JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I decided I want to get rid of my win190, 10/22 and my frontier/chiappa 22ar. ( all currently for sale on armslist)

I want one solid 22lr rifle that im happy with and will stay with me for as long as I shoot guns

What would you do...

Im already set (tenatively) on the tactical solutions 22lr upper...I held it in my hands and its nice.

What do I do about my lower

I want it billet (no plastic poly whatever).and I want it already assembled ....preferably ...the whole lower assembly. ..adjustable stock and forward grip is necessary...a simple rail up top so I can drop lots o coin on a scope later.

Im super busy, I build rockcrawlers and do metal fab for people in the evenings and work all day...not to mention an obsession with good beer and golf, so an almost fully assembled gun appeals to me.

What would you do folks!!! I have a $1000 to through at this not counting the scope

Cheers for the advice

I have a $1000 to through at this not counting the scope
Through or throw at it?
Stop the beer while righting(lol) and youll use the write words in your posts.
Stop chasing little white balls that should be shot at instead of ruining a good walk in the park
Then you will have time to search the webernetter to find http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php to get some real answers

BTW I think 1k will be a good start

Nice site ill look into that...I basically did a Google search with all different word orders involving: 22lr, lower, complete, ar, etc...im a newb to ar stuff and what companies there are or what works...

So is it any ar15 lower will work with a dedicated 22lr upper just the hammer needs to be narrower or what...idk??? I also dont need a buffer...wtf!

Get the TacSol bull barrel upper and mate it to anything and you will love it. Swing buy Curt's, he has a cpl billet lowers in stock now, buy a parts kit and he'll build it for you. I have the TacSol upper on a full spikes lower- couldn't be happier. Sold my 15-22 and my 10/22 to fund it and am glad I did.

Thanx for the referral..I looked into him and seems like the place to go...once I buy an upper ill head his way pending what this thread brings...how much does he charge for assembly and how long does it take...Milwaukee is a hour drive for me without traffic so if he can do it in an hour or two that would be great.

Normally $25, I bet if you call ahead he can take care of you while you wait. Especially if he has the LPK you want to use for your build. Any parts you buy from him normally makes it cheaper. I want to say if you buy the lower and the lpk from he may put it together for next to nothing. Give him a call, everyone down there is great.

Heck I may go pick up my upper today if I finish work early then call him up...is there a good lower setup to compliment the tacsol upper. Or is it just any nice lower will be complementary

putting together a lower should only take about an hour maybe two if you take your time on the first one, I would just get what you want and assemble it. Being an automotive guy you should have the tools you need any ways.

Go check out ar15.com there is detailed instructions on the bottom of the home page. Its the 3 gray boxes the one in the middle has the instruction on how to assemble a lower and a list of all the parts your going to need.

As far as brands go there is to many to choose, Seekins, Aero precision, Olympic Arms. Spikes. Surplus Arms and Ammo to name a few.

picked up my tactical solutions 22lr upper today from sportsmans in tanasborne...it is much lighter than the plastic chiappa i have...its a nice piece and am looking forward to getting a nice lower to accompany it

20140316_142710_zpscc9fe4bf.jpg

so i picked up a complete lower yesterday from willamette arms in hillsboro. its a local company that made them out of billet, not forged which is what i wanted. its got the ambi safety and mag release. it has had a nice trigger job done. i ditched the m4 furniture and got the comfy grip and nice butt stock

and i just squeezed under a $1000 for all this...its super light BTW.

Now what scope do i want for hitting crap at 100yrds

20140318_111740_zps8c132778.jpg 20140318_111940_zps11dfe66c.jpg 20140318_111953_zps912760fe.jpg

parts list in the lower
BE stripped lower
UTG 4/15 stock adapter
magpul moe stock
magpul moe grip
Troy ambi saftey
Kac ambi mag release
CMMG lower parts kit
and a nice trigger polish

here are pics of the lower labels

20140318_181848_zps2dca5c05.jpg 20140318_181903_zpsae8b73c8.jpg

I like it. I've never done a 22 AR. Always stuck with 10/22s.

3 questions.

What did you pay for the lower?

Being billet, do they make one with a built in trigger guard?

What mags does the Tacsol upper use?

I like it. I've never done a 22 AR. Always stuck with 10/22s.

3 questions.

What did you pay for the lower?

Being billet, do they make one with a built in trigger guard?

What mags does the Tacsol upper use?

the lower came assembled with all its extras(ambi stuff and trigger jobber) for $320 then i added the OD green furniture which was $80.

idk if them come with trigger guards built in or not

and the mags i think are called black dog or wolf mags or something like that...the magazine came with the upper

Through or throw at it?
Stop the beer while righting(lol) and youll use the write words in your posts.
Stop chasing little white balls that should be shot at instead of ruining a good walk in the park
Then you will have time to search the webernetter to find http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php to get some real answers

BTW I think 1k will be a good start

Give up, while you're ahead.

Good choice on the scope, they also make the AR series 1-4x20 that work nicely on black rifles.

thanx I was recommended this scope from another guy and he actually bought a second one since he liked it so much...I Like that its a versatile scope that will work well on many guns in the future

Good choice on the scope, they also make the AR series 1-4x20 that work nicely on black rifles.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top