Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Howdy from Mcminnville, OR

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Glock30, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Glock30

Glock30 Mcminnville/Corvallis, OR Member

How's it going guys?

I just moved into Mcminnville 2 months ago, although I'm not new to the Oregon area, I've been coming here every year of my life since all of my family has grown up here.

I moved from Texas, and just recently, California. But don't hold that against me. I swear I was only in California for two years!!

A buddy of mine told me about the site so I figured I would swing by and say what's up!!

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Welcome!

3. DALE

DALE Boring, Oregon Member

Glock 30, You were smart to leave Kalifornia, Welcome to Oregon and aboard this Forum. I left and came to retire & live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest eight years ago, never looked back. :thumbup:

4. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

Welcome Aboard

5. Glock30

Thanks!
    I hear ya there!

It just made sense to come back here, I grew up in Seattle and lived there and in Washington for 14 years, Houston for 7 and California for the past 2. I'll probably wind up back in Texas, but I'll be here for a couple years (=
    Thank you!

6. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Is this who i think it is!!!!:)

7. Glock30

Oh noez!! It just might be.

8. jeddedia

jeddedia Wilsonville, Oregon, United States Member

welcome!
    McMinnville is a great place to be, not too big but the Wine & Food Classic they hold here is fantastic! No public gun range but very close to logging roads up in the Trask and by Flying M ranch, so there's always places to shoot.

9. Glock30

Hmm I'll have to look into that.

I met some guys here in town and they took me out to a private range that's just past Walmart. Nice little place that I'm thinking about joining.

10. jeddedia

jeddedia Wilsonville, Oregon, United States Member

Behind WalMart by the Wilco/Winco? I wasn't aware of a range in town... info?

11. Glock30

Yeah, it's just past there next to the steel mill. The name of the road escapes me but it's a private range, I don't know if I have the information on it saved but I can get it again and forward it to you.

12. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

Welcome to Oregon and NWFA, I moved up from Norcal (707) last year August, no complaints at all.

I am not in Mcminnville but just down the road, if you find the range info please forward to me if you don't mind.

13. Glock30

Will do, I'll get you guys the number to the president of the range, I know I have that saved.

I think membership is in the area of $70 a year but the "shooting" portion of the range is closed to members, however they are still looking for archery members, and you still receive a key to the gate and full use of the ranges facilities. ;)

It's very small but it does the trick for a local range, I enjoyed it when I went and shot there a couple weeks ago.

14. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

Welcome! I live in Beaverton and work in Mac. Hope all is well!