JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It makes me mad when I see teeth so white it hurts my eyes!
Or a smokin' hot woman in a western? Such as Patricia Blair in 'The Rifleman' as Lou Mallory?

330px-Patricia_Blair_1970.jpg

Last Edited:
Sure I notice the obvious and not-so-obvious, but what gets my goat is Model 1892 Winchesters in Civil War movies.
Drives me crazy! Man what Custer wouldn't have given for 200 AR 15's!

Well...as good as Open Range was, our hero (Kevin Costner) gets 8 shots out of his six-shooter in the final shoot-out scene. I don't mind a bit.

Here's one that always cracks me up and I know you've all seen it, because it occurs quite often.
The over/under or SxS with a pump action.

I'll give the Simpson's a pass though :D
1603937550769.png

Dude when I was a kid THE A team was it.
Five guys with mini14 blasting away there mags never ran out of ammo.
BUT NOBODY EVER GOT SHOT!
Or was it four guys Lol

I have learned to live with the usual endless magazines, revolvers that shoot way more than six shots, explosions spiked with gasoline to create huge fireballs, but tonight was special. I've been binge watching "Night Shift" on netflix, partway through season 3 there is a swat team shoot out with bad guys! The bad guys are shooting out of the windows of an OFFICE TRAILER, AND THEN DUCKING DOWN FOR "COVER"! Apparently office trailers in texas are bullet proof and incapable of being hit by a swat team thirty feet away (no holes). I'm getting plate carriers loaded with quarter inch paneling and flattened beer cans and selling them in the ' hood.

I liked the old TV show The A-Team. They could fire a thousand rounds and never hit a person, but they could fire one round and hit a tire on a car doing 100mph. My dad called it violent non-violent show. If that was the way our soldiers shot in Vietnam it is no wonder we lost that war.

It makes me mad when I see teeth so white it hurts my eyes!

Yeah, huh? Dirty, old, grungy bad guy in an old western and his teeth are beautiful! He could have a cut up face and a shot out eye, but he's been brushing and flossing daily out there, on the range/in the mountains. :s0140:

I lean a slightly different direction than most of the responses here. I forgive most of the silly stuff because movies are mostly fiction, and fiction, be it movies, plays, books, or any other media, has always glossed over the details in favor of telling a story, building suspense, or creating characters.That M60 belt keeps magically refilling during scene cuts? Sure. That explosion was a giant fireball with a surprising lack of shrapnel? Fine. Whatever. Tell your story.

And it's the same story with everything. I'm a computer guy and they get computers just as wrong as firearms. I bet car guys have endless examples of car details being incorrect, therapists rarely see realistic depictions of therapy sessions, and gardeners wonder why that character is planting that flower at the wrong time of year.

The only ones that really bother me are those that take themselves very seriously and advertise as being realistic. The Expendables can do whatever they want. Turn off your brain and enjoy the stupid. But I will never give The Hurt Locker two hours of my life because it was highly praised for accurate depictions of characters and experiences from a war that I participated in, yet every little clip I've seen is straight garbage.

The Masters golf tournament was called out by bird watchers because they were playing a certain song birds mating call as a background sound when players were making putts and people called the broadcasting station to tell them that specific bird had flown south months before.

Last Edited:
I have learned to live with the usual endless magazines, revolvers that shoot way more than six shots, explosions spiked with gasoline to create huge fireballs, but tonight was special. I've been binge watching "Night Shift" on netflix, partway through season 3 there is a swat team shoot out with bad guys! The bad guys are shooting out of the windows of an OFFICE TRAILER, AND THEN DUCKING DOWN FOR "COVER"! Apparently office trailers in texas are bullet proof and incapable of being hit by a swat team thirty feet away (no holes). I'm getting plate carriers loaded with quarter inch paneling and flattened beer cans and selling them in the ' hood.

You could submit questionable scenes to the producer of Hollywood Weapons Fact or Fiction. Some actions in movies seem highly improbable but prove to be possible on the show; others, like what you describe, are found to be myths.

Dude, I was 22 & knew nothing about guns when I watched Last Man Standing & I was born into a love for a Hollywood. My dad actually named me after (what in my opinion was) one of John Wayne's worst movies ever .. At any rate, I laughed so hard at Bruce Willis's character. As long as he was drunk, he could hit everybody in the room w/two, usually commander size, 1911's, with 7 rnd nags tgat never ran out. Buuuut, that's Hollywood. What I noticed in my constant obsession w/Hollywood is, outside of certain actual war movies, IE: Platoon, Deer Hunter, Full Metal jacket & Saving P-Ryan etc, "realism" clearly didn't become a priority Until certain movies like Tears of the Sun. It's all about whether or not "authenticity" is a priority to the director. & it rarely has been, in the past because 95% of audiences don't give two s__t's about weapons & handling etc. For example, try n spark up a conversation regarding 'technical gun talk' with ANYBODY other than a fellow gun nut & watch their demeanor & see how long it lasts. Imagine having a conversation w/a doctor about how inaccurate medical shows are, then start talking medical industry standards..Director's motives most commonly revolve around the storyline & obsessing over the subtle nuances, especially in large cast settings such as The Revnant, tends to run up costs & piss everybody off especially execs. It's easy to judge the minutiae of all the un-crossed T'a & in-dotted lower case j's. But it's not a very "realistic" way to judge a movie with an endless number of never ending details that would not only likely drag a movie on for years. But wind up being in vein for 95% of audience members, but ultimately wind up putting details like the storyline & quality of acting 2nd to less interesting details, thus losing the audience, if not bankrupting before completion. It's happened countless times with overly obsessive directors. If the movie even makes it to completion, it flops at the box office because people want a well executed story. They don't give a crap about subtleties & nuances if the story & acting draw you in..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads