JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mike, Maurice and background checks....

Can Mike Huckabee win a single Washington vote?
Yesterday, CNN ran a story that wondered whether former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee can win back his Iowa flock as the conservative Republican starts shifting into campaign mode, while today's Rasmussen Report says he "has the best chance of getting the GOP presidential nomination of the three new contenders in the race this week."

<broken link removed>

He is too conservative to ever be elected. If the GOP wants to have a chance at the White House in 2016, they need to let go of the old school ultra conservative platform. The current voting public did not grow up in the 60's and they are more liberal on social issues, but conservative on the economy and foreign affairs. If the GOP does not wake up and become more moderate in their platform, they will lose. It is not the Dem's or GOP that will decide the next election, it is the independents, those who are in the middle of the road on both parties platforms. Which ever party can attract their votes will win. IMHO.

Gun control or 2nd Amendments rights are at the bottom of the priority list for most voters. They are more interested in the economy, jobs and education. Too bad our local politicians are too busy fussing over gun control when they should be working on what really matters to the people of Oregon.

Last Edited:
He'll never make it because he doesn't know how to keep church and state separate...
This^

I would never vote for him.

Not only can he not keep church & state separate, nor does he want to, he is into the "health and wealth" prosperity gospel movement. I.E., if you are a good Christian you will be healthy and wealthy. If you aren't healthy and wealthy then you don't have enough faith or you have sin in your life.

Disagree; moderates have lost the last two election cycles.

McCain was moderate with a voting record to prove it and so was Romney.

The deep leftists drop a moderate candidate but they do the bidding of the left.

Moderates have done more damage, we have a two party system that has gridlock designed into it.

Why vote then if the D and R or even I all do the same stuff but just follow/lead different people and have a different letter after their name?

Look at England. They have been far progressive since 92 and finally the pendulum swung to the conservative side. 23 years later now they will be going on a different path.

Not the same moderate path.

See that's the issue the more conservative legislature cave the more that line for society falls toward the left. The left never gives, always takes.

As to this year we base some of our opinions on the candidates firearm rights views. To me that's second to economy. Our individual freedoms rest on the bigges freedom we have besides religion. Take away or infringe ether and the country starts to slip quickly.

My $.02,

I'm eating a burrito for dinner sitting in a taco shop so I should probably eat before it cools down.

Remember it's "E Plurbis Unum"

He's a got more opinions than me. He doesn't like certain religions, so he can disappear for all I care. A guy like him isn't the type of stud I want in a world we are about to enter.
I prefer a military mind, with a guy like mitt as vp. Or vice versa.

69274fd0cfe30132dda3005056a9545d.gif

I agree that most voters vote as to what is most important to them. Just comparing those issues you see what is highest on their list and what they feel is more apt to happen in their lives. What is sad though are those issues like gun rights should never be in the picture at all. Rights should be a given that you don't have to fight for. Unfortunately there are people that take the oath and lie to us that they will defend those rights while the first thing they do is try to destroy them.

Character matters, if you measure them all as to if they have character we may have a chance for a decent president.

Rights should be a given that you don't have to fight for. Unfortunately there are people that take the oath and lie to us that they will defend those rights while the first thing they do is try to destroy them.

And the populace tell themselves the story they need to believe in order to live with themselves. Human Nature. We not only believe the lies told to us, we want to believe the lies told to us, we demand that they be told to us, we tell them to ourselves, until our whole view of the world is disconnected from reality.

This is why only those who lie are elected. We the people are to blame.

And the populace tell themselves the story they need to believe in order to live with themselves. Human Nature. We not only believe the lies told to us, we want to believe the lies told to us, we demand that they be told to us, we tell them to ourselves, until our whole view of the world is disconnected from reality.

This is why only those who lie are elected. We the people are to blame.

So to my point of view it is the system and the way it works. I am trying to get people to work from outside the system to peacefully make change. Anyone who wants to help better the system look at the conversation and see if you can be part of the effort.

"The system" exploits the environment it developed in - i.e., human nature.

If humans were not so gullible and irrational, the system would not be able to exploit them so easily.

Personally, I don't see anything changing in the future. Sure people wisen up a little, but politicians, lobbyists, news media, spin doctors, et. al., wisen up too and up their game to match the slightly increased sophistication of the masses.

Overall, people do not change because they do not want to. Change is hard work. Thinking is hard work. It is a LOT easier to just keep on believing what you are told, whether it is the left or the right that you are listening to.

"The system" exploits the environment it developed in - i.e., human nature.

If humans were not so gullible and irrational, the system would not be able to exploit them so easily.

I could use your help because you are so concise in the way you do things, if you choose to help I need to get the word out and I have good people that need information to help me.

The Huckster is a Mid Pack finisher in the end (Stay focused on Walker Cruz Rubio Fiorina (Of the ones in ) and watch for Perry and a robust group of fresh faces in the race + plus the usual candidates ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top