JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always advocated for a Million Man March kind of deal on Washington DC.. People just laugh and poke fun at me whenever I mention such a thing. Yeah, I know in our anti-social/social media/technological world that getting off your computer, being forced to socialize with other human beings (your fellow pro-2A Americans) and taking a long journey to some weird city filled with a bunch of politicians and bureaucrats is not so pleasant. Yet, with the type of legislation going on, maybe some people will actually warm up to my ludicrous idea!

I remember when I was living in Washington after I-594 passed and I would meet other gun owners and discuss with them about the issue. Many were like what is I-594?? :rolleyes: Oh now, you guys got I-1639.. I am sure literally half the gun owners in the state of Washington still don't even know they lost a bunch of gun rights and are required to register their guns with the state and now have strict storage requirements. It's not like the government passes out leaflets..

Raising awareness about 2nd Amendment issues is no picnic in this day and age.. People are more concerned whats on television and where they will go to eat with their family or what bar will they hang out with their bros after work.

Complacency and ignorance is what the fascists are banking on.

Last Edited:
Shear is a verb meaning to cut the wool off of sheep. A bump stock is a stock that allows you to push forward on the rifle so that when the gun inevitably kicks back due to recoil it moves forward so that your finger presses the trigger again, thus the rifle still being semiautomatic.

Either way your finger still stays on the trigger automatically for a faster rate of fire.

All you literally need is a rubber band to allow for faster rate of fire.. I guess we need a Rubberband Ban too. Seen the youtube vids, although I am sure youtube will be removing them. Sadly, the only achievement on firearm-related measures made in our Republican Congress was Bump Stock Ban.. How dumb.. People mock me for no longer registering Republican and becoming a Libertarian (I call myself Constitutionalist to be precise). I am still waiting for my National Reciprocity among many other bold promises.

In the meantime, the Democrats are already conjuring up a measure to make the USA the next Australia. Lindsey Graham already has said he supports Red Flag Extreme Nazi Protection Orders at the Federal Level and says he wants to work with the Democrats. Another RINO at his finest and we trust our gun rights with this guy! Just so people realize that if Extreme Risk Protection Orders pass at Federal level, the Second Amendment has essentially been rendered null and void.

Don't be surprised if when the Democrats take over either White House or Congress that they start hiring former military from countries like El Salvador, Venezuela, Somalia, etc to become hired thugs for the government to handle gun confiscation measures. There is plenty of mercenaries all over the globe who would be all too happy to be paid by the American government to perform the dirty work for a vile and corrupt government regime. It won't be our own military and probably not even local law enforcement. As we seen in Washington and even Maryland now many Sheriffs are rebelling against their states. However, if a semi automatic ban becomes a federal mandate, there is the possibility of them hiring large numbers of law enforcement officers from anti-2A cities like New York, San Francisco to go around the country and help confiscate guns. I'm sure plenty of cops in the NYPD, SFPD and LAPD, e.g. would be all too eager to be hired for a federal anti-gun task force. The government's mindset is that your average American would be too chicken sh** to take on even a few officers/anti-gun task force agents with guns, body armor knocking at the door. And they would for the most part be correct. But , as we saw recently in Maryland, when a law abiding gun owner was slaughtered by police, since he refused to give up his guns, there are enough people who are willing to put up a fight.

As I said, I think a good majority of gun owners and pro-RKBA people are still half asleep. They only seem to wake up when catastrophe is knocking at their door. Too bad people cannot prevent such things well in advance.

Last Edited:
Someone will always ruin it for the rest of us.

As long as we have guns, of any sort, somone will use one to harm someone else and the collective whole of gun owners will be blamed.

This is why the whole argument is stupid, and the sentiment is what is a slippery slope.

As long as you blame a group of owners for the actions of criminals that also own the same item it will lead to a ban on everything.

If we blamed every driver for the action of those that drank alcohol and got behind the wheel not only is this rediculous you end up with no cars left but those the state drives.

I accept a ban on nothing if it's done because of the actions of less then 90% of gun owners. And the bans to date happened because of less then 0.0001% of gun owners.

The same goes for restrictions of any kind, we didn't do it, we don't deserve to be punished.

It's just absolute idiocy.

If anyone should be on the fence about this statement, please read the current Hawaii state Senate resolution to redefine or replace the 2A to state that it is not an individual right but a collective (defined as State or government) one :(

I almost started a thread about the HI news about the Second Amendment the other day and did not do it.

Cate

Without going into a super, long, long post about something that happened many years ago... sigh.

THE NRA REFUSED TO ANSWER THE SECOND AMENDMENT SISTERS in a polite letter, many telephone calls to them (VA HQ and to local state leaders!) and if they would be attending the SAS March in D.C. on the same weekend when the anti gun Mommy March was going on.

The SAS marched, had Cspan coverage (I taped it and sent copies to a bunch of my friends who marched with the SAS. I had to work, I was self employed and I lived in the GL region.), they had many PRO GUN speakers, some other groups showed up and some GOA people were there too.

Some of my police friends in Maryland were there, met up with some other Veterans, some of my male and female friends from MD, VA, other parts of the Eastern Seaboard were there, and some that I knew from old, long gone MSN gun groups.

The SAS group got some attention on the national news as a pro gun group but the Mommy Group outnumbered the pro gun side BIG TIME plus the MOMMY GROUP BUSSED IN PEOPLE to attend. The Mommy Group had celebrities speak too. This was AFTER the Columbine, CO school murders. Late 90's to 2000. I don't think it was in 2001 from my memory now.

So here was a chance for the NRA to make a short trip from VA to D.C. - short hop-drive and they did not even have the courtesy to answer or even show up with a bunch of people even if NO NRA leader was going to speak. They were WELCOME TO SPEAK but they did not even want to help spread the word or admit that there were other PRO GUN yet poorer pro gun groups and people out there. There was NO NRA presence there - their choice.

The SAS did not march close to the Mommy Group. They did not make a ruckus and they were well groomed. I was proud of them.

The SAS had some good speakers and they were a nice group of people. They were PEACEFUL and smart in their speeches. They were not nasty talking 'pink hatted' type of women/men - this was LONG before the pink hatted hate fest freaks, eerrr, people wore those hats too. They did not LITTER.

So we keep hearing about marches and this and that but you can't even get GUN GROUPS to help one another in some cases. NO offense to any person or to any PRO GUN GROUP - they can choose who they want to help or not.

I think that all pro gun groups and people can CHOOSE who they want to help, where they choose to go, etc. So I am not dictating jack squat.

I made a donation to the SAS and some men that I knew joined the SAS group or sent donations too.

I have given to several pro gun groups and been a member of some of them too. National and on the state level. Montana and in my former state.

I plan on donating to the GOA again too.

Cate

Last Edited:
I've always advocated for a Million Man March kind of deal on Washington DC.. People just laugh and poke fun at me whenever I mention such a thing. Yeah, I know in our anti-social/social media/technological world that getting off your computer, being forced to socialize with other human beings (your fellow pro-2A Americans) and taking a long journey to some weird city filled with a bunch of politicians and bureaucrats is not so pleasant. Yet, with the type of legislation going on, maybe some people will actually warm up to my ludicrous idea!

I remember when I was living in Washington after I-594 passed and I would meet other gun owners and discuss with them about the issue. Many were like what is I-594?? :rolleyes: Oh now, you guys got I-1639.. I am sure literally half the gun owners in the state of Washington still don't even know they lost a bunch of gun rights and are required to register their guns with the state and now have strict storage requirements. It's not like the government passes out leaflets..

Raising awareness about 2nd Amendment issues is no picnic in this day and age.. People are more concerned whats on television and where they will go to eat with their family or what bar will they hang out with their bros after work.

Complacency and ignorance is what the fascists are banking on.

I would not laugh at you for wanting a MILLION OR MORE PRO GUN MARCH TO D.C. but I have not seen it happen. Males and females in the march.

I have heard the talk for over 20 years too.

I would be concerned about a 'false flag event'. But as my late husband used to say, "Stuff happens in war and stuff happens in life - DEAL WITH IT."

The problem with a million person march for gun ownership is too many of us have to work for a living. It's one thing when a million unemployed kids get out of mom's basement to march for something, but can you imagine the hit to the economy if a million producers take 3 days off?
Nonetheless, it would be something to see.

The problem with a million person march for gun ownership is too many of us have to work for a living. It's one thing when a million unemployed kids get out of mom's basement to march for something, but can you imagine the hit to the economy if a million producers take 3 days off?
Nonetheless, it would be something to see.
I think that there are more than a million retired, or out of work armed patriots..... especially on the veteran side :cool: and I am currently unemployed but I could go in theory if I have support or I can just ride a long, pay for gas n stuff if necessary. I mean... pretty sure there are a lot of gun owners not working, because they're retired, or in between jobs, or going to college?

I looked up the date for that old march and it was on March 14,2000.

Mother's Day.

The Million Mom March and the Second Amendment Sisters held two rallies. The SAS were very respectful compared to the 'other side'. Some of the celebrities and regular moms were downright NASTY about guns and towards gun folks.

The SAS were NOT close to the HUGE Mommy group anti gun fest.

The SAS did have many Mothers in their own group. Some attended and some could not attend but they supported them in their own way.

Many people marched for the anti gun Mommy group in other cities across the nation. They had a HUGE group of people in D.C. and elsewhere.

The SAS group had people in other cities and small towns too. But it was a much smaller event.

We are always outnumbered. I hate to say it but it is true. The LEFT IN ANTI GUN EVENTS OUTNUMBER US IN PUBLICITY AND IN OTHER THINGS NOT JUST IN MONEY, HONEY!

Cate
Added more.

Last Edited:
Ok, So hypothetically speaking here, Say this does make it through, what exactly are "They" going to do about it? How the hell are they going to enforce any thing, and how are they even going to know who has what? Worst case, it goes before SCOTUS and gets upheld, so what, they still have no teeth, while we still have all the guns, and 100+ Million citizens made instant felons is an awful powerful motivator!
Best case, it never gets signed off and made a law, but the ink is already dry here, this IS the end goal, and now there is no need for them to lie about it! GOOD, makes the targets much easier to identify! Time to redraw the map here!

T'is the Season for Treason!
Can I have your Cub while you languish in prison? I can dig up my guns later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top