JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prohibited on the cruise ship

PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST

The safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. The following items are prohibited on-board vessels. These items will be confiscated and not transported aboard. When an item is determined to be illegal the appropriate authorities will be informed.

• 1. All illegal narcotics/drugs. (Including Marijuana prescribed for medical purposes and other items used as drug paraphernalia. This includes Hookah Pipes).
  • 2. All firearms including replicas, imitations, non-firing weapons, starting pistols and their components
  • 3. Air, BB or pellet pistols or rifles
  • 4. Any other projectile-weapon or item that resembles or can be mistaken as a firearm (e.g., paint ball guns)
  • 5. All ammunition or replica ammunition for listed line items 2, 3 & 4
  • 6. All explosives, component parts (i.e. detonators) including imitation explosives and devices
  • 7. Fireworks, flares, and pyrotechnics
  • 8. Martial Arts Weapons (i.e. throwing stars, flails)
  • 9. Knives with a blade longer than 4 inches/10.16 cm
  • 10. Open razors
  • 11. Swords, Skean Dhus, or Kirpans
  • 12. Spears or spear guns
  • 13. Crossbows, crossbow bolts, and long bow arrows
  • 14. Blunt weapons including knuckle dusters, brass knuckles, clubs, telescopic batons, batons, flails or nunchaku
  • 15. Items containing incapacitating substances (e.g. gas guns, tear gas sprays, mace, phosphorus, acid and other dangerous chemicals that could be used to maim or disable
  • 16. Restraining Devices (i.e. handcuffs, leg, and head restraining straps)
  • 17. Flammable substances and hazardous chemicals. (e.g., petrol, methylated spirits, paint thinners, lighter fuel, etc.)
  • 18. Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an offensive weapon
  • 19. Stun devices (i.e. Tazers and Stun Guns)
  • 20. Large batteries
  • 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.
  • 22. Any remotely controlled or autonomously flying devices, toys or drones
  • 23. Self-balancing hover boards, air wheels, scooters, or Segway's
  • 24. Compressed gas tanks, bottles, cylinders including dive tanks, propane tanks and large aerosol cans
  • 25. Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, satellite phones, transformers, lasers and laser pointers
  • 26. Any form of radio/ telephone signal jamming equipment
  • 27. Samsung Note 7
  • 28. Candles
Your only choice is whether or not to take the cruise. If I tell someone they can't smoke in my car...their only other option is walking.

Been on a few cruises. Best way I can think of to blow a load of money (if you drink the cruise cool-aid) and gain as much weight as possible in the shortest amount of time. We did the Inside Passage one, from YVR, and that was pretty nice because of the non stop scenery most of the way. The few I have done in the Caribbean were not my cup. I do not like crowds and regimented activities. I absolutely detest formal dining, Captain's night kind of stuff, and anything requiring "dress up" to be cool. I also don't care for the "suggested" tip menu in your trip docs. So, nah, BTDT, got the extra weight, didn't buy the T-shirt.

However I digress....
- 4" knife is pretty utilitarian
- Got to have a good cane for the bum knee
- a couple of D batteries in a boot sock
- a good length of para-cord for various possible uses
- snag a dinner knife and tune it up
- etc.
So, to defend one's self, one would have to get up close and personal, but, with a few good tools one should be able to prevail in many situations. BTW, have never see a report of a guy getting raped on a cruise ship. Gals should be aware and prepared with a game plan.

I'm going on cruise number 2 in May. Went on the Alaskan Coast cruise 2 years ago. Took my Garmin GPS in my luggage. Made it thru that ok. Did a little geocaching at ports. They had metal detectors at a couple of ports to enter the ships. XRay bags too. One port I purchased a hunting knife locally made (I think). Pretty spendy for me. I was worried about it being confiscated or such. When I got to the security check point I went to one of the agents. Told him I bought the souvenir and showed him. He took it, sent me thru the detector and xrayed my bags. He gave me back the knife and told me to just leave it in my cabin til we were done with the cruise.

This cruise I am seriously considering a cane and pen. Not sure about a small knife. Never was worried at any time on the ship. This time we are going to west Caribbean. Not sure if should be concerned, however, situation awareness will be on alert.

Oh, I loved the formal dining nights... beautiful women in stunning dresses with spendy jewelry. And I don't mind dressing up... it's kind of a treat to a guy that wore dungarees and flannel shirts for 30yrs working. If I had spent more time wearing a tie for a living then maybe not so much. But nowadays there is usually a "anytime" dining room, or several, and formal night (Captain's night) is optional. Regimented activities??? I found none. I was free to move around the ship and do as I liked. You can go on ship's excursions, or go out on your own...no biggie. I did gain weight tho... plan on 5lbs at least unless you are very resistant to temptation. Drinking is spendy on board but I'm not a drinker. We had a $100 on board credit and we spent it on coffee and a few glasses of wine.

Interesting...Royal Caribbean allows no knives, but on an Alaskan cruise, they let you bring Ulu's onboard that you just bought while in port. They even sell them on the ship.

No knives, but a big old Ulu is okay.o_O There's even folding Ulu's.

7PB.gif

Last Edited:
This cruise I am seriously considering a cane and pen. Not sure about a small knife. Never was worried at any time on the ship. This time we are going to west Caribbean. Not sure if should be concerned, however, situation awareness will be on alert.

You should be fine as long as you don't get off the ship in any of those ports ;' > If you do get off, DO NOT stray off the beaten path or take any advice from the locals as to where to go or what to see. If approached by anyone, disengage ASAP and watch your back. Make sure your beers are opened in front of you, and don't let it out of your grip. Do not drink anything mixed. BTDT, and escaped due to my suspicious nature.

In 2005, I brought a machete on board a Hawaiian cruise, told them it was for breaking open coconuts on my island stay after the cruise. They gave it to me in my stateroom.

Just a little side note.... The cruise had some structured activities. No trap shooting, but, one was archery. Real bows with arrows that had a huge foam rubber ball on the end. First competition was general guest competition. several days later was guests vs crew. I kicked bubblegum on both!

My last cruise was back in mid-September 2015 where we flew up to Anchorage Alaska and took the train to Denali. Very nice and we took the last NCL Cruise from Seward Alaska. We sailed on the Noriwegain Sun which I believe is one of the smaller cruise ships in the NCL fleet. Great time and we saw a cloud free Denali that day the we toured the park.

We sailed on the NCL Epic from Barcelona in 2016. That was the largest cruise ship I have been on. It is smaller the the Royal Caribbean ship Harmony of the Seas which also sailed out of Barcelona that day as well.

265029F5-B5A2-4E0A-B71D-01725E9F22DF.jpeg 29DDEEBE-1D2A-4DDB-9BE5-2FD48EA811EA.jpeg
Sangrada Familiar Cathedral in Barcelona. I enjoyed Barcelona very much.
08908548-1FA4-4F4F-A879-99189CC65080.jpeg

We also visited the Vatican but had to fly since the Vatican museum was closed for a holiday when landed at the port closest to Rome and the Vatican.

Interesting...Royal Caribbean allows no knives, but on an Alaskan cruise, they let you bring Ulu's onboard that you just bought while in port. They even sell them on the ship.

No knives, but a big old Ulu is okay.o_O There's even folding Ulu's.

View attachment 548008

Yep bought the same Ulu cutter you did. We bought our in Anchorage before we got on the cruise ship even. NCL were OK with that too.

For all the cases where I can't carry (including knives), I just keep a sturdy flashlight in my pocket or a pen/Sharpie Marker.

But seriously, I've been on over 10 cruises and never felt like there was ever an issue with safety -- either in port or at sea. Plenty of drunk people asking me stupid things, but nothing that wasn't de-escalated with a shrug of the shoulders and walking away.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top