JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Huge majority of police are against gun control.
PoliceOne's Gun Control Survey: 11 key lessons from officers' perspectives

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legisl...ey-11-key-lessons-from-officers-perspectives/

Bottom Line Conclusions Quite clearly, the majority of officers polled oppose the theories brought forth by gun-control advocates who claim that proposed restrictions on weapon capabilities and production would reduce crime.

In fact, many officers responding to this survey seem to feel that those controls will negatively affect their ability to fight violent criminals.

Contrary to what the mainstream media and certain politicians would have us believe, police overwhelmingly favor an armed citizenry, would like to see more guns in the hands of responsible people, and are skeptical of any greater restrictions placed on gun purchase, ownership, or accessibility.

The officers patrolling America’s streets have a deeply-vested interest —
, their voice has been heard.

Do you actually believe that the anti-gun politicians would even consider this in their logical common sense gun-CONTROL ideology????
They undoubtedly already know of this survey and have debunked it as flawed, biased and right leaning.
We are in a fight to the death with these rabid anti-constitutionalists!!!

So they appease their boss and go on their raid or at traffic stop and do a Sgt. Scholz. I see nothing. If they really favor the armed citizen.

One of the finest Handgun instructors in Clackamas county was Lonnie Ryan.
A retired Homicide Captain that we referred all our clients to when we stopped teaching.
He was one of the best. Highly active 2nd Amendment supporter.
Some of you may have taken his classes.

The vast majority of LEO I know are pro-gun! They hunt, shoot recreationally and frequently own more firearms than I do. They support CCW and often encourage it. The pinheads who do not support gun owners are the politically motivated idiots who are looking to move on to politics, promotion, etc...at larger metropolitan departments. I know a great many people on this website who think all police are part of a greater problem in the United States and they are after our guns, but that it not true. They are concerned as well about the current political atmosphere. That being said, I do not trust state and federal law enforcement at all. They think on a totally different wavelength.

Do you actually believe that the anti-gun politicians would even consider this in their logical common sense gun-CONTROL ideology????
They undoubtedly already know of this survey and have debunked it as flawed, biased and right leaning.
We are in a fight to the death with these rabid anti-constitutionalists!!!

I remember when this came out last year. I don't remember ever seeing any rebuttal or attempt to discredit. Just attempts to ignore it.

What one says and what one does are two entirely different things. Call me cynical but until it happens, we won't know for sure.

Exactly, there is no way they could have tried to discredit it so they stuck their heads in the sand!!!

I like what the survey is saying, but it doesn't look like it was designed by a statistician. At the end of the doc, they note it is an opt-in survey of 15,000 of their 400,000 subscribers, which is immediately a problem. The reality is, pro-gun people will respond to surveys about gun control far more than neutral or anti-gun people, so the survey selection was biased. You and I are generally far more passionate about our beliefs than fence sitters, and you can easily find a few percent of passionate people in any population, which is all they surveyed.

They claim 'the survey sample size was broadly distributed by geography and rank in proportion to the U.S. law enforcement community at large' but that doesn't matter because it was an opt-in survey. They only asked one question about rank, so a statistician would immediately challenge the distribution claim too.

So it's good anecdotal data (and probably accurate based on my beliefs and what I've read), but I can already see how it would be challenged.

Sorry to be the party pooper. :rolleyes:

I like what the survey is saying, but it doesn't look like it was designed by a statistician. At the end of the doc, they note it is an opt-in survey of 15,000 of their 400,000 subscribers, which is immediately a problem. The reality is, pro-gun people will respond to surveys about gun control far more than neutral or anti-gun people, so the survey selection was biased. You and I are generally far more passionate about our beliefs than fence sitters, and you can easily find a few percent of passionate people in any population, which is all they surveyed.

They claim 'the survey sample size was broadly distributed by geography and rank in proportion to the U.S. law enforcement community at large' but that doesn't matter because it was an opt-in survey. They only asked one question about rank, so a statistician would immediately challenge the distribution claim too.

So it's good anecdotal data (and probably accurate based on my beliefs and what I've read), but I can already see how it would be challenged.

Sorry to be the party pooper. :rolleyes:

Well if that is what you see, what side of the fence are you sitting, just askin cause I don't know you.
As an opt in study I guess the gun control leaning cops decided to opt out, that's not the norm for gun-banners.

I think most LEO's are indeed against more gun control simply for the fact that any type of gun control legislation is simply going to mean more work for them. Its a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and they know it. The percentage of crime committed by law abiding gun owners with CCW's is infinitesimal.

Well if that is what you see, what side of the fence are you sitting, just askin cause I don't know you.
As an opt in study I guess the gun control leaning cops decided to opt out, that's not the norm for gun-banners.

Would I be posting here and organizing for 2A if I was a gun grabber? I've met face to face with WA politicians to push for 2A right - have you?

The reality is that this survey was not well designed, and if you quote it in support of 2A, anyone with a college degree is going to point that out.

It's no different from the Seattle Times survey. It was 51% pro gun when it was first posted here, now it's 75% pro-gun.

Look at initiative 676 back in 1997. We won that at 70%. Do you think that WA would still vote the same in 2014? Since then, we've had an influx of Californians, and the liberal vote has grown. The Republicans are one seat from losing both houses in Olympia, and we haven't had a Republican governor since 1985. Not to mention even the local Republicans are voting for gun control....

It's grim, and quoting surveys like this to make yourself feel better doesn't help unfortunately. Better to spend the effort on calling politicians and talking to your neighbors.

Only someone with a college degree can reason things out rationally, but others cannot?

My experience with people that have college degrees are that they go hand in hand with indoctrination, indebtedness, delusion and often just plain worthlessness. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

I have a guy begging me for a job right now who has two master's degrees. It pays just over minimum wage. I'll see what he has to say on the matter since he apparently has a piece of paper that says he is smarter than me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top