JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Students defend classmate expelled for gun | abc11.com

I did a brief search, so I hope this is not a repost.

This story absolutely infuriates me. As a teacher, if he was my student, I would lose my job. Something happens when you get that Education Administration degree and all your common sense goes away. IMO, this young man did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do when he realized he had forgotten to take his unloaded shotgun out of the truck before he came to school (he had been skeet shooting the afternoon before).

No, he was stupid and opened his mouth about it, rather than hide it under the seat or somewhere else out of sight and remove it when he got home.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I grew up in NC and when I was in high school, 90-94, every truck in the parking lot had a shot gun in the rear window. We are now a slave to the issues of a few bad people. What a shame. Punished for doing the honorable thing. You can't even tell the truth anymore.

It's ridiculous because they're applying a black and white law to a scenario where by the letter the kid is guilty despite the fact he was attempting to do the right thing. The punishment seems excessive compared to the administrator's.

I forgot a shotgun when I went to school but my gun rack was behind the seat. I just didn't tell anyone and would do the same today.

It's ridiculous because they're applying a black and white law to a scenario where by the letter the kid is guilty despite the fact he was attempting to do the right thing. The punishment seems excessive compared to the administrator's.

I forgot a shotgun when I went to school but my gun rack was behind the seat. I just didn't tell anyone and would do the same today.
Our society has forgotten the difference in the sprit of the law, and the letter of the law. Your right, black and white, we forgot the gray.

I grew up in NC and when I was in high school, 90-94, every truck in the parking lot had a shot gun in the rear window. We are now a slave to the issues of a few bad people. What a shame. Punished for doing the honorable thing. You can't even tell the truth anymore.

Medford, Oregon was the exact same way during that time period as well.

There were people in Klamath Falls who did the same during that time. I think the Thurston shooting changed that around the turn of the century.

I figured my shotgun was safe and out of sight, so it wasn't an issue. I would definitely hide it now though. Morons would think the 30" barrel was for shooting people in hallways.

Man, that really sucks. Poor kid. I accidentally bring a LOADED gun to work (also on a non-2a friendly campus) every day. I guess Ill have to make more of a conscious effort to remember that.... Wait, what? I forgot what I was saying.... Oh yeah, I like cats....

Man, that really sucks. Poor kid. I accidentally bring a LOADED gun to work (also on a non-2a friendly campus) every day. I guess Ill have to make more of a conscious effort to remember that.... Wait, what? I forgot what I was saying.... Oh yeah, I like cats....

I'd call that a serendipitous oversight. Your employer might think otherwise.:)

No, he was stupid and opened his mouth about it, rather than hide it under the seat or somewhere else out of sight and remove it when he got home.

Yup. No one would have been the wiser.

Someone similar to, yet legally distint from myself, had a .22 rifle in their vehicle throughout much of high school, and the janitor even knew about it, but he was cool (former Marine). This person graduated in 07.

There is another, more insidious level to this. The Education Industry has made higher education the Gateway to Prosperity. Notice job listings for higher paid positions pretty much exclude anyone without a college diploma, and an advanced degree is now the standard for responsible positions. The government sector is way ahead of the private sector on this.

By expelling the student the administrators are attempting to handicap his future. He will have to overcome this interruption of his academic progress, which will require home-schooling, private school, or a GED course - none of which are well-considered by college admissions. They have "blackballed" this poor kid.

By the way, "knowingly and willingly" does not meet the standard for this event. He forgot it was in the truck. That means that there was no intent. He was taking action to correct the situation after he discovered the error. False arrest!

My dad used to shoot .22s in the basement range of his school in Renton in the 1960s.

I wish I would say "I remember that," but I'm 29, so I don't.

DrML7wf.jpg

We, the Conservative Right, collectively allowed this type of stupidity to invade our school systems. In my day they might go bird hunting at lunch in Enumclaw. One friend ran a trap line on the way to school. In the 90's both my boys did their science project on ballistics. They use to bring gun magazines to school to read in study hall and the teachers would borrow them to read. This was in Renton.

We didn't protest these laws, didn't know how to, didn't know what tools were available. The Left did and have beat us bloody with their fascist efforts to tell us they're smarter then we are and therefore should tell us how to live and how to raise our children.

Win or loose, I hope this kids parents sue the school district assuming he could legally posses the shotgun. Like the t-shirt episode back East. When most of the kids in school showed up with t-shirts having guns, the school was forced to back down. Maybe all the legal hunters should show up with a forgotten shotgun. I know dumb idea. It would just cause trouble, right.

My how things have changed. in high school half the pickups in the parking lot had a shotgun and a 22 in the back window gun rack. The principal lived down the street from me and had me bring his shotgun and a box of shells to him when I went home for lunch one time - nothing like walking into the principals office with a shotgun in one hand and ammo in the other. Try that today and you would think an ICBM just hit town. PC has ruined much of what was right in the world and replaced it with illogical fear and masses stuck on stupid.

From the article
Some in the community wonder how a senior with just days left of school can be expelled when two years ago, the school's assistant principal accidentally brought a loaded gun to school in her car and was only suspended for three days.

It's always a double standard with the administrators.

His education path is not over though. Anyone with a pulse can go to community college and transfer to a university.

Our owners have successfully made guns 'evil' in the eyes of most youth and the automatons that look over them. From the shotgun kid to the kid that accidentally shaped his pop tart like a gun. No one is objecting (loudly) to what the Rockefeller gov schools are doing.

It only takes ONE generation to change America. Most of it is already destroyed. What is left of it is being picked apart, but most of it is focused on the young. The Nazis knew to indoctrinate the young and our controllers come from the same mentality.

Fifteen years from now if America still exists, 20-somethings will look at guns as something inherently evil that should he avoided at all costs. If you have a gun you will be looked upon as backward, paranoid and ignorant.

Sorry, but we are up against master manipulators with top psychologists on their payrolls, there is no stopping it. That snowball is already rolling down the hill.

The kid should have taken it home without saying a word to anyone. Better to be tardy or absent then draw that kind of negative attention.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top