JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a little game we played on another forum once upon a time and it was actully pretty interesting. I thought of it again tonight after seeing the thread about the guy caught with the weapons in his car.

If you were pulled over one night and your car was searched and then your home how would you be portrayed by the media?

This is just for fun and it really illustrates how a completely benign gun collection can be portrayed as something sinister in the media. The vast majority of us on here are peaceful, law abiding people and our guns are a hobby and a sport as well as a means of self defense. Most of us would never even consider using them in an offensive or illegal manner but as soon as we get in trouble they become "arsenals" and "stockpiles."

Like I said, this is just for fun so be creative. It will be interesting to see how creative you guys can be and what people can find to say about themselves.

I think mine would read something like...

"The suspect was stopped for a routine traffic violation but officers became suspicious when they learned he was carrying a concealed firearm. After detaining him and searching his vehicle officers found multiple high caliber semi-auto handguns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Also found were knives, a hatchet, and various survivalist gear.

Upon obtaining a search warrant investigators found a vast arsenal of weapons stored in his home. The arsenal contained over fifty firearms..consisting of handguns, shotguns and assault rifles. These weapons were found in his car, truck, and stashed though out his home. Also a large concentration of weapons was found hidden in safes inside a small room off of his garage.

Among the weapons found were several high capacity semi-automatic handguns; multiple high capacity assault rifles; short barreled shotguns; several small, easily concealed handguns; multiple extremely deadly, high caliber revolvers; and multiple high caliber rifles capable of penetrating light armor.

Also found were multiple loaded magazines for the assault rifles and semi-auto andguns, large stores of handgun and rifle ammunition and multiple knives and other weapons such as tasers and pepper spray.

The suspect was also know to frequent local shooting ranges, gun shops, and participate in multiple internet forums for gun fanatics."

Geez, when you say it like that even I think they should lock me up. :D

"The suspect was pulled over for driving over the speed limit. Officers became suspicious when the smell of cordite was detected upon the suspect's clothing. The suspect claimed he was on his way back from shooting in the woods. The suspect was carrying a concealed and loaded Glock handgun (known to evade metal detectors and be capable of shooting underwater) and even had 15 rounds of deadly hollow point ammunition loaded in the magazine and one in the chamber.

Upon further inspection of the suspect's vehicle, police discovered 2 deadly assault rifles, sniper rifles, attack shotguns and thousands of round of ammunition.

When asked why there were so many weapons in the vehicle, the suspect answered 'because I only had time to shoot a few of them, and had to leave the rest at home'.

Upon further investigation, it appears the suspect is not even an American citizen and has amassed a small arsenal of deadly weapons."

Cordite? Man, you shoot the classics :p

I think my video games would be renamed "Murder simulators", at least I don't have swords or a bow and arrow or my fantasy games might fall under the same moniker, luckily my housekeeping skills are so bad I doubt they'd even find the stuff thats here :p

Just teasin' a little :)
But with the way the media acts, you could grind your own black powder and fire it out of a rusted out musket and you're packing an AK-47, clean new musket....M16

I guess it's not technically correct - I'm british and a lot of brits refer to regular gunpowder as cordite - force of habit.

Guilty of that one too....I do recall opening up some cartridges as a kid and finding long strands of what I assume to be cordite....don't remember the calibers though...it was a long time ago...and I might be mixing things up.

I'll play...the suspect was acting suspiciously in a car park with the engine running and talking on a cell phone, yet none of the local stores were open (waiting to get into B-Mart to get more ammo). The arresting officer, upon searching the vehicle found a handgun, semi automatic and bolt action rifles 'stashed' in the trunk, as well as many hundred of rounds of ammunition for each.

Searching the suspects house, they found an ammunition factory in the garage and several additional weapons in a gun safe. Scattered around the house were books on loading, ballistics calculations and weaponry in general.

Consider the suspect is a British Citizen, MI6 has been contacted to find out more about this person. (I used to have a security badge when I worked in the defense industry with the serial number 007.....seriously....it was written like that too!)

Great thread, but I have to make one suggestion.
Also found were knives, a hatchet, and various survivalist gear militia supplies.

Ok, my turn (this is fun):
A local Beaverton area man was stopped last night for a routine traffic violation. He was taken into custody when he was found ncarrying a Glock automatic handgun loaded with an especially deadly ammunition known on the streets as "hollow points". Glocks are fully plastic and widely known for being able to slip past airport security.

A search of his car revealed he was carrying thousands of rounds of ammunition. When asked why he needed all 2200 rounds, he replied, "Because Bimart won't sell me more...". These bullets were treated with a special coating, likely in an attempt to defeat the officers bullet proof vest.

A search warrant was obtained for his residence where officers found a stockpile of assault rifles, handguns, sniper rifles, military gear, and ammunition. Many of the machine guns discovered in this raid were not even registered to the resident. Oregonian investigators have determined these had been purchased as part of street deals where people meet and exchange cash or drugs for guns. It is unknown if anyone was murdered during these dangerous and illegal sales. Investigators are looking into his background for ties to extremist organizations.

Can you separate the truth from the misleading statements, from the ignorant statements, from the outright lies? Have fun! :D

Is a hunting rifle a sniper rifle? They both have scopes. Sure!
Is a black 10/22 an assault rifle? They're both black, right? Sure!
Is 4 boxes of 22 rounds too much? If there are more than 2000 rounds, we get to say "thousands".

Also found were knives, a hatchet, and various survivalist gear.
What? No camo? That's the other sure sign of someone up to no good.

Is a hunting rifle a sniper rifle? They both have scopes. Sure!
Were you hunting snipe?

(In all the years of summer camps as a kid, I never made the connection between 'snipe hunts' and 'snipers'. Wasn't until some History channel or other show a while back. Funny that.

MrB

From Our Favorite Local Media this is how it would portray me:

"Portland Police Cite Man for Numerous Violations.

Early Wednesday morning Police pulled a man over in front of the Portlandia Building in downtown Portland.

Suspect was driving an unsustainable, gas-guzzling, non-green, earth -unfriendly Aston Martin DBS V12.

Police described suspect as being a Caucasian male, 6ft tall, 167 lb, slim build, with a three-inch, vertical scar on his right cheek, a faint scar on the back of his left hand(later determined to be the Russian Cyrillic letter for SH(for Shpion:"Spy"), blue-grey eyes, dark hair-part of which falls down over his right eyebrow(a police spokeswoman gushingly described suspect as having a "cruel mouth" and looking "a lot like a cross between a young Sean Connery and Daniel Craig".).

Police found in the pockets of suspect's tuxedo a passport, credit cards, a money clip, a monogrammed gunmetal cigarette case containing carcinogenic "Morland Specials"(a blend of Balkan and Turkish tobacco from Morlands of Grosvenor Street, London), a gold cigarette lighter , and a Walther PPK pistol.

Suspect has been cited for talking on a cell phone while driving, smoking tobacco near a public building, driving inside a bike lane, and failing to yield right of way to a cyclist. He was also charged with carrying a concealed handgun without a permit."

The Albany police dept. is investigating the apparent mass murderer that was pulled over for a routine traffic stop. The arresting officers pulled over the suspected individual for a burnt out license plate light and upon running his license discovered he was an armed individual and took him into custody. Upon searching his vehicle many "automatic" weapons were discovered on his person, behind the seat and underneath as well. When asked about the "automatic" weapons the conspirator began to become angered at the officers questioning. Upon further discovery it was determined to obtain a search warrant for the suspects home.

According to the Albany chief of police it was the BIGGEST discovery they have ever found of amassed weapons both high capacity and Automatic. The suspect had obviously been amassing his arsenal for quite some time and was HEAVELY stocked with thousands of rounds of ammunitions and there was also found hoards of supplies to make more man killing, armor peircing type munitions. The chief feels that the individual was conspiring to do bad things with all those weapons and undoubtedly is wanted for some type of crime. The dtectives are holding the individual without bail until the investigation and cross country checks have been completed.

We will have an update on the outcome of the investigation sometime next month on page 22 just below the add for grey poupon in very small print.

All the neighbors who did not know me would be quoted by the TV reporters: "Oh, he was real quiet. A real loner, you know. Whenever we saw him he was polite and friendly, but it was like he had no use for anybody. We always wondered what he was up to." ........................elsullo :s0131:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top