JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone reloading these? Just found 1k of them for almost as much as fmj. I thought they would just be nice to have 500 of them set back and 500 for water jug shooting. Hollow points really make them
Pop. Anyways just curious what powder you guys are using. Looking like I'm going to use N350 for some test rounds then switch over to some 125gr 357 with the N350 as well. Going to have to get a beefier 357 soon. Not sure the 4inch sp101 can handle a steady diet of the 125s.

You talking about pulled Bullets? The HST are top notch self defense HPs. Should work well if you can load to the same velocities.

You talking about pulled Bullets? The HST are top notch self defense HPs. Should work well if you can load to the same velocities.

Yea pulled bullets. They don't look bad. A few scuffs and a little crud on them. I'm hoping I should be able to get close to 1k FPS or a little over out of my glock 19. Maybe a little faster out of the ar9.

I had loaded some off brand 147gr hps with tire group. Believe I was just at 900fps. They were just for plinking tho. Even so they would still tear through 4 gallon mills jugs and expand pretty nice. That's just my backyard testing not that it means anything. But hoping to up the fps on these and get a reliable round to fill up my back up back up mags.

I don't remember where I read it, seems like the factory powder being used for HST loaded rounds was Alliant BE-86.
Might've gotten that from the High road or Brian Enos forums.

I can't find where I read that at, so disregard it as internet heresay.

Last Edited:
I load them with tite group and shoot them out of my suppressed G-17 and ruger PCC.
8tkAYCL.jpg

I'm using 4.5gr. of #7 behind my cast 147gr. HP, but I had to make a
special seating tool to keep from deforming them when I seated them.
I took some thread rod and tapered it to the profile of the HP mold core pin.
HP Seating Tool-1.jpg HP Seating Tool-2.jpg

I am getting excellent accuracy with Berry's 147 flat point plated bullets. And 3.5 grains of Titegroup.
Less recoil with the 147 grain bullets. Midway has them on sale now for $80.74 for 1K.
1570460601005.png

Anyone reloading these? Just found 1k of them for almost as much as fmj. I thought they would just be nice to have 500 of them set back and 500 for water jug shooting. Hollow points really make them
Pop. Anyways just curious what powder you guys are using. Looking like I'm going to use N350 for some test rounds then switch over to some 125gr 357 with the N350 as well. Going to have to get a beefier 357 soon. Not sure the 4inch sp101 can handle a steady diet of the 125s.
I use Red Dot for about anything that goes bang so I'd use that.

I had loaded some off brand 147gr hps with tire group. Believe I was just at 900fps. They were just for plinking tho. Even so they would still tear through 4 gallon mills jugs and expand pretty nice. That's just my backyard testing not that it means anything. But hoping to up the fps on these and get a reliable round to fill up my back up back up mags.
Brother you have come a long way in a short period of time. Look at you rollin' the hotties now:s0019:.

I'm using 4.5gr. of #7 behind my cast 147gr. HP, but I had to make a
special seating tool to keep from deforming them when I seated them.
I took some thread rod and tapered it to the profile of the HP mold core pin.
View attachment 620791View attachment 620792
I've been using 10.7gr of #7 in my M-27 6" under a jacketed Speer 158hp and man do those rounds get to the 100-150yd steel in a hurry. I need to run some across the chrony. I like your custom seating tool;).

As I use the same bullet in my .38Spl. I started out with the same load, 3.5 gr. of BullsEye, in the 9mm, but it was
really dirty.
Then, someone suggested #7 pistol powder. 4.5 gr. is a compressed load in 9mm with that bullet, but it shoots
great and burns clean.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads