JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got signed up and looking forward to "what's happening" here on Northwest Firearms. Not quite ready to "BUY" but soon I'll be looking at the Ruger "Judge" and either converting my 45+ year old Mossberg 500 into a home defense weapon. It's a 12ga. 2-3/4" basic gun but instead of spending $200-$500 for a new one, and I think it would fill the bill just fine. Also looking for 2-3 handguns to have on hand, no pun intended, in 9mm, .357 Mag and another .38 Special. 'Nug for now and finding the discussions interesting.

Later,
Ken
TIllamook, OR

Welcome. The Judge is made by Taurus. I wouldn't recommend it. You can spend the same amount of money on something else and have a better home defense weapon IMO.

I am new here too. The Judge looks fun but not particularly practical. I say get one. I am looking for something along those lines as well. I have a small collection of firearms, a little bit of everything.Celebrating our 2nd amendment rights has always been a great joy to me.

Hello Cheesemaker Ken,

As a fellow north coaster I welcome you to my favorite forum.

My Judge is fine for a car gun, it would make any carjacker stop in his tracks. The Judge kicks and the .410 spreads very quick past 10' so it has limited use as a personal defense weapon. Anytime you can engage and attacker from more than 10' you are at an advantage.

You can learn a lot from the various forums and if you dive into the classifieds you can get great deals or spend your grand-children's inheritance.

.... Also looking for 2-3 handguns to have on hand, no pun intended, in 9mm, .357 Mag and another .38 Special. 'Nug for now and finding the discussions interesting.

Welcome, Kaptnken, from another newbie to the site. I'm not only new to the site, but new to guns. My first purchase was a Taurus Tracker 627 which is a .357 magnum. My first day to shoot that gun was my first day to shoot ANY gun. I got every shot on the target, most within a few inches of the bulls eye. Given my inexperience I'd say that's a recommendation for the quality of the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top