JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stupid prick stuck his 2 cents in where it wasn't wanted...
Good thing those Britons got rid of all those guns

I actually see the guy as your average British lemming who thinks he's Dudley Do Right.. he was probably a likable fellow who thought he was being a good Samaritan. Kinda like the dude who called the bobbies over the deadly .22 round on the sidewalk. Those people over there are hopeless

I actually see the guy as your average British lemming who thinks he's Dudley Do Right.. he was probably a likable fellow who thought he was being a good Samaritan. Kinda like the dude who called the bobbies over the deadly .22 round on the sidewalk. Those people over there are hopeless

You are probably correct, I wonder if the guy he "saved" bothered coming to the funeral?

You are probably correct, I wonder if the guy he "saved" bothered coming to the funeral?

I would intervene to save an innocent girl or lady from attack like the Maryland incident, but probably not for a male stranger.. unless he was a nice old guy and thugs were attacking. It's sometimes difficult to discern who or if anyone is actually the good guy in these scenarios. I will say that if I did choose to intervene the attackers would not be hurting anyone for a long time while they recovered in intensive care. Here's the video of that case..

LiveLeak.com - Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer

Not only did they disarm the citizens they also disarmed the majority of the police, so if there was an officer of the law on the scene all he could do is wave his billy club around. I wonder what the brady campaign has to say about this story......(I actually have no interest in their response)

Not only did they disarm the citizens they also disarmed the majority of the police, so if there was an officer of the law on the scene all he could do is wave his billy club around. I wonder what the brady campaign has to say about this story......(I actually have no interest in their response)

They are reversing that now and bobbies are being armed up, including with MP5 submachine guns. It's exactly what anyone who studies history was expecting.. a police state right out of Orwell's "1984"

These stats are about 10 years old so if anyone can find anything more recent please share:

Britain vs. USA gun violence:

% of homicides committed with firearms: Britain: 8% USA: 46%
Firearm homicide rate per 100,000 pop: Britain: .12 USA: 2.97

These next 2 statistics help to put the previous 2 in better context (I.E. are the brits just using knives instead of guns to kill people)

non-firearm related homicide rate per 100,000 pop: Britain: 1.33 USA: 4.58
Overall homicide rate per 100,000 pop: Britain: 1.45 USA: 8.55

The OP's way of phrasing his question got me wondering what the actual statistics concerning firearm violence actually were. I am not in any way proposing we ban firearms in the US, in fact I would like to see more law abiding citizens carry them. Again, if someone can find any more recent or contrasting numbers please share them. This info came off wikipedia (so it must be true) and the source for it was the United Nations office on drugs and crime.

Part of the problem when trying to compare rates is that Canada and Britain use different methods of reporting. Here, if there are 10 apartments broken into then they are treated as 10 separate incidents. In Canada and Britain they are lumped together as one since they assume it was the same crook.

Makes a big difference in the stats.

As does the use of 10 year old stats. US crime has gone down and Australian, Canadian and British rates have gone WAY up.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

In the last 10 years Britain has been flooded with dangerous 3rd worlders who have greatly raised crime rates (Murder, rape, assault, robbery) with guns and knives. It's not native Brits committing the vast majority of the violent crime

Also, compare the pregun ban rates with post gun ban rates and you'll find gun deaths increased quite a bit

The Brady bunch loves George Soros & Rebecca Peters

In the last 10 years Britain has been flooded with dangerous 3rd worlders who have greatly raised crime rates (Murder, rape, assault, robbery) with guns and knives. It's not native Brits committing the vast majority of the violent crime

Also, compare the pregun ban rates with post gun ban rates and you'll find gun deaths increased quite a bit

Funny thing, just like the proponents for illegal immigration here in the US, they thought the people coming into their country were already civilized

I would intervene to save an innocent girl or lady from attack like the Maryland incident, but probably not for a male stranger.. unless he was a nice old guy and thugs were attacking. It's sometimes difficult to discern who or if anyone is actually the good guy in these scenarios. I will say that if I did choose to intervene the attackers would not be hurting anyone for a long time while they recovered in intensive care. Here's the video of that case..

LiveLeak.com - Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer

The only wise thing to do in that situation is to grab your cheeseburger and coke and exit the building ASAP and not look back.

The only wise thing to do in that situation is to grab your cheeseburger and coke and exit the building ASAP and not look back.
It's easy to second guess and unfortunate we have to resign ourselves to think this way but probably the best move - sigh... Remember Kitty Genovese...

I see, this one shooting shows that the English have a far worse handgun crime problems then we do, and it is because of their laws?

If your hang your hat on this sort of thinking it will fall off your head when you put it on.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top