JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. Doing the Western Caribbean. Only 3 stops at sea. Also will spend most time on board. Gonna be a dry cruise though. They want $99 per day per person for unlimited alcohol. $700!!! Yeah, no.

They will sell you the package cheaper on the boat. That's stupid expensive. Our sailing is two weeks away and I was offered the alcohol package for $45 a day. I can drink $45 by noon, no problem.

4" knife is good enough for me...
That's what I was thinking, plus, there's also a little loophole in items 18

"18. Any other item made, adapted or intended for use as an _offensive_ weapon"

Similar to AR pistol lowers and stabilizing braces, what matters is the "intended" use... So, besides your 4" knife, you could also take any other item you made for use as a _defensive_ weapon, as long is it falls outside all other prohibited definitions. :D

I started this thread because the list was in the cruise documents. I got to thinking about someone trying to get all of this stuff on board. Throwing stars? Really? A flail? Would hate to be the person who has to clean THAT room!!

All tongue in cheek, but such lists usually mean someone has tried to bring them on board before. I like your good answers though.

I started this thread because the list was in the cruise documents. I got to thinking about someone trying to get all of this stuff on board. Throwing stars? Really? A flail? Would hate to be the person who has to clean THAT room!!

All tongue in cheek, but such lists usually mean someone has tried to bring them on board before. I like your good answers though.
So if a whip were for personal use, not as a weapon, could you bring it onboard?

don't most cruise ships offer trap and skeet off of the upper decks?

What the hell kind of fun are you supposed to have without a Kirpan?

Note to High Seas Pirates ***Cruise ships are disarmed***

The wifey and I love cruises. Have been on about 7 or 8. Violent crime is very rare with the exception of wife beaters and suicides. No worries mate! Although theft can be a problem, like any motel or hotel, keep your good stuff on you or locked up. Back when they still did formal dining we had lots of good jewelry, it's a risk.

Fire on a ship is infinitely more dangerous than most anything. Plus people are stupid so.....

Yes, they confiscated my wife's curling iron and her clothes steamer... no items allowed that can short and start a fire! They will also confiscate knives.

-break-

Port of Seattle was a real bear. And the birth certificate I had been using for 7 cruises was no longer considered valid... I had my original, they wanted a Certified copy. WTF?

The last cruise was to the glaciers in Alaska. On Princess line. Beware, the promoters out of Vancouver BC are booking heavily discounted group rates to the Chinese mainland. Trying not to be xenophobic but the chatter at full volume of talking over each other was not relaxing at all.

Speaking of which, will they please get those "fun counselors" on board to please stop all the yelling about fun while I am trying to lay in the sun with an umbrella drink while reading a book??????? Can't relax with all that "fun" loudness!!!

I wanna go on the old folks cruise lines. Everything is for the young crowds now. Might need to book a smaller ship. Say... a Windjammer cruise. One of my cousins went on the "steamer" run that supplies a bunch of their Carribean stops and said it was very nice and calm.

Last Edited:
Were I offered a free cruise ship trip I'd pass and not because of the restrictions, but being locked into a social situation of rubbing elbows with a lot of folks I wouldn't normally socialize with...not for me.

Oh yeah, if your not comfortable around homo folk, be certain to look into that.

A friend of mine and his family booked a cruise ship trip and 'then' once aboard were horribly dismayed to find, while at sea that it was primarily a homo cruise...no kidding.

Were I offered a free cruise ship trip I'd pass and not because of the restrictions, but being locked into a social situation of rubbing elbows with a lot of folks I wouldn't normally socialize with...not for me.
Same here. Did a cruise for my honeymoon and didn't particularly click with the couple that we'd been assigned to dine with. If I were to do it again I'd go with another couple or two.

don't most cruise ships offer trap and skeet off of the upper decks?

What the hell kind of fun are you supposed to have without a Kirpan?

Note to High Seas Pirates ***Cruise ships are disarmed***

It's been many years since shot gunning has been offered on at least the major cruise lines. Liability, noise, environmental are the major reasons listed. Of course there is the social stigma surrounding firearms as well.

Cruise ships do have a small armory and a few weapons. They have a limited assortment of handguns, riot style shotguns and a few AR type of platforms available. A handful of the officers and security personal are trained in their use but the reality is they would probably never be broken out. Most cruises are so close to better protective resources (coast guards, etc.) that the risk of piracy is pretty much nil.

Last Edited:
Same here. Did a cruise for my honeymoon and didn't particularly click with the couple that we'd been assigned to dine with. If I were to do it again I'd go with another couple or two.
Most cruises have ditched the formal dining and now allow you to go whenever you want (during open times) and you have a choice from fancy to casual. There is usually a 24-hr grill / buffet available too.

I've already told my GF that if she wants to travel, I get to spend some time fishing. If we're going on a cruise, you can be darn sure I won't go unless they offer fishing off the back and/or skeet shooting. It's not dificult to make a safe spot off the stern for shooting.
I'll be the biggest reason they stopped doing that is the noise bothering sun bathers and infinity wave surfers...

Maybe I'll find a nice resort instead of getting trapped on a boat.

PS: rule #16 and #20 pretty much rules out any other type of fun to be had on cruises.

Respectfully ...

Go or don't go. Their ship. Admiralty law. Their rules. We (I) used to love cruises. But ... that being said, understand you are placing your very life into the hands of suspect officers and crew. Not so much the entertainment people but the folks who actually run the ship.

Also understand you are probably not going to be on an Ocean Liner. Cruise ships tend, (not always) to be cheaply and thinly built and perhaps top lofty. Are they sea worthy? Dunno. Multiple rogue waves come to mind. They are most certainly not USN military ships.

You can probably steal a sharp steak knife to stash upon your person if you really feel the need of an edged weapon. Do they make pepper stray disguised as body deodorant? But if you are caught out you will spend time in the ships brig. Probably not a fun place at all.

I for one have a healthy respect, (read this as a healthy FEAR) of the ocean and how sea changes can happen so quickly. The natural processes of our planet. How long can you tread water? The ocean is an incredibly deadly environment. You choice. Go or don't.

Respectfully.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads