JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't seem to find any fitment info on the HSGI core plate carrier. I'm 5'6,120 lbs. I found some info online about plates and from my reading of how to measure chest, I have like a 8-9 in. chest?, roughly a 11 in. front center-line. It seems like the small SAPI plates would be too small and the medium would be slightly too big. I dont have a long torso, nor do I have a wide chest. I just dont want to spend money on a guess and then be S.O.L.

Go with medium. I'm not much bigger than you and I bought a large to fit plates I already had and it fits fine.
Does it feel weird to wear? My LGS only carries large because that's the most common size that people ask for. I'd really not prefer to order one online then find out it is suppose to fit- but doesn't, etc. Thanks in advance!

Not at all. It's like a stiff backpack. I'm about 21 inches at the shoulders and 40 chest as best I can tape measure myself. Will you find yourself in Portland anytime soon? You can try mine out. Love it

Not at all. It's like a stiff backpack. I'm about 21 inches at the shoulders and 40 chest as best I can tape measure myself. Will you find yourself in Portland anytime soon? You can try mine out. Love it
One of my LGS had a lv 3+ complete plate carrier for a really good price, in a medium and it fits perfectly. I wish it had more AR mags for the front carrier, but it is absolutely awesome. Getting my gun belt put together and I should be good. Thank you for the hint on getting a medium, it is actually extremely comfortable

I'm just amazed at 5'6" and 120 lbs. That's not a lot of frame to be putting a lot of gear on. I'd keep it very light. A plate carrier and belt kitted out will be something like 20-30% of your body weight.

One of my LGS had a lv 3+ complete plate carrier for a really good price, in a medium and it fits perfectly. I wish it had more AR mags for the front carrier, but it is absolutely awesome. Getting my gun belt put together and I should be good. Thank you for the hint on getting a medium, it is actually extremely comfortable
Mine didn't come with mag pouches or anything. To be clear, those measurements are from shoulder to shoulder and then a loop around my whole chest. Did you buy it? It's a super good carrier for smaller build dudes it's slick and ultralight. What do you have for shoulder pads and the side cummerbund closer? I still just have the single webbing loop. Definitely needs an upgrade there before I do shoulders

Mine didn't come with mag pouches or anything. To be clear, those measurements are from shoulder to shoulder and then a loop around my whole chest. Did you buy it? It's a super good carrier for smaller build dudes it's slick and ultralight. What do you have for shoulder pads and the side cummerbund closer? I still just have the single webbing loop. Definitely needs an upgrade there before I do shoulders
I ended up with a tacticon armament carrier with lv3+ plates/trauma pads, cumberbund and mag carrier for like $366. It's surprisingly lighter then I thought, but yeah.. for an extended time of doing dynamic stuff or going on a hike especially here in the coastal hills, I'll need to do some more working out to make it just feel like a backpack to me.

Last Edited:
I'm just amazed at 5'6" and 120 lbs. That's not a lot of frame to be putting a lot of gear on. I'd keep it very light. A plate carrier and belt kitted out will be something like 20-30% of your body weight.
I'm not sure exactly how much it weighs, it's has 3 mag holders up front, . I got a tacticon armament carrier with cumberbund, and also picked up a HSGI cobra belt with their pistol mag holders, waiting for the molle belt pad. I put everything on last night including my IFAK and my holster/pistol. It's comfortable, but will definitely need to workout a little more often.

I ended up with a tacticon armament carrier with lv3+ plates/trauma pads, cumberbund and mag carrier for like $366. It's surprisingly lighter then I thought, but yeah.. for an extended time of doing dynamic stuff or going on a hike especially here in the coastal hills, I'll need to do some more working out to make it just feel like a backpack to me.
You can do it bro. Next time I go out there for a hike I'll send you a message and we can try it out together if schedules line up

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top