Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Howdy from Duvall

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lightning Jeff, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Lightning Jeff

Lightning Jeff Duvall, WA New Member

Hey, just thought I'd post a little intro, since I'm newly-signed-up here. Found this forum while searching for areas to shoot (sounds like a common theme).

I've been shooting other people's guns nearly all my life, but in the last year really got the bug and started my own collection, both for fun and for defense. (Don't hold it against me, but I'm an attorney, and while my clients are all very reasonable, rational people, I often have to work with my clients' clients - and they aren't, always. In my dozen+ years doing this work, I've had a handful of people that I wouldn't have been surprised to see walking up my driveway - including one such nutcase at present.)

In the last year I've collected the following: a Savage .22 rifle (really my son's); a Glock 20SF (10 mm - woods gun and home defense); a Remington 870 Express (12 gauge); a Glock 27 (40 S&W - concealed carry); and just now a Sig 556 Short SWAT (fun!).

I live in the hills east of Duvall/Carnation (out near Stossel Creek, if anyone's familiar with that area). I'm eagerly awaiting SVRC's re-opening to new members, and in the meantime I'm scrounging for good outdoors places to shoot (found the forum here on that pretty helpful), or else go camp on some family property in Eastern Washington where we can fire away.

Anyway, thanks for the great info here.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome.

3. masmas45

masmas45 Central Washington State Member

Welcome aboard!

4. ak56

ak56 Carnation, Wa Active Member

Welcome from Carnation! Recognize your name from geocaching - wife and I cache as markandsandy (not our real names - long story).

5. Chick Holsters

Chick Holsters WA Member

Welcome sir. :) I'm new too, but people around here are so nice. I think you'll like it. :thumbup:

6. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

welcome to NWFA!

7. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Right on!

8. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome.

9. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum lightning jeff.

We lived off Stossel Creek Rd about a 1/4 mile from Kelly. We kind of miss the place but I've heard it's grown alot in 5 years.

Will

10. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

Hey there and welcome.

11. Harrytop

Harrytop Tangent Active Member

Welcome!!
    I lived in Duvall for about three years (up the street from the feed store).
    Have fun.

12. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome and enjoy!