JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking if the magnitude is anything like they are expecting for the big one we can count out any kind of real help for months.

I could be wrong but I would rather be prepared than have to deal with a bunch of people fighting over ration's dropped from a plane. You think the protesters were bad holy bubblegum it would get ugly quick. :eek:

In some places years and in places like mine out in the sticks maybe never.
Silver Hand

And to add to the volcano fun.....

"PORTLAND, OREGON; BEND, OREGON; and JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI, are the only cities in the "lower 48" states with a volcano within their respective city limits. None of the volcanos is active, but each is nonetheless a volcano.

PORTLAND, OREGON, lies on top of an extinct Plio-Pleistocene volcanic field. The Boring Lava Field includes at least 32 cinder cones and small shield volcanoes lying within a radius of 13 miles of Kelly Butte, which is approximately four miles east of downtown Portland. The volcanos are extinct, but Mt. Tabor Park is focused on the extinct volcano.
Please see:
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed> "​
from What's The Only USA City With a Volcano in the City Limits?

If I recall correctly from my geology of Oregon class, Mt. Tabor, Rocky Butte, , Powell Butte, and Mt Scott are all extinct volcanic-related landforms. Having Mt Hood 60 miles away is bad enough, hopefully the local buttes will stay asleep for a long, long time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top