JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also worth mentioning regarding these bills is that they require a permit to purchase firearms issued by law enforcement which must be renewed. They will also ban most semiautomatic firearms plus restrict magazine capacity to 10. So not only will most of your firearms and magazines become illegal, you will also have to ask permission to buy a firearm, which can be denied at law enforcement's discretion.

So let this sink in: if this passes and you live in Oregon, you will live under some of the most draconian firearm restrictions in the country.

Register firearms with the State? Um No.

Will not comply.
Same here. Every state that has forced a registry has attempted a confiscation or self tattle tale turn in at some point. They have to know you own it in order to take it.

Even if they threaten a felony, apparently thats not even something to be worried about anymore. Felons can supposedly vote, have housing opportunities, get income assistance and still have access to firearms.. so the threat of that punishment just doesnt have weight anymore.

Im so bitter towards the local government and how they tax my small business that Im not doing a damn thing in my free time to help them unless Im massively financially compensated. I own enough firearms to where documenting each one would be a multi hour or full day chore. Im not willingly doing that, let alone doing that for free just so down the road I can be further taxed Or have my property taken away.. which it will be if I comply.

finger-nuke.jpg

Been ready to leave this state for a long time, I can bail at any time and passage of this BS would light a fire under my azz.

The stats in their narrative dont match the stats they cite. also, the stats they cite arent causative anyway ... the study looked at crime from 1985-2017, so the worst period of violent crime in history to the best. I wonder what that stat would look like if from a study from 1985-2021.... ct's registration efficacy would completely disappear

fight these bubblegums with their own bullbubblegum, folks

The stats in their narrative dont match the stats they cite. also, the stats they cite arent causative anyway ... the study looked at crime from 1985-2017, so the worst period of violent crime in history to the best. I wonder what that stat would look like if from a study from 1985-2021.... ct's registration efficacy would completely disappear

fight these bubblegums with their own bullbubblegum, folks
Voters will likely vote based on emotions. If you can turn stats in to warm and fuzzy feelings for firearms, that will be great.

Remember that many voters choose to pass bonds and levies that increase property taxes without the forethought that those increased costs will come back to them in the form of increased rent. They don't see it as a negative for them and don't consider any consequences. No skin in the game should equal no vote.

Y'all shouldn't give up hope so easily.
Up here, in a not-so-gun-friendly state just as you guys down there, we managed to defeat SB 5078 ("high-capacity" mag ban) and HB 1283 (open carry ban) in the last session, although HB 1283 is back like a bad penny. They were both defeated once. I have no doubt that they will eventually pass, and I hope to be long gone from this shthole state by then. But the point is, sht like this can be defeated, but it's a never-ending game of Whack-A-Mole with these anti-2A arseholes...

But if they pass Oregon will be safe.

And the kids who can't read good will suddenly have parents who care.

World hunger will be gone forever too.

Won't happen, would have to trash the Oregon Constitution in order for this to stand the legal test.
Well, the asshats up here in Olympia have managed to trash ours...
And the asshats in WDC have managed to trash the US Constitution...
Sooooo... it's not like it can't/won't happen...

Also worth mentioning regarding these bills is that they require a permit to purchase firearms issued by law enforcement which must be renewed. They will also ban most semiautomatic firearms plus restrict magazine capacity to 10. So not only will most of your firearms and magazines become illegal, you will also have to ask permission to buy a firearm, which can be denied at law enforcement's discretion.

So let this sink in: if this passes and you live in Oregon, you will live under some of the most draconian firearm restrictions in the country.
Police state I believe it's called…

Seems to me this has happened before, in the past, perhaps in Europe, maybe some 80 or so years ago…

:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads