JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are hard to come by and Brownells is the ONLY source for Howa barreled actions.
This is a true, slick, flagship mini action, not a budget action. (akin to Mini Mauser action)
The preferred 22" is In Stock as I type.
(they have been OOS)
Add something to get to $500 and then use the coupon code MARCH125 for $125 off of $500.
That code is said to be working.

Go !

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Just placed an order for the 22" and it went through. On other topic; Does anyone here have any knowledge on where a stock can be purchased compatible with this chassis?

Just placed an order for the 22" and it went through. On other topic; Does anyone here have any knowledge on where a stock can be purchased compatible with this chassis?
1) Did you get the $125 off of $500 deal ?

2) There are 3 places for stocks at the moment.
Bell & Carlson
Stocky's
oregunsmithing/Pendleton Stocks

I think Boyd's may have a solution if you want wood.

You have to dig around a bit to find the stocks on those sites and it's hard to determine color from the color chips.
I'll post some pics that better show color and links when I get a chance.
I can say that the Bell & Carlson is a perfect fit.
I went with the Dark Gray/Black Web color.
The only thing I didn't like was that they use a gloss black for the web color over the flat dark gray base color.
The trigger guard assembly is plastic/polymer and some are replacing that with metal solutions and there's one that converts to CZ magazines.

When searching around for stocks, it's not a Howa or a Howa 1500.
It's a Howa 1500 Mini action with sporter barrel.
This action size hasn't been around that long and the usual suspects don't have stock solutions for it yet.

Last Edited:
First off, thank you for the heads up on this deal. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. And yes, I did get $125 off but because the order must be $500 or better, with FFL items only, I added a stripped AR lower and that put me over $500 to qualify for the promo code.
Thanks to everyone for the tips and sources on where to locate a stock and details of how to make sure that I buy the correct stock.

JTAC makes a nice little folding stock , er, chassis. I have one. Seems really well made. MDT also makes a chassis that fits the mini 1500.

Stock followup :

Stockys carbon fiber
The factory carbon Howas use Stockys stocks
wfYVix.jpg

Oregunsmith/Pendleton "Oregon Brown" color option
(this guy is more of a "phone guy")
ESwWBD.jpg
07Hsxn.jpg

Bell & Carlson
The dark gray w/black web looks good with the black barreled action

I did not research the chassis or wood options.
Photo credits to Big Stick @24hourcampfire

Last Edited:
By the way, that's a dandy blacktail! I'd be doing side work for my next taxidermy bill. Did you get him with a 6mm ARC? That casing sure looks like a bench rest little guy. And is that a 20" barrel?

Wow! That's a beautiful stock where the rifle is next to the buck and where the rifle is pictured by itself. That's some great info
Yep, I like it too. That's a Pendleton stock in their "Oregon Brown" color.
Excellent color for the black barrel action.
Wayne York retired OSP runs that shop. (oregunsmithing.com)

Last Edited:
By the way, that's a dandy blacktail! I'd be doing side work for my next taxidermy bill. Did you get him with a 6mm ARC? That casing sure looks like a bench rest little guy. And is that a 20" barrel?
No.
As stated, those photos are by Big Stick at the 24hourcampfire forum.
He typically cuts his sporter weight barrels to 19".....does not like the 20" HB.
That could be a Grendel, not sure.
That's a Sitka Blacktail taken on POW island IIRC.
Google "Howa mini 24hourcampfire" and you will get hits to most of their threads concerning Howa Mini

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top