JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Raised (partially) in Great Falls and Opheim (you have to be from Montana to know where Opheim is). Dad and stepmom built a house on Flathead and she is still there. Family and friends in Billings. I think I am part salmon because I am compelled to go back at least 3-4 times a year if only for my mental health. I live in a wall tent for a month each year north of Jordan.

Good to see more people here from The State of Reality. Sure missed the Kalispell show this year, and it looks like Missoula may be a no-go as well.

C'mon in and set a spell.

Hey, I did my dissertation for my Masters in Remote Sensing and Geomorphology on the Ice Age Floods, many of which have their origin in what used to be Glacial Lake Missoula! You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that as far as we can tell, it's all over, at least for the time being. :)

This is a rendition of the ice dam made by Dave Bennett, there is 500 cubic miles of water behind that ice dam, just in case you were interested.

View attachment 714045
Look in Google earth, you can see the path of that when it broke, if you take hwy 2 from Spokane to Wenatchee you can see some of what it did.big boulders in fields, giant waterfalls. Would have been something to see, glad I wasn't around lol.

Look in Google earth, you can see the path of that when it broke, if you take hwy 2 from Spokane to Wenatchee you can see some of what it did.big boulders in fields, giant waterfalls. Would have been something to see, glad I wasn't around lol.
Be sure to check out Dry Falls, Sentinel Gap, and Wallula Gap (all in WA)

Whoopsie! :oops: I confused you with someone else who signs her greetings "...from the Old Broad Contingent."

I apologize humbly and unreservedly to both you and @OldBroad44
No problem, Sobo. I think a couple of things all of us who call ourselves "old broads" have in common is that we are a bit irreverant towards everything and everyone including ourselves. And we aren't inclined to get bent outta shape for trivia. Happily, there are a fair number of old broads on NWFA.

And Thunder--Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

Welcome... This is the place...! I have friends in Stevensville I visit on occaision. They grew up there and their town has become a bedroom community for the Missoula crowd, and they lament the loss of the rural feeling.

No problem, Sobo. I think a couple of things all of us who call ourselves "old broads" have in common is that we are a bit irreverant towards everything and everyone including ourselves. And we aren't inclined to get bent outta shape for trivia. Happily, there are a fair number of old broads on NWFA.
Some of the many things I like about you and Old Lady Cate!

And Thunder--Welcome from the gun-totin old broad contingent.
That's the part I forgot! I love it! :s0140:

Hey, I did my dissertation for my Masters in Remote Sensing and Geomorphology on the Ice Age Floods, many of which have their origin in what used to be Glacial Lake Missoula! You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that as far as we can tell, it's all over, at least for the time being. :)

This is a rendition of the ice dam made by Dave Bennett, there is 500 cubic miles of water behind that ice dam, just in case you were interested.

View attachment 714045

For the time being....? Yeah, uh.... seek higher ground.

Friend and FFL dealer,

Please check your message box here.

My husband has a big bag of free brass for you and he will be down your way on FRIDAY, 11-13-2020.

My telephone company is working on my land line with some changes on Friday too.

Thank you. Talk to you soon!

Cate

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're in Montana but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top