JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yeah yeah I said ARs,not the butt stocks,are all the same.
I bought the SR 762 and it has the basic adjustable butt stock.Kinda ugly. I consider AR beauty the same as glock beauty,does it function?
But come on,other than the wood furniture,isn't there any style to any stocks?
I had the Magpul PRS stock on my last AR and it was about as good as it gets between looks and function in my opinion.
So,what have you that is pretty cool on the end of your AR?
Something around the $100 range? PRS is around $200,trying to be below that unless I can't find a nicer one

Thanks
Mike

i have the LMT SOPMOD on my gun. My buddy is an Airforce Para rescue PJ and sent it to me off his rifle along with a VTAC sling as they get upgraded sh!t every year and get to keep their old stuff. this stock fits super nice and has absolutely ZERO slop like a standard m4 stock has.i looked up the price. $200. the rifle i build for my brother had the daniel defense stock which was $50 fit and finish is nice and tight. no slop either.

also, B5 systems makes a sopmod stock for about $95 bucks. not sure if it has the water tight storage but thats one of the things mine has.

The two dofferent sizes of buffer tube. If your getting a lot of slope may want to check that.

I also use the Magpul ACS and put a bore snake in the storage compartment. I also have a Magpul fixed stock on my 24", and then some no name adjustable stock on a 18" AR I build from spare parts. But will probably put a STR on it.

ACE 9.9" Skeleton fixed on one a mine.

Have 3 of the Houge sliders. They fit much tighter than the Magpul's.

IMG_0315_zpsqb12ky9g.jpg

IMG_0313_zpsf6gqepvc.jpg

I like the ACS and ACS-L for a basic stock, I also run STR, MOE and UBR Magpul units

I run the ACE Ultra light on my skinny gun.

I have a ARC by MVB on my SBR.

I think there are more than 10 good choices but there are a lot that suck eggs.

BTW do the AR15 stocks fit these or is the buffer tube larger?
Guess I better get the calipers out

You need to know if you have a mil spec or a commercial tube. Mil spec is flat at the rear and commercial is angled so you can easily tell them apart by simply removing the stock. Their diameters are slightly different, so you need to make sure you buy the matching type.

If you are using a fixed stock vs a carbine stock you will also need to change out you buffer tube as well. It's pretty easy work, but there is a good chance you will lose a spring or pin, so get some extras when you get the tube if you go that route.

What is this one? Or is the adjusting screw on it an add on?
Charlton.jpg
Haha,guess I forgot to hit post reply.Couldn't find the post,lol
So the tube is the same diameter but if it has and rise above the tube,it has to be longer as to not get in the way of the charge handle,si?

Charlton.jpg

I like the ACS and ACS-L for a basic stock, I also run STR, MOE and UBR Magpul units

I run the ACE Ultra light on my skinny gun.

I have a ARC by MVB on my SBR.

I think there are more than 10 good choices but there are a lot that suck eggs.

I used the ACS on my QCB builds as it put the balance point right over the mag well, so the rifle is a bit more nimble than otherwise.

Weights I found on another board,

Magpul PRS Stock 26.88 oz
ACE Skeleton Stock with carbon riser 10.9 oz
ACE Skeleton Stock 9.9" 10.9 oz
ACE Entry Skeleton Stock 7-1/4" 9.7 oz
ACE Skeleton Stock with Flush Cup 9.9" 10.9 oz
ACE Ultra light Stock A-UL 5 OZ
Magpul ACS Stock 18.24oz
Magpul CTR Stock 8.8oz
Magpul UBR Stock 23.36Oz
MOE MilSpec is 8.0oz
MOE Commercial is 8.5oz
CTR MilSpec is 8.8oz
CTR Commercial is 9.3oz
9.4Oz
Mission First BMS Battlelink Minimalist Stock 5.936
Mission First BMSMIL 5.936
Mission First BMSMILNRAT 5.936
Mission First Bus 9.01oz
Hogue Mil-Spec OverMolded 8.3oz
LUTH-AR Modular Buttstock Assembly (MBA) 20.16oz
LUTH-AR "skullaton MBA-2 11.2oz
Daniel Defense Collapsible Buttstock 8oz

Last Edited:
BTW do the AR15 stocks fit these or is the buffer tube larger?
Guess I better get the calipers out

I was able to switch the stocks between my LMT Defender 2000 (AR-15) lower and my PWS Mk216 (AR-10) if that matters. Personally, I follow the KISS principle. If I don't need anything other than what the rifle comes with (in regards to the stock and such), I don't change it. BUT.... If you up the budget a little there's a Luth AR MBA-3 stock that fits carbine buffer tubes. The Luth AR MBA and MBA-2 require an A1 or A2 buffer tube.

Personally, I'm sticking with the Magpul MOE that I have. It ain't pretty, cheek weld leaves some to be desired, but it works.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top