Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How would you answer a telephone survey that asked if you own a gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Flopsweat, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

We've been discussing this topic and I really want to know how NWFA members would respond to a survey. Feel free to add comments explaining your vote or sharing a clever comment. :cool:

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I would answer no. I am not giving a stranger any information.

Bumpy likes this.
  3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

WHY ?

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  4. BoonDocks36

BoonDocks36 Oregon, in the boondocks Christian. Conservative. Male.

Me? I would gibberish out a mixture of VietNamese, German & the Eight words of Mexican I know, continuing with "Cum Bic VietMi"?

Regardless that recently in a thread, that I was told it was not properly grammatical ( :cool: ) but I forgive the (lack of) density of an airhead !!!!

When they Continued to continue... I would say that Eight of the voices in my head tell me I should continue making my ThermoNuclear Projectiles...

Cum Bic VietMi????

philipINtheBoonDocks ... I only answer to One Voice: the Holy Spirit, but I have alot of fun saying I hear Eight Voices, it annoys those who Annoy me. :rolleyes: !!!!

Caveman Jim and coyotecaller like this.
  5. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Survey, someone cold calling or any other solicitor gets a "no thank you" and disconnect within 5 seconds. Because a lot if this crap is pre-recorded messages, despite being illegal in OR (or used to be), I also hang up, especially if I answer with "This is...." and am greeted with silence of more than 5 seconds. I never say Hello twice.

3MTA3, Caveman Jim, Capn Jack and 2 others like this.
  6. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

I just leave the phone on and set it down net to the television.

7. ak56

ak56 Carnation, Wa Active Member

I don't do telephone surveys.

Caveman Jim, Capn Jack and tac like this.
  8. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

If I don't know the caller I don't answer the phone. It's what caller ID is for.:D

9. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

If I answer the phone and it is some kind of survey or sales call I typically just hang up.

10. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

I would have to explain that between the flood, the hurricane, the earthquake, the tsunami, the sink hole, the volcano, the forest fire, and the wind gusts, I have lost the gun and all the BB's.:cool:

AMT likes this.
  11. AMT

AMT Vancouver, WA. Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I don't answer the phone if caller ID shows a number that I don't recognize.

If I get tricked, or am feeling a little spry, I will answer. If that was one of the questions, I would answer honestly. No, I don't not own a gun. (I would assume that 'a' means singular and not go any further than that.)

:s0114:

NoFlinch likes this.
  12. Just Jim

If I got tricked into answering I would tell them to define "gun". This my rifle this is my gun, one is for shooting and one is for fun.:D

g3169, oknow, Flopsweat and 2 others like this.
  13. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

For clarification, define "is"............o_O:confused::cool:

3MTA3 and Just Jim like this.
  14. Just Jim

Cant, if I put isis together then I am a terrorist.:D Old Bill knew this was coming way back when.:eek::confused::D

3MTA3 and NoFlinch like this.
  15. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

First indication of sales or survey calls get a polite no thanks and hang up. Done. Don't even hang on the phone long enough to find out what it's for

16. Yjacket

Yjacket NE California New Member

As a matter of fact I do own some firearms. However if I were to get a phone call asking me if I owned a firearm I would answer 'No' for the simple reason I have no knowledge of who is really asking the question.

On the other hand I have been asked that question by a young lady at a doctors office and replied that yes. I own a grease gun, a calking gun, a paint spray gun, a soldering gun, and a hot air gun for activating heat shrink sheet and tube. The look on the young ladies face was priceless and the discussion ended right there.

17. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I would answer no because I don't ;)

18. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

"so sollee no speekee engrish" or " Charlie Wongs Chinese noodle factory and whorehouse, Chuck speaking" or "Praise the lord! Have you heard the good word today?"

I have also found that none of these turds speak French, gives me a chance to practice my limited skills, thank you Father Horvath Gerlac.

I really love caller I.D., gives me a chance to brighten up my day. Rather than get mad and shout and hang up, I can have some fun with these @sshats.

19. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Tired of acting like I need to hide about it. "damn straight" is my answer from now on

NoFlinch likes this.
  20. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

I no longer take surveys. Waste of my time and it always results in more unwanted calls.

Bookmark Man and Capn Jack like this.