JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clint Eastwoods movie Unforgiven was the most realistic that I have seen.
Some firearms were altered to fit the movies time frame, but on the whole I think they did a good job.

Lethal Weapon 2 (or was it 3) with the "Cop Killer Bullets". That Gibson uses to shoot through the front blade on a Bulldozer, using a pistol.

Speaking of Lethal Weapon. His suicide bullet in the first movie is clearly an FMJ but he refers to it as a hollow point later in the movie.
Or in the last movie that somehow a welding helmet is bulletproof. Maybe Riggs and Murtaugh should have held on to some of those cop killer bullets that punch through bulldozer blades from the previous movie.

Speaking of Lethal Weapon.
Which one was it with the guy with the flamethrower and Gibson refers to him a 'A poster boy for the NRA' or something to that effect.

Also I seem to remember (maybe the same movie) that had an anti-NRA poster in it ? Or was it a pic of an AR with a red circle and slash through it?

Which one was it with the guy with the flamethrower and Gibson refers to him a 'A poster boy for the NRA' or something to that effect.

Also I seem to remember (maybe the same movie) that had an anti-NRA poster in it ? Or was it a pic of an AR with a red circle and slash through it?

Lethal Weapon 4 was the flamethrower guy at the beginning, with the bulletproof welding helmet. I'd have to watch again for the anti-NRA stuff.

I have learned to live with the usual endless magazines, revolvers that shoot way more than six shots, explosions spiked with gasoline to create huge fireballs, but tonight was special. I've been binge watching "Night Shift" on netflix, partway through season 3 there is a swat team shoot out with bad guys! The bad guys are shooting out of the windows of an OFFICE TRAILER, AND THEN DUCKING DOWN FOR "COVER"! Apparently office trailers in texas are bullet proof and incapable of being hit by a swat team thirty feet away (no holes). I'm getting plate carriers loaded with quarter inch paneling and flattened beer cans and selling them in the ' hood.

What else would you expect from a bunch of emotionally unstable high-school drama graduates that have never done ANYTHING other than play pretend and sing to themselves in front of a mirror.... and call it, "art"?

:rolleyes::s0140:

I didn't read all the way through this thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned yet, then IMHO, one of the worst firearms blunders was the 1980 season finale of Dallas...

The person who shoots JR is only shown from the wrist down, holding a revolver, with a suppressor on it. I spewed my beer all over the living room floor...

I didn't read all the way through this thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned yet, then IMHO, one of the worst firearms blunders was the 1980 season finale of Dallas...

The person who shoots JR is only shown from the wrist down, holding a revolver, with a suppressor on it. I spewed my beer all over the living room floor...
Crack me up, man! And I NEVER watched Dallas. Fricken night time "Soap Operas" :s0129:

Crack me up, man! And I NEVER watched Dallas. Fricken night time "Soap Operas" :s0129:
I had just moved to Houston at the time, so watching Dallas was a de facto requirement for Texas residency... :rolleyes:

1) It makes me mad when I see teeth so white it hurts my eyes!
I love the brilliant clean white clothes on the poverty stricken Mexican urchins in For a Few Dollars More (?).

2) I love it in G,B, &tU when Tuco shouts for "Cartridges!" and everybody is packing front stuffers.

Oh my goodness! I would look up the scene on a dvd but I donated those movies to my library so they are no longer in my home now.

I remember that anti NRA poster scene and some other posters like that in a few movies and boob tube shows too! I remember pointing it out when I saw it too!

I am pretty sure that it was in a 'police' type of movie where I saw it (The NRA poster.) but I am NOT positive that it was in one of those Mel Gibson police movies. Were there 4 or 5 of them made?

Take care.

Cate
PS: I quit watching some boob tube shows when SOME of the police shows got all CRAZY when it came to MORE anti gun stuff. You know where they make it sound as if only a peace officer or the military should own guns.

I only saw that show one time in the beginning of that series.

Who shot JR and did he DIE?

I think that the actor who played JR may have been the son (?) of the stage and film star lady who played in the STAGE version of SOUTH PACIFIC. Mary Martin? That lady was very talented on STAGE and she made some films too. She may (?) have been in the original Peter Pan show when I was a KID too.

Take care!

Cate

Man alive!

You guys remember more of the Lethal Weapon movies than I do.

I think that we only have one MEL movie left here at home now. THE PATRIOT.

Old Lady Cate

While we are talking about movies, anybody here remember the one about a bunch of jerks mosying around in the swamps [Everglades] getting taken out one by one by the locals? I watched a part of it years ago on a Turkish Airlines flight - it had Arabic sub-titles, BTW, seemed to me to be quite a good one.

While we are talking about movies, anybody here remember the one about a bunch of jerks mosying around in the swamps [Everglades] getting taken out one by one by the locals? I watched a part of it years ago on a Turkish Airlines flight - it had Arabic sub-titles, BTW, seemed to me to be quite a good one.

I do not know that movie but I do LIKE to see movies that have swamps in them too!

Cate

The movie "Southern Comfort" come to mind here.
Andy

@tac
Southern Comfort ( the movie , not the whiskey :D ) is about a National Guard unit that runs afoul with some Cajuns during a field exercise.
Its been a long while since I have seen it....but I remember it being a good movie to watch.
The soundtrack by Ry Cooder is excellent , if you like the steel guitar.
Andy

BTW, off-topic, but I've just received my Firearms Certificate AND Explosives license back from the combined police authority in this part of England responsible their provision. Included on the list of 'You are authorised to acquire and possess' are TWO .577 rifles/muskets and ONE .451 rifle.

That means that I can now legally shoot my two Sniders, and get my P-H Whitworth rifle back!!!!!!

Watch this space! Well, the BP forum space - YOU know what I mean. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top