JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prohibited on the cruise ship

PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST

The safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. The following items are prohibited on-board vessels. These items will be confiscated and not transported aboard. When an item is determined to be illegal the appropriate authorities will be informed.

• 1. All illegal narcotics/drugs. (Including Marijuana prescribed for medical purposes and other items used as drug paraphernalia. This includes Hookah Pipes).
  • 2. All firearms including replicas, imitations, non-firing weapons, starting pistols and their components
  • 3. Air, BB or pellet pistols or rifles
  • 4. Any other projectile-weapon or item that resembles or can be mistaken as a firearm (e.g., paint ball guns)
  • 5. All ammunition or replica ammunition for listed line items 2, 3 & 4
  • 6. All explosives, component parts (i.e. detonators) including imitation explosives and devices
  • 7. Fireworks, flares, and pyrotechnics
  • 8. Martial Arts Weapons (i.e. throwing stars, flails)
  • 9. Knives with a blade longer than 4 inches/10.16 cm
  • 10. Open razors
  • 11. Swords, Skean Dhus, or Kirpans
  • 12. Spears or spear guns
  • 13. Crossbows, crossbow bolts, and long bow arrows
  • 14. Blunt weapons including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, telescopic batons, batons, flails or nunchaku
  • 15. Items containing incapacitating substances (e.g. gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
  • 16. Restraining Devices (i.e. handcuffs, leg, and head restraining straps)
  • 17. Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals. (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners, lighter fuel, etc.)
  • 18. Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon
  • 19. Stun devices (i.e. Tazers and Stun Guns)
  • 20. Large batteries
  • 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.
  • 22. Any remotely controlled or autonomously flying devices, toys or drones
  • 23. Self-balancing hover boards, air wheels, scooters, or Segway's
  • 24. Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and large aerosol cans
  • 25. Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers
  • 26. Any form of radio/ telephone signal jamming equipment
  • 27. Samsung Note 7
  • 28. Candles

An ordinary walking cane in the right hands is plenty useful in the CQB spaces of a cruise ship. That and a 4" blade and no blue hair will bring you any harm.... The cane is allowed on all commercial airliners as well.

Eastern Caribb trip: Bahama Mama, Jamaica Falls(Mon), Tulum (Mexico). I went scuba diving at the Santa Maria Wall in Cozumel... one of the best spots ever... suspended at 80' nose to the reef over a 120' drop with a 5kt current to move ya along!

Travels 021.jpg Travels 029.jpg Travels 030.jpg Travels 034.jpg Travels.jpg Travels 017.jpg Travels 018.jpg Travels 019.jpg Travels 031.jpg Travels 032.jpg Travels 033.jpg Travels 035.jpg Travels 020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our very last cruise two years ago on Princess line. 100_2045.JPG 100_2069.JPG

This is as formal as we got. Had some nice folks from Aus at the nearest table.
100_2081.JPG

Just got out of the hospital two days before the cruise. Wasn't able to walk around much and ate pretty light.
1473113505628.jpg IMG_20160906_113529.jpg

OP,

Do you prefer fixed blade knives or folding knives? What do you handle the best on a daily or whatever time frame basis?

I only use fixed blade knives now due to my arthritis but if that is Not an issue with you... go for a knife with the blade under the length that you are allowed. They might measure it! Nice and LEGAL. Go for something plain, simple and easy to use.

Do you already carry a knife every single day? Pocket knife, folding or fixed blade?

I carry a BUCK brand - Ranger Skinner 113 knife (Fixed Blade.) and this is what it looks like.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/113-ranger-skinner-knife/0113BRS-B/

Overview
Originally created as a limited edition model, the 113 Ranger® Skinner is a stylish and performance oriented combination of Buck's famous Ranger® and the classic Buck Vanguard®. Streamlined to be smaller, yet designed to be effective, this knife will get any job done in the field. The classic look, ergonomic handle and ease-of-use design guarantee that you will come to rely upon it. This design fills the need for a sturdy, compact knife with a versatile skinning blade. Made in the USA
Blade Shape:
Skinner
Blade Thickness:
0.120"
Blade Length:
3 1/8" (7.9 cm)
Weight:
5.2 oz. (148 g)
Handle:
Walnut
Carry System:
Sheath
Origin:
Made in the USA
This knife is a EDC knife to me when I go out even though I am retired. (I use other knives but it depends on where I am going and how long I will be away.) You can pack it in a jacket/coat pocket, put it on your belt, put it in a fanny pack (Conceal carry or not CC type of pack.) and if you are a lady you can put it in another section of your purse. For ladies who may be interested in such things on this forum.

I do NOT jam a knife into a purse full of STUFF (Ugh!) and I believe that any tool should be EASY TO GET TO in any situation. But that is just how I think and live. Plus I believe in being organized and in the KISS method. Old military saying that my late husband used to say... KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. NOT calling any person stupid since it is just a saying like, "LESS IS MORE!"
~~~

There are some simple type of camping, fishing, hiking and hunting knives out there too.

There are some fixed blade knives in the BUCK Pak Lite styles. Various colors. Smaller blade length.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/140-paklite-skinner-knife/0140FAM01/

~~~

You have the classic BUCK 110 folding knife if you can use folding knives easily.

Some people think this is too heavy for them but I don't and neither does my husband. I gave him mine (#110). Two of them actually since I had a brand new spare - back up one and another sweet Buck folding knife smaller than this style but I can't think of the name of it now. Classic, famous style, USA made, folding knife.

https://www.buckknives.com/product/110-folding-hunter-knife/0110FAM01/

~~~

There are some sweet and durable knives that are made in Idaho and New York. My favorites - fixed blade are in BUCK and Ka-Bar at this stage of my life.

I bought my knives in person, so I could handle them and look at them closely and not just from staring at a computer.

I did and do the same thing when it comes to firearms, axes, and any other TOOL that could be used around the house, yard, in the woods/wilderness and for self defense too. I read up on some of them in books and online but I knew about some of them from my late husband, my Montana husband, my older brother who was in the Boy Scouts, my late Dad and my late Mom.

I have and had a few other brands in the past and present. Made in Norway, Sweden, Finland, England and Germany. Various styles, various ages, folding, fixed, pocket knives and U.S. Military knives - Nam era and several of the famous SS folding one whose name escapes me now - military. (Late husband - Vietnam Veteran. More military service later on and with a non .gov job too.)

I downsized and gifted many of these knives. I did NOT have some BIG collection. My late husband and I were not 'collectors' but USERS of what we owned. Things were well kept, some looked used - soft patina, some looked almost brand new and they were all well made, name brand, quality knives.

You can go to the Case brand too. PA made.

Case Knives | Built with integrity for people of integrity.

I can't think of the model name of smaller, fixed blade MORA knife that I own that my husband decided that I should HAVE last Christmas. Grin. I don't want to wake him up while I look in 'my knife drawer' in my bedroom bureau since that specific knife is not in the den in the locked chest, loose-easy to reach as a few others are now in the living room and kitchen. That MORA would be easy to put in your pocket too.

If all else fails, you could find a small sterling silver butter knife! Just kidding you here but it brings back how we had to learn to set the table in a proper manner when I was a kid.

A small multi tool set might look okay, safe to the people who don't LIKE knives, be honest and legal and actually may come in handy while you travel. Ship, train, truck, hike, etc.

Best wishes to you.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
PS:

I would NOT take a more expensive knife in any brand or style with old stag or whatever (?) handles or some sentimental item on a cruise ship. I would be sure to have a good sheath too.

I would have on my former, smaller sail and power boats with my late husband over all of those years but I or we were the boat owners and Captains of our own destiny. Plus we stayed in U.S. waters.

Cate

Last Edited:
On a personal level I would rather have my head removed by a blunt spoon and boiled in front of me than go on a cruise.

I'm not saying that I'm antisocial, it's just that I don't care for mass entertainment that involves people wearing posh clothes and maybe even socks to go and have dinner.

I only have one suit, and I wore it for the last time on 28th August 2000. It's an odd kind of greeny-brown, and it has stars and crowns on the epaulettes.

On a personal level I would rather have my head removed by a blunt spoon and boiled in front of me than go on a cruise.

I'm not saying that I'm antisocial, it's just that I don't care for mass entertainment that involves people wearing posh clothes and maybe even socks to go and have dinner.

I only have one suit, and I wore it for the last time on 28th August 2000. It's an odd kind of greeny-brown, and it has stars and crowns on the epaulettes.

Grin. Love it!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews