JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Ghosts lives matter too do we really want this guy to be left totally defenseless. I wouldn't want that on my conscious, do you?

View attachment 719331

Indeed. Particularly when three guys each with an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on their back show up.

unlicensed-nuclear-accelerator-joe-misrasi.jpg

Just dandy...in spite of ALL the disastrous stuff happening at the federal level, now this kind of Sh*t comes up. No names on sponsors, no signatures and missing info but I don't doubt it's going to come forth in some manner/time.

In the new bill, Congress outlines that any machine, fixture, or tool that could possibly be used to create a firearm, would now be deemed unlawful.

"116TH CONGRESS 2D SESSION H. R. ll To amend title 18, United States Code, to impose prohibitions relating to machines designed for the manufacturing of frames or receivers for firearms."
1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representa
2. tives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
3. SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
4. This Act may be cited as the ''Stop Home Manufac
5. ture of Ghost Guns Act of 2020''.

It's only 4 pages so go read the damn thing and then write your legislator and fire a shot across their bow...:mad:

Dan

So, now my router and an end mill bit makes me a criminal? J.H. Chirst, WTF is wrong with these motherbubblegumers? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not to play this down, but this is just the House pandering to it's anti-gun base at a time when they know they don't have the power to make it happen. Kind of like how the Republicans promised to defund Obamacare, so long as they weren't in power. Once they got power, they forgot that promise.

Biggest reason I'm not super concerned, at the moment, is that I don't see the Senate approving this. Without the Senate, it's a non-starter to begin with. As for Trump, he's a bit more of an unknown. I'd like to think he'd veto something like this if it crossed his desk, but I don't know for sure.

In addition, I see this bill as highly problematic for them because they would be attempting to ban tools that are not exclusively used to build 80 percent firearms. No chance the courts could allow that to stand. Just another reason I don't think they're super serious about this, even they're not stupid enough to believe the courts would be okay with this.

If the D's had both the House and Senate, yeah, I'd be really concerned. For now, I think it's nothing more than saber rattling. But definitely keep an eye on stuff like this, and take the time to write your legislators and let them know what you think about garbage bills like this.

It's a non-starter, never make it through the Senate on its own.

Yes. These kinds of bills (the ones dems know will fail to pass) serve two purposes:

1) Virtue Signaling letting the dems say "see? we tried!"

2) Come election time, something to beat the GOP about the head and shoulders with by saying "the evil GOP congressmen voted against this".

OTOH - Trump will lose the election and the chances of the GOP losing control of the Senate are increasing. This is what we have to look forward to. So stock up now.

Yes. These kinds of bills (the ones dems know will fail to pass) serve two purposes:

1) Virtue Signaling letting the dems say "see? we tried!"

2) Come election time, something to beat the GOP about the head and shoulders with by saying "the evil GOP congressmen voted against this".

OTOH - Trump will lose the election and the chances of the GOP losing control of the Senate are increasing. This is what we have to look forward to. So stock up now.
If gun owners line up to make sure Trump loses, which MANY are desperately trying to do, stocking up will do little good. Once gun owners prove they are all in on gun control the laws will just keep flowing like water. As it happens so far too many gun owners are all in on losing. So they get what they vote for <shrug>

If gun owners line up to make sure Trump loses, which MANY are desperately trying to do, stocking up will do little good. Once gun owners prove they are all in on gun control the laws will just keep flowing like water. As it happens so far too many gun owners are all in on losing. So they get what they vote for <shrug>

Being in denial won't win the election for Trump. Pro 2A voters are in the minority, and Trump won't win with single issue voters anyway. Every single gun owner could vote for Trump and it won't be enough.

Come August, the stock market will get hit, the economy will start its second dip, and come September we will see a spike in CV-19. The bulk of farmers, small biz owners, the unemployed, the voters who didn't get what they were promised, will vote against Trump no matter who his opposition is. At best Trump will get 40-45% of the popular vote, but probably 35-40%.

Hawaii legislature just passed a bill making 80% (actually anything "may readily be made into a firearm frame or receiver through milling or other means" which means blocks of aluminum too) illegal. Also includes 3D printing. Basically any manufacturing except by a licensed manufacturer.

They also made the AR15 upper a firearm as well (part of the firearm that holds the "bolt"). Since firearms need to be registered within 5 days of acquisition that means when the governor signs it, all AR15 owners have 5 days to serialize and register their AR15 upper as a firearm otherwise it is a felony.

The same bill funds a "firearm commission." Meanwhile my island fired 2 of the 3 state psychiatrists due to lack of funding. One state psychiatrist for 160,000 people.

They literally passed this bill last week, during a pandemic, when people still cant get unemployment checks from 4 months ago.

Last Edited:
Just dandy...in spite of ALL the disastrous stuff happening at the federal level, now this kind of Sh*t comes up. No names on sponsors, no signatures and missing info but I don't doubt it's going to come forth in some manner/time.

In the new bill, Congress outlines that any machine, fixture, or tool that could possibly be used to create a firearm, would now be deemed unlawful.

"116TH CONGRESS 2D SESSION H. R. ll To amend title 18, United States Code, to impose prohibitions relating to machines designed for the manufacturing of frames or receivers for firearms."
1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representa
2. tives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
3. SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
4. This Act may be cited as the ''Stop Home Manufac
5. ture of Ghost Guns Act of 2020''.

It's only 4 pages so go read the damn thing and then write your legislator and fire a shot across their bow...:mad:

Dan

I sort of feel this is aimed directly at the Ghost Gunner mill. There is no way they could ban CNCs -- the technology touches most products in one way or another, either directly or in the machinery necessary to produce and transport it. It would be like banning gasoline at this point.

Last Edited:
Being in denial won't win the election for Trump. Pro 2A voters are in the minority, and Trump won't win with single issue voters anyway. Every single gun owner could vote for Trump and it won't be enough.

What we would get with Trump is one more SCOTUS judge who would probably be pro-2A. What we will get with Biden, is a gun-unfriendly status quo in SCOTUS with RBG retiring, and an anti-2A majority if Thomas retires.

EDIT: Hmmm -- mine seems sort of non-sequitur when held up next to your post. I guess I heard something that wasn't there on first read.

What we would get with Trump is one more SCOTUS judge who would probably be pro-2A. What we will get with Biden, is a gun-unfriendly status quo in SCOTUS with RBG retiring, and an anti-2A majority if Thomas retires.

Preaching to the choir.

No argument that there are benefits to Trump - although I think he is a moron and does more damage than good. I am just being realistic. The closer we get to election the more sure I am that he will lose.

Hawaii legislature just passed a bill making 80% (actually anything "may readily be made into a firearm frame or receiver through milling or other means" which means blocks of aluminum too) illegal. Also includes 3D printing. Basically any manufacturing except by a licensed manufacturer.

They also made the AR15 upper a firearm as well (part of the firearm that holds the "bolt"). Since firearms need to be registered within 5 days of acquisition that means when the governor signs it, all AR15 owners have 5 days to serialize and register their AR15 upper as a firearm otherwise it is a felony.

The same bill funds a "firearm commission." Meanwhile my island fired 2 of the 3 state psychiatrists due to lack of funding. One state psychiatrist for 160,000 people.

They literally passed this bill last week, during a pandemic, when people still cant get unemployment checks from 4 months ago.
Sadly again this is the "gun community doing this to themselves. We have the same thing we always have had. A BUNCH of gun owners who either pay zero attention to what is going on and or, when something like this comes up they say "I don't have any, don't want any, so I don't care. If they manage to kick Trump out like so many are wetting their pants to do they can watch as the "Black Rifles" are done away with next. This time there will be no Grandfather. The embolden law makers seeing how cowed most gun owners are will just outlaw them. At best they will make them some NFA item. You can keep it if you paper it kind of thing. The same gun owners wetting their pants to lose the Senate and POTUS spots will then blame everything else when they get what they voted for. :s0054:

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top