JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's intended to pass through budget reconciliation, a legislative maneuver allowing Democrats to sidestep GOP resistance and approve legislation with a simple majority vote. Democrats employed the tactic to pass President Joe Biden's stimulus law as well as the House-approved Build Back Better bill that later died in the 50-50 Senate. This WILL get to house floor this fall and likely pass. Don't blink, because this one would be ignored by SCOTUS as it's a taxation issue - remember Obamacare?

It's intended to pass through budget reconciliation, a legislative maneuver allowing Democrats to sidestep GOP resistance and approve legislation with a simple majority vote. Democrats employed the tactic to pass President Joe Biden's stimulus law as well as the House-approved Build Back Better bill that later died in the 50-50 Senate. This WILL get to house floor this fall and likely pass. Don't blink, because this one would be ignored by SCOTUS as it's a taxation issue - remember Obamacare?

That's a racist(Leftist term) bill if ever I saw one. Only the rich will be able to buy stuff. The middle and lower class which includes the BIPOC community won't.

DOA. It's akin to a poll tax for guns. Unconstitutional in the extreme...
These antics by these antis just make me wanna scream... and then kick 'em in the sac... if they had one...

Last Edited:
Another form of "poll taxing"…

Silly demoncrats don't understand you can't tax a civil right enumerated in the Bill of Rights…

Better start erecting those Jersey barriers around the IRS headquarters and field offices…

DOA. It's akin to a poll tax for guns. Unconstitutional in the extreme...
They're going to try and sneak it by through reconciliation which bypasses the need for 60 votes and the Filibuster, which is how we just got saddled with the $650B Inflation reduction act with just the democrat votes. Am I missing something?

They're going to try and sneak it by through reconciliation which bypasses the need for 60 votes and the Filibuster, which is how we just got saddled with the $650B Inflation reduction act with just the democrat votes. Am I missing something?
According to William Kirk (in the video), it would not be snuck by through reconciliation, but rather by burying it in an appropriations bill (as so many other pork-esque things are snuck by). In the end, it can plainly be seen by anyone, SCOTUS included, that this is clearly akin to a "poll tax" on guns, effectively pricing ordinary citizens out of an enumerated right. And that is clearly and unambiguously unconstitutional in the extreme...

According to William Kirk (in the video), it would not be snuck by through reconciliation, but rather by burying it in an appropriations bill (as so many other pork-esque things are snuck by). In the end, it can plainly be seen by anyone, SCOTUS included, that this is clearly akin to a "poll tax" on guns, effectively pricing ordinary citizens out of an enumerated right. And that is clearly and unambiguously unconstitutional in the extreme...
Thanks.

Can we just keep it for a little while though? I've got more firearms than I can possibly shoot with one hand and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to dump some off at half price under that measure. Only $6k for a $12k PSA! What a deal!!!

:s0140:

If it gets passed it will be repealed as soon as the new Congress gets sworn in next January. A double edged sword cuts both ways.

Even if it didn't THIS SCOTUS would crush it in a heartbeat. I could see SCOTUS delaying implementation until the case was heard.

Can we just keep it for a little while though? I've got more firearms than I can possibly shoot with one hand and it wouldn't hurt my feelings to dump some off at half price under that measure. Only $6k for a $12k PSA! What a deal!!!

The best part is that the political side that passes this bill won't be able to arm themselves when they are no longer in control. They won't even be able to afford to shoot themselves in the foot.

If it gets passed it will be repealed as soon as the new Congress gets sworn in next January. A double edged sword cuts both ways.

Even if it didn't THIS SCOTUS would crush it in a heartbeat. I could see SCOTUS delaying implementation until the case was heard.
Just remember, after CA mag ban the Duncan v Bonita case started in 2016 and STILL not "settled" 6 yrs later. SCOTUS declined to strike down Obamacare fines as was within Congress's taxing authority. This bill edits the IRS law to increase the tax on firearms from 15% to the 1000%, making a modest $500 pistol now more than $5000.
Gun manufacturers will be forced to only produce bolt-action, .22lr or single shot type firearms effectively leaving the AR, AK and nearly all semi-auto to only be what is currently in circulation….for now, until they declare a "health emergency" or something to begin confiscation. You know, only the real dangerous ones first

I wouldn't bet any large sums of money on that. I've seen a few other bills that passed through D controlled congress that are still on the books.

Rs talk a big game but never follow through.

Problem is did you pay taxes on the sale? That 1000% tax is supposed to got to the government not you. I could see a few of them 85,000 tax agents knocking/kicking in/on your door in if you didn't pay.

Make it a 10,000% tax, a 1,000,000% tax. The bigger the better, as all the quicker a federal judge will issue an injunction against it.

Secondary bonus: It goes even further to out the left as to their desperate grasp at absolute power - single party dictatorship (as if that was not obvious already).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top