JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fat chance of this passing with this administration.

The legislation may not make it through the senate, but I wouldn't be surprised if after another mass shooting, that Trump might have the ATF change the definition of semiautomatic to mean "machine gun". You know, the same way that bump stocks are "machine guns".

Ray

The legislation may not make it through the senate, but I wouldn't be surprised if after another mass shooting, that Trump might have the ATF change the definition of semiautomatic to mean "machine gun". You know, the same way that bump stocks are "machine guns".

Ray

Tell me what's the difference between a shear and a bump stock. They are both mechanical and do the same thing and they are part of the rifle. One is inside the other outside. I think bump stocks are great toys. But somebody always has to mess things up and use them to do great harm!

I'm not worried about this right now. They don't have the votes in the Senate and Trump wouldn't sign this, so it's going no where until at least the next election.

Even with a majority back in both houses and the white house, I don't see this passing either. It goes too far, even for the Dems. There are still plenty of them that have to get re-elected in pro-gun areas. They're smart enough to know where that line exists.

This is like the BS plan the Republicans had to end Obamacare when they had a majority, but knew they would be vetoed. They put bills like this up to stir up their base, knowing it will never pass. Just political BS to get more $$ flowing their way.

Right now the big threat is at the state level. That's where our attention is needed right now. Congress is just grandstanding, it's not a real threat - for now.

Tell me what's the difference between a shear and a bump stock.
Shear is a verb meaning to cut the wool off of sheep. A bump stock is a stock that allows you to push forward on the rifle so that when the gun inevitably kicks back due to recoil it moves forward so that your finger presses the trigger again, thus the rifle still being semiautomatic.

Think more so like Nazi Germany and Stalinist Russia,they take the guns and shortly after genocide.
Call me paranoid but I believe that is more so the direction they want to take this,that is why these antigun laws make me so angry,because I know history and have seen where this leads,it's not pretty.

OK I got a question.. Who will they be Genociding? Middle Aged White Guys that do the work and pay the TAXES? that will work out very well for them

The reason you don't see million man marches on Washington to support gun rights is WE HAVE JOBS WE HAVE TO WORK IF WE DON"T WORK STUFF DOESN"T GET PAID FOR.

Also How many semi auto rifles and shotguns are their in this country that would fall under this bill if it were to become law?

There are currently about 1/2 million firearms on the ATF's list Now imagine the ATF hit with what 30 million firearms all at once to be registered and thats only guessing Semi Auto rifles and shot guns only make up less then 10% of the estimated firearms in this country. ';

Last year there were 25 million background checks done LAST YEAR I have firearms made over 110 years ago still. I think the idea that theres only 300 million firearms in this country is grossly under estimated. SO now lets imagine 50 Million of the firearms in the USA would have to be registered by ATF.

logistically I doubt they could even pull it off.

The Bloomberg shill groups (Everytown, MDA) define an "assault weapon" as any weapon that can fire more than 10 rds per minute... I would consider that to mean any cartridge firearm and, in the right hands, a few black powder arms too. Sounds silly, but they have widespread support amongst federal, state, and local Democrat politicians. With an agreed-upon "definition" like that, there can be no doubt of their aspirations.

The British Army used to do what they called the Mad min.

The Mad Minute was a pre-World War I bolt-rifle speed shooting exercise used by British Army riflemen, using the Lee–Enfield service rifle. The exercise formally known as "Practice number 22, Rapid Fire, 'The Musketry Regulations, Part I, 1909", required the rifleman to fire 15 rounds at a "Second Class Figure" target at 300 yd (270 m). The practice was described as; "Lying. Rifle to be loaded and 4 rounds in the magazine before the target appears. Loading to be from the pouch or bandolier by 5 rounds afterwards. One minute allowed".

The "Second Class Figure Target" was 48 inches square (approximately 1.2 x 1.2 meters), with 24 in (61 cm) inner and 36 in (91 cm) magpie circles. The aiming mark was a 12 in × 12 in (30 cm × 30 cm) silhouette figure that represented the outline of the head of a man aiming a rifle from a trench. Points were scored by a hit anywhere on the target.

The first Mad Minute record was set by Sergeant Major Jesse Wallingford in 1908, scoring 36 hits on a 48 inch target at 300 yards (4.5 mils/ 15.3 moa).[1] Another world record of 38 hits, all within the 24 inch target at 300 yards (2.25 mils/ 7.6 moa), is said to have been set in 1914 by Sergeant Instructor Alfred Snoxall,[2]

220px-ISSF_25_meter_Precision_and_50_meter_pistol_target.svg.png
In the Mad Minute Challenge in Norway in 2015 a standard 200 m DFS target was used, scoring 1 point for every hit inside the black area which is 400 mm in diameter and corresponds to 2 mils at 200 meters (6.9 moa). This actually makes the target size used in the Norwegian event smaller compared to the story of Alfred Snoxall, who had all 36 hits inside a 24" circle at 300 yards (2.22 mils/ 7.64 moa).
A Mad Minute event was held in Soknedal, Norway, on 30 May 2015 featuring some of the best stang shooters in the country.[3] The competition was called the "Mad Minute Challenge",[4] and was shot at a round 400 mm diameter target at 200 meters (2 mils/ 6.9 moa), making the target smaller than original. The winner, Thomas Høgåsseter, scored 36 hits. The average score, of 11 shooters, was 29.

SO there go our Bolt Action rifles LOL

Tell me what's the difference between a shear and a bump stock. They are both mechanical and do the same thing and they are part of the rifle. One is inside the other outside. I think bump stocks are great toys. But somebody always has to mess things up and use them to do great harm!

My point was more about Trump and the ATF ignoring/making up their own definition of "machine gun".

Technically speaking, a DIAS does change how a semiauto works: from one pull of the trigger = one round to one pull of the trigger = multiple rounds (pretty much the definition of a machine gun), where a bump stock really doesn't, as it's still only one pull of the trigger = one round. It just helps you pull the trigger a little faster.

I agree, somebody always has to mess things up". I am sick and tired of the politicians always wanting to punish/punishing us for the actions of others and crimes we haven't committed. @RicInOR quote (of a quote) below illustrates ti very well.

via Ol' Remus

From Jeff Snyder at the Washington Times, 1994
"But to ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless."
Who's Under Assault in the Assault Weapon Ban?

Ray

Banning all semi-automatic weapons is essentially the dissolution of our already neglected Constitution. A ban on all semi-automatic weapons should be nothing short of an act of war. I didn't say that it would be an immediate act of war as many Americas would just comply with orders. However, there could be quite an opposition and they would be much more pro-active than just trying to vote back their rights that never should have been stripped away in the first place. If semi-automatics would be placed under the domain of the 1986 FOPA/Hughes Amendment then it would equate to a mass gun confiscation of 150,000,000 + Americans firearms. Need I say that should be an act of war against the American people? Many would comply, but even if 20,000,000 didn't that would be a formidable force to reckon with and I would assume it would be much more than that. It is tough enough for the American military to take on the Taliban. Now they have to take on tens of millions of Americans who both are better trained, many who are former military, within the same borders and would be on bent on defending their freedoms to the end. Of course, they would have to probably utilize NATO/UN forces instead of using American military against their own.

Seriously, if this does happen, several states would hopefully secede from the Union and I would apply for citizenship in those new countries. Sad situation, but our country already is pretty much not the America of our Forefathers. The Democrats, especially, are trying to convert this country into a Leninist Soviet style bureaucratic police state. Maybe its time for us to find a new America within America? The thugs in DC think they can get away with murder, but there must be a breaking point.

Seriously, if they pass such an act and there is no revolt and no states secede I would probably think of leaving the country altogether. America can never be an Australia. Australians are submissive subjects of the crown and a powerful and overbearing bureaucracy. Yes, the communists/fascists have their large mass of followers who basically are submissive and brainwashed sheep. But, there is a formidable force to stand up against them.

Last Edited:
Banning all semi-automatic weapons is essentially the dissolution of our already neglected Constitution. A ban on all semi-automatic weapons should be nothing short of an act of war. I didn't say that it would be an immediate act of war as many Americas would just comply with orders. However, there could be quite an opposition and they would be much more pro-active than just trying to vote back their rights that never should have been stripped away in the first place. If semi-automatics would be placed under the domain of the 1986 FOPA/Hughes Amendment then it would equate to a mass gun confiscation of 150,000,000 + Americans firearms. Need I say that should be an act of war against the American people? Many would comply, but even if 20,000,000 didn't that would be a formidable force to reckon with and I would assume it would be much more than that. It is tough enough for the American military to take on the Taliban. Now they have to take on tens of millions of Americans who both are better trained, many who are former military, within the same borders and would be on bent on defending their freedoms to the end. Of course, they would have to probably utilize NATO/UN forces as using American military against their own

Seriously, if this does happen, several states would hopefully secede from the Union and I would apply for citizenship in those new countries. Sad situation, but our country already is pretty much not the America of our Forefathers. The Democrats, especially, are trying to convert this country into a Leninist Soviet style bureaucratic police state. Maybe its time for us to find a new America within America? The thugs in DC think they can get away with murder, but there must be a breaking point.

Seriously, if they pass such an act and there is no revolt and no states secede I would probably think of leaving the country altogether. America can never be an Australia. Australians are submissive subjects of the crown and a powerful and overbearing bureaucracy. Yes, the communists/fascists have their large mass of followers who basically are submissive and brainwashed sheep. But, there is a formidable force to stand up against them.
I would only put the number of those who would actually stand up against tyranny should this pass, to about 1 to 10 million, spread out in 50 States and depending on the type of support they get, they would do well to use guerilla tactics.

But... it may prove to be far more effective if no less than 1 million armed gun owners and their families were to literally show up on Pennyslyvania Avenue, in front of the Capitol, with support from other patriots. To drive the point so hard that the anti gunners are effectively cowed by this show of nonviolent force
It has worked for the Civil Rights movement, it worked for women, it worked for other groups in the past. Not even the Police and the Federal military can stand up to a force of a million plus, not without causing massive casaulties and unrest in all the other States
The only problem... can we find such a number of patriots willing to.do such on a nationwide scale? I look at the posts about needing leadership, about having a difficult time finding even 59 leaders in Oregon alone.. and I fear that right now, gun owners are far too comfortable, far too confident that their Reps and Senators won't affect them... and that life as is.. is pretty good, good enough to throw other gun owners under the bus for petty reasons :mad::confused::(:(

As long as you continue to see NRA stickers the fudds are alive and well. I get them in my shop ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I have started telling them they are wrong and have no idea what is happening. 95% of them are over the age of 65, watch fox religiously, haven't trained in years or ever and have no clue (nor they care to get one) what is happening across the country and the complicit nature in ALL of it by the NRA. There is absolutley no excuse to be ignorant anymore, the information is literally at your fingertips and it takes very little effort to be informed for yourself!
Tear up your NRA cards and spend that money on quality gear or training!
#themoreyouknow

Lead poisoning from leaded gas when they were younger.....

Last Edited:
"What difference, and this point, does it make"

I suggest y'all draw your personal line in the sand. Tribulations are coming.

This needs to be displayed at every gunstore across the country in some form or fashion.
How in the heck are 2nd amend supporters supposed to make ANY headway in beating back the onslaught of TYRANNY!! It's TYRANNY folks! Plain and simple, we as a community will continue to get creamed in the public debate and destroyed at the ballott box until ALL OF US are willing to acknowledge what is happening and unite in voice and support to combat it.
The "defend the 2nd" rally in salem this month will be an interesting barometer of how serious the community is IMHO.....Radian's website for the rally states "
the purpose of this event is to remind our legislators that they work for us, and any continued assault on our 2nd Amendment rights will not stand. They've obviously forgotten that we are, in fact, a constitutional republic. This is the time for anyone who cares about the 2nd Amendment to set aside their differences and come together on behalf of our sacred American liberties."
They haven't forgotten anything, THEY DON'T CARE!!!!!!!! When will people wake up???? This is the kind of language that perpetuates complacency, the elites in Salem could care less what gun owners, think or how they vote. There is a reason we are dubbed the "silent majority". We suck at getting a clear, concise, bold and factual statement across and we continue to disagree over what is "infringement". It's pathetic and Gd@#^ed frustrating!!!
If you think for a second that just because something won't happen at a federal level this year but aren't concerned about the possibility, or the likelihood of something happening the next year or the year after that..... :s0015:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top