JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
table 22.jpg http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc.../resource-pages/tables-by-title/tablesbytitle

Last Edited:
Writing what I think of the UK's firearms laws in this site would get me banned for life.
Well, maybe if you expressed your thoughts in a congenial manner, and not entirely judgmental or 'one sided' given your 'experience' as a firearm owner in the UK it might be 'eye opening' and informative - and NOT something that would get you 'banned for life'. Go for it!

Well, maybe if you expressed your thoughts in a congenial manner, and not entirely judgmental or 'one sided' given your 'experience' as a firearm owner in the UK it might be 'eye opening' and informative - and NOT something that would get you 'banned for life'. Go for it!
'kay.

How's this?

I find that here in UK the laws governing the legal ownership of firearms to be overly-restrictive, personally intrusive, draconian, even, and a great limiter on my personal firearms ownership ambitions.

There are, however, some gross benefits to legal firearms ownership. As a result of trade and foreign currency input, the government coffers benefitted to the tune of some £2.5 BILLION in the last year with available records, purely from the firearms leisure industry.

Some other countries nearby also have restrictive firearms laws, and although the Republic of Ireland DOES permit handguns of .22calibre, they are restricted to five-round capacity magazines, or having chambers plugged. No centre-fire handguns though, although I'm advised that there might be nine left, whose licenses, when they expire, cannot be renewed. They can also have a semi-auto centre fire rifle or carbine. But every airgun over 1 Joule m/e has to be licenced and there is no reloading or black powder shooting - and each gun has to have its own separate license.

There are, however, some gross benefits to legal firearms ownership. As a result of trade and foreign currency input, the government coffers benefitted to the tune of some £2.5 BILLION in the last year with available records, purely from the firearms leisure industry.
So did any of these 'gross benefits' to the 'government coffers' trickle down to to the benefit of the citizens or to anything else?

I'll take a guess and say probably not all see the £2.5 BILLION as a 'gross benefit' - but more likely as an additional burden to an already 'overly-restrictive, personally intrusive, draconian, even, and a great limiter on personal firearms ownership ambitions'.

I mean it would awfully hard to rationalize £2.5 BILLION as a 'gross benefit' when you have already given up a lot of what firearms freedoms you DID have - and have to pay what you do for the 'privilege' of what you can have.

Last Edited:
So did any of these 'gross benefits' to the 'government coffers' trickle down to to the benefit of the citizens or to anything else?

I'll take a guess and say probably not all see the £2.5 BILLION as a 'gross benefit' - but more likely as an additional burden to an already 'overly-restrictive, personally intrusive, draconian, even, and a great limiter on personal firearms ownership ambitions'.

I mean it would awfully hard to rationalize £2.5 BILLION as a 'gross benefit' when you have already given up a lot of what firearms freedoms you DID have - and have to pay what you do for the 'privilege' of what you can have.
I 100% agree with you, Sir.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads