JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, it's kinda like Southeastern New England... 90 degrees, 90% humidity, hope it cools off at night... Yup, remember those days, sleeping with a box fan in the bedroom window, just trying to stay cool...

Everything east of the Rockies is like that. I spent a year + half in NC and went to school in DC, daughter lives in Ark, SIL loves Chicago :rolleyes:, it does not cool off at night... that's a PNW thing. So Cal was 104F all night in August, but very low humidity. In NC, I'd shower, towel dry from top to bottom, and by the time I got to bottom I had to start all over again. Thunderstorms would bring winds that made it a little cooler, then the rain would double the humidity. :mad: No wonder people in Chicago are angry... home of the blues!

How to " fix" crime in Chicago...?
I don't know... I don't live there and I have no real idea or understanding of the many issues that are causing Chicago's problems.

Chicago's Mayor Rahm Emanuel listed these very issues today, when he spoke to the Press. This is what he said is causing Chicago's gun violence problem:

"There are too many guns on the street, too many people with criminal records on the street, and there is a shortage of values about what is right, and what is wrong."

The question is: How do you address those issues?? What do you do, if you have people that have no moral values?

Here is a brief video of the Mayor's key remarks:

Chicago just continues to mass produce young men like these fellows:

Exhibit 3.jpg

Well lets see , 30 people a day = how long till there's nobody left to shoot;)

Been this way for decades, they have kids faster than the mortality rate is the problem.
Generations being paid to have kids will make for a large uncontrollable population in any demographic.

Been this way for decades, they have kids faster than the mortality rate is the problem.
Generations being paid to have kids will make for a large uncontrollable population in any demographic.
Ah ha! So birth control is the answer to the problem:p

That was not the number that died, only the number that were shot. Only 11 people died over the weekend.

Plus, Chicago still has 2.7 million people. Its population has remained steady at that number for some years now. People do not appear to be flocking to go move there. Some are also leaving, which is why births are not driving the population higher.

Its not really "Chicago" it south, and elements of West Chicago that have issues. Personally if I were Mayor Emanuel I'd be looking at investing in a extensive public surveillance system across south Chicago, Though somewhat intrusive (in a civil rights sense) it would likely reduce crime, without committing too policies of racial antagonism like some on this forum espouse.

Chitcago needs to Bull Doze Da Hood and round up the gangs! Start with the inner areas and work your way out! Send in the cops and profile every one, run them through the data base and start collecting all of the bad ones! Keep it up and drive them all out!
Gangs, Druggies, and extortion rackets, all need to be driven out!:mad::mad::mad:

Chicago's Mayor Rahm Emanuel listed these very issues today, when he spoke to the Press. This is what he said is causing Chicago's gun violence problem:

"There are too many guns on the street, too many people with criminal records on the street, and there is a shortage of values about what is right, and what is wrong."

The question is: How do you address those issues?? What do you do, if you have people that have no moral values?

View attachment 485794

Rham, Rham, Rham.....

Have you not forgotten your very own words forever immortalized on video?

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." :rolleyes:

Its not really "Chicago" it south, and elements of West Chicago that have issues. Personally if I were Mayor Emanuel I'd be looking at investing in a extensive public surveillance system across south Chicago, Though somewhat intrusive (in a civil rights sense) it would likely reduce crime, without committing too policies of racial antagonism like some on this forum espouse.

LOL :rolleyes::oops:....like Europe .... b/c that stopped so many people getting stabbed? (or did we forget France and the AK's....n/m)

I lived in the EU and trust me....camera's did nothing much for criminal activity

I have been with some others that I saw do some dumb things on "major" statues/buildings..... Saw what was done and what the reaction was....nothing.............BTW, if you know what a NED is....then you know they can't be touched in most EU courts......More surveillance.....riiiiiiight... as some one said (@TheHeretic)

"Make Orwell Fiction Again"

View attachment 485794
Well, perhaps if Chicago had a mayor with a spine... That might help...

A Republican mayor for a few years could turn the situation around, with the police department, judges, city council and the people backing him/her...

Seems there's just four districts in Chicago that are causing the majority of the problem... How about a gang enforcement task force...

Now there's a novel idea...

Never let a good crisis go to waste Rahm....

The results of a welfare system that rewards reproduction... All at the expense of those who actually work for a living... Thanks Dems...

Chitcago needs to Bull Doze Da Hood and round up the gangs! Start with the inner areas and work your way out! Send in the cops and profile every one, run them through the data base and start collecting all of the bad ones! Keep it up and drive them all out!
Gangs, Druggies, and extortion rackets, all need to be driven out!:mad::mad::mad:
Well, that's mean Rahm would be gone too :eek:

LOL :rolleyes::oops:....like Europe .... b/c that stopped so many people getting stabbed? (or did we forget France and the AK's....n/m)

I lived in the EU and trust me....camera's did nothing much for criminal activity

I have been with some others that I saw do some dumb things on "major" statues/buildings..... Saw what was done and what the reaction was....nothing.............BTW, if you know what a NED is....then you know they can't be touched in most EU courts......More surveillance.....riiiiiiight... as some one said (@TheHeretic)

"Make Orwell Fiction Again"

Fair enough, the issue in the US, is that when you go out and stop and frisk every shady character in south Chicago you are going to be accused of racism and antagonizing the local population, who already see the police as a occupying power, undeserving of respect.

The tactically adapt ways of dealing with this particular kind of violence would be to set up huge number of checkpoints and roadblocks, in Englewood preventing freedom of moment for criminals across Chicago's south side. Politically that impossible though, will be interpreted as targeting minorities regardless of what good the policy could do...

Free guns to every known law abiding family, including ARs and deputize the able bodied good people with power to stop crimes from happening by any means necessary... that ought to seriously reduce the amount of gang violence... sure for a while maybe even more violent than Iraq but... it could even the playing field and avoid a little of the accusations of "fascist racist cops gunning everyone down" . Of course it means repealing all the existing gun laws.. so its impossible.

The problem is the mobility of the gangs considering nearly all the shootings were 'drive by'. They arrive quickly to a large crowd, start shooting, panic ensues etc.
Short of having sentries pre-positioned with LAW rockets or barricading the streets with portable concrete road blocks there is little that can be done as long as these areas are accessible by vehicle and the people continue to congregate in groups outside in the open.

Last Edited:

Too many guns wouldn't be a problem without the rest. Gangs make a lot of money due to the war on drugs, and because poverty is so high people are drawn to being members of gangs. Then there is the fact that some feel like being a member of a gang is the closest thing they'd have to a family. For those with bad parents, no parents, foster parents who don't care (or keep moving from foster home to foster home, etc), they want somewhere they feel like they belong. Then there's the fact that they aren't taught what is right and wrong, either because they lack parents who care, their parents can't, poor schools, etc.

As some have pointed out, the parts of the Windy City that are volatile and violent have been that way for centuries. If it wasn't the Italian residents, it was the Irish, or the 'mobsters' & Daley's crew, now it is another group.

As Bobo pointed out, these section(s) of the city are a severe poverty section where the area's infrastructure hasn't failed, it is nonexistent! School, community services, employment, even the 'all encompassing religious' groups only do lip service in those areas.

The city's & state's leaders are completely overwhelmed and stuck on stupid that the 'tool' is to blame for the violence.

Remember, someone must teach these young adults how to function in society and Chicago et al., has failed in that endeavour for decades as you have generations of these impoverished residents have been exposed to the same learned behaviour of street living, similar to a refugee camp, in American's heartland!

As long as the carnage stays in select neighborhoods it actually isn't a problem. You know, if they would just stop reporting on it the problem would be solved. Only the hospitals & cemeteries would know.

One solution would be issue those surplus M1 rifles to Chicago gangs. The average banger there is built like a 12yo girl. The weight and recoil would be enough disinterest them in guns. Reform school is another ideal I like. No one gets out without a HS diploma. There wouldn't be a prison record to keep them unemployed for the rest of their lives either. Finally, move all city government into those neighoods with the highest crime rates. I think solutions might come a little faster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top