Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How would you rate the condition of these rifles?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by shooter, Jan 2, 2012.

1. shooter

shooter Ridgefield Member

Thanks to all who chimed in.

2. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

"NRA fine", "excellent" would describe them. If you are considering selling one of those rifles I think Gunbroker is the largest audience. Good pic's showing all areas of the gun well do more than any words. Watch the selling prices for awhile if you want a idea of value.

3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Additionally, you might wish to use Flayderman's Guide To Antique American Firearms...and their values as another source of information.

4. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

:love:

Two Winnies I've lusted after, this and an 1895 musket in 7.62x54r.

5. aknomad

aknomad Beaverton Member

Besides a few dents in the stock, these look about 95-98%.

6. shooter

Thanks for the input guys. As I'm sure you are aware, a small difference in condition rating can mean a large difference in value.

7. Axe

Axe Eugene Area, OR Member

If you are considering on selling/trading your rifles and supplies make sure to post them here so interested parties (yes, me too!!!!) can drool over them, i mean buy them. ;)

8. shooter

Will do. Although most of the members here don't seem to be interested in, or have as much appreciation for the "good-'ole guns".
    Maybe I could list them as a 'tactical frontier' or 'stage coach defense' edition.:laugh:

9. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Well there's "Fudd" and there's "classic antiques".

Mid '70s vintage '94 Winchester= BORING. Early 1895 saddle ring carbine= HAWT ( did I just type that? )

I love the early Winchesters, in fact I was sorely disappointed in the collection at The Winchester Mystery House when I went there....surprisingly small. ( of course, the house is the attraction...)