JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many years ago....I just can't do the G,B and Ugly anymore. Too long, or something. Some of those old spaghetti Westerns are tough to watch now, with the lip movement not matching the audio, and such. Too slow and dry.
I kind of prefer those older, goofy, low budget productions. They seem more genuine compared to everything these days being made on computers with CGI where everything is digitally perfect. Leaves nothing to the imagination, much like kids toys these days.
When I was young and my older brother would get a present, he would always give me the cardboard box. I do believe that I had more fun with that cardboard box than he had with what originally came in it.

All sorts of media get firearms wrong. Movies, TV Shows, Video Games ect...
It annoyed me the other day I played Red Dead Redemption and the Volcanic Pistol does more damage than a Colt Single Action army.
Which I found completely absurd as the Volcanic Rocket Ball ammo was known as being notoriously weak.
A lot of those media are still entertaining but it is silly to see sometimes, like someone shooting 15 shots out of a six shot revolver without reloading.

I liked the Magnum PI last season when a bad guy came up behind and surprised TC with a "cocking gun sound" with his Glock. Nothing like adding a little realism to the script. LOL.

Haven't you ever heard Cock the Hammer by Cyprus Hill?

"Cock the hammer, wave the white banner,
You ever hear a Glock go click like a camera?"

Anyone remember that scene from Loaded Weapon 1 where Colt & Luger are sneaking around and racking the slides on their pistols over and over? I know it's satire, but it pretty much sums up Hollywood. I also especially like the scenes in TV and movies where the actor runs out of ammo in the semi-auto, and the darn gun just keeps clicking over and over with each trigger pull. :rolleyes:
The wife's Astra A-90 will do that but then its a DA semi auto

I have not read the whole thread so apologies if redundant but...

I've noticed a lot of shows/movies with prop M4s having no rear sight. Not sure if it is funny or annoying.

First episode of walking dead, when Rick & his partner are awaiting the bad guy at the road block, Rick tells the trainee to "take the safey off" his Glock, and it makes a "click click" sound. And of course Rick had to take the safey off his Colt Python - those were annoying.

They did finally get around to flashlight silencers a few seasons in, about the time I got fed up with the show and stopped watching. I hated 80% of the characters, including Rick at that point, and rooted for the walkers at every chance. I think that was the time Norman Reedus came out as a big anti gun turd, despite making a fortune off being a gun slinger in the movies and on TV. At least his Boondock brother, Sean Patrick Flannery, is a gun loving conservative. Dude also is a legit Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt and has his own school here in the Houston area. He doesn't get many TV / Movie roles anymore.

Many years ago....I just can't do the G,B and Ugly anymore. Too long, or something. Some of those old spaghetti Westerns are tough to watch now, with the lip movement not matching the audio, and such. Too slow and dry.

Hi Mike,

Our CLINT EASTWOOD spaghetti westerns got donated to our local library some time ago so the NEXT generation or people who never saw them get a chance to see them. We donated some other CLINT mystery, etc. movies too.

I kept my original DIRTY HARRY dvd movie.

I kept my complete RAWHIDE tv series too.

We have 2 dvd copies of THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES.

I think (?) that we donated GRAN TORINO to the library but I am not positive now without looking at our much smaller collection.

The free GRIT tv station still plays a lot of Clint, John Wayne, and other famous and not so famous old western movies and tv shows. So do some other free stations that can be picked up with a tiny indoor antenna where we live now.

We still do not have cable or dish boob tube reception, on purpose, but we do have cable for an internet connection. There are some ONLINE websites that still offer free old westerns and other old mystery shows/movies.

Take care.

Cate
PS: Our 2 SONY brand machines play dvd and blue ray movies.

The stores are selling LESS movies and shows from we have seen out here. Soon these machines and available MEDIA will be obsolete - oh well - such is life!

The stores have scaled way, way down and the managers and clerks have told us this too.

The corporate heads think that everyone 'streams', have fancy/dancy telephones, and/or have cable or a dish for reception.

We hardly ever buy jack squat when it comes to films or shows now too.

Last Edited:
Glocks that make a hammer cocking sound in Grosse Pointe Blank was wince-inducing.
Almost any movie with John Cusack makes me cringe.

Not exactly shootin' iron related, but can anybody explain to me why actors using a flashlight hold it backward, overhand and generally looking like a chimp picking up chopsticks?
The same reason in frog movies, the actors hold their cigarettes with their thumb and index finger, as if to cup their chin when smoking?

I kind of prefer those older, goofy, low budget productions. They seem more genuine compared to everything these days being made on computers with CGI where everything is digitally perfect. Leaves nothing to the imagination, much like kids toys these days.
When I was young and my older brother would get a present, he would always give me the cardboard box. I do believe that I had more fun with that cardboard box than he had with what originally came in it.

Way down in the listings of our free movies are a whole bunch of those old Westerns. It seems after WWII, with all our people back, going to the theater was big. Those old Westerns with the in studio back grounds. Or even actual outdoor back grounds shown on a screen behind the actors is too much for me.

Last Edited:
My mild OCD causes me to hate this more than anything!:mad:

OIP.jpg

Help me here...Is it the fingers?

Yes. Seagal is a limp-wristed ********.

A proper salute(as a sign of respect) -- The elbow is raised to the level of the shoulders so that the upper arm is parallel to the ground. The hand, fingers and thumb, fully extended aligned together; forming a straight line from the elbow to the tips of the fingers.

My biggest pet peeve is with western movies where somebody builds their homestead in the middle of the desert where there is no water, no sizable timber to build their huge log cabin and certainly no grass to feed livestock.
The Searchers with John Wayne in Monument Valley comes to mind.
I can forgive the lack of firearm credibility, but not a location that nobody can subsist for long in.

Help me here...Is it the fingers?
Yes. Seagal is a limp-wristed ********.

A proper salute(as a sign of respect) -- The elbow is raised to the level of the shoulders so that the upper arm is parallel to the ground. The hand, fingers and thumb, fully extended aligned together; forming a straight line from the elbow to the tips of the fingers.
What RedRover said!:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads