It's drummed into our heads daily that you are an intolerant biggot if you
    feel that someones peronality or actions are not "normal". Remember diversety is good! Keep thinking that or the thought police will get you!