JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Morning All,

just purchased my first 9mm this morning and was told NW Firearms is "THE" Site I must join..
well, here I am :)

looking forward to learning much about this awesome hobby and knowledge about guns/ammo...
C&C Welcome..

Looking for a good Range to try out my new gun!!

Thx
AC

movie-die-hard-welcome-to-the-party-pal_zpsive1manj.png

Welcome!

Not knowing how much you know here are some basic tips.

-Learn the 4 rules of firearm safety.
Treat all guns as if they are loaded. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

- you cant carry a loaded gun or open carry in Multinomah county without a concealed handgun license(CHL)

- a CHL trumps (heh) most of the stupid anti-gun city and county ordinances that are hard to follow. Even if you are not going to conceal carry go ahead and get one. CHL applications are done through your county of residence.

- If you have not shot a gun before, take a beginner class. Often the class will qualify for the training requirement to get a CHL.

- here are a few indoor ranges that are good:
The Place to Shoot | Portland, OR | Indoor Handgun Range
Home
Public Safety Training Center & Indoor Shooting Range
(I dont recommend beavercreek armory)

Free outdoor range in Tillamook forest (volunteers from this site helped design it and keep it clean)
Google Maps

- Check the supported vendors section for good gun dealers.

- @Velzey is our resident gunsmith extraordinaire. Need anything fixed or coated or machined he can do it.

Otherwise ask as many questions as you like.

Welcome!

Treat all guns as if they are loaded. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

- you cant carry a loaded gun or open carry in Multinomah county without a concealed handgun license(CHL)

- a CHL trumps (heh) most of the stupid anti-gun city and county ordinances that are hard to follow. Even if you are not going to conceal carry go ahead and get one. CHL applications are done through your county of residence.

- If you have not shot a gun before, take a beginner class. Often the class will qualify for the training requirement to get a CHL.

Home

Free outdoor range in Tillamook forest (volunteers from this site helped design it and keep it clean)
Google Maps

- @Velzey is our resident gunsmith extraordinaire. Need anything fixed or coated or machined he can do it.

Regarding gun safety, I'll piggy-back on Bolus's comments.

A friend of mine brought his kids out to the farm to do some target shooting. As we were setting up the targets, he asked his little girl (who's about 6 years old):

"What's the most important rule of gun safety?"

She answered "Don't point the shooty part at something you don't want to shoot."

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Be good. Be brave. Shoot straight.

Welcome!

Home

Google Maps

this is very helpful thank you

i would like to make sure my son also gets proper training
are there places that are kids friendly 12 yr old

I dont have experience with teaching kids, but a 9mm will probably be too much for a 12 year old. I'd start with a 22 rifle and then move up from there

I have not been here but the Portland Rifle and Pistol club has a junior program for ages 10 and up
Programs

"Our Junior Program is available to teach children gun safety and marksmanship.

Held the first & third Tuesday evenings of every month from 7PM to 9PM, this is a great way to introduce children ages 10 and up to the shooting sports and gun safety. They will take the NRA (revised) basic rifle course and earn skill level badges.

We are looking for shooters take advantage of this program, so let your friends, relatives, groups, clubs, and even schools know this is available to all interested..

Cost is $20 per year, and we supply most everything they need. What a DEAL!!!"

Welcome from Beaverton! Lots of good info to be had from the awesome people here. As said above, get your carry permit. It's easy and it's a good second piece of ID if you don't have a passport.

Contact @LethalLovebird here on NWFA. He runs a children's gun safety class that has been accepted by some elementary schools. He also teaches concealed carry classes for both Oregon and Utah. Also, he's a great guy.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top