JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guns Are Good rally is fictional:) Why is it that rallies for all these other causes attract thousands of people but when a group has a pro gun rights rally it is lucky to attract several hundred people and disproportional grumpy looking middle aged men (I am one of those BTW)? Anybody have ideas on how we could make gun rights rallies more attractive to a broader group of gun rights supporters (women, younger people, etc)?

Simple... We have zero, zilch, nada, zippo Media support, and won't/can't use social media to promote gun causes out of fear of reprisal.
I
What about a Civil Rights Rally and our focus to protect them all. Seems our 1st is under attack as well.
I actually believe a 1st and 2nd combo would be great. But we can't let the 2nd get buried to deep or else it would get lost in the haystack

Folks we're about 10 years too late in trying to organize right when the proverbial shtf. We are late to the call and when these bills do pass we're either going to have to suck it up or say F YOU, come and take them.:mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
Lots of good answers here.

I don't think activism is in our DNA. People usually protest to get something they want, not to avoid losing something they already have. We're constantly defending and we're not able to go on offense.

Guns Are Good rally is fictional:) Why is it that rallies for all these other causes attract thousands of people but when a group has a pro gun rights rally it is lucky to attract several hundred people and disproportional grumpy looking middle aged men (I am one of those BTW)? Anybody have ideas on how we could make gun rights rallies more attractive to a broader group of gun rights supporters (women, younger people, etc)?

Strippers?:rolleyes:

That is a good theory but what about a Sunday rally:)
God, at least for me, this is an important part of my week, attending Sunday service.

See your hitting on why most who are pro-gun seem to be quiet. We work, we tend to our families, we attend church, and we attend our kids sports events.

Perhaps we need to get more like the other side. Live off the state, forget about the family, and turn your back
on God. Then we can be available and over the top whenever there's a get together...

:rolleyes::eek:o_O

I have addressed before a few times in this forum..............most others do not call them rallies they call them protests. Rallies are just that rallying with like minded people. Protests are against the acts of others or rights violation. And we keep using poor language like Gun Rally which is not what they are......they are civil rights rallies so until people get their sheet together and understand the way other do it.
It funny because we always do the same old stupid gun rally theme and it fails and we go why?
But every time I post this people tell me how wrong I am and then go back and support the same old crap and then act surprised when laws get passed.

Fact : The opposition never will see rallies as a threat, why ? Because we see their Protests as threats
and are to stupid to see the correlation between the two.

Today kids walked out in support of their civil right and in support of the 2nd Amendment.
Even kids get it but all these organizers are clueless, they probably know a hell of allot about guns
but are ignorant to how cultures and influences work.

The Pacific Northwest is in Rinse and Repeat mode and we will lose every time until we change our we do things. But I have been preaching to the power that be for years and they ignore the facts and do the same old crap over and over.

DG

I should have used the description of 2nd Amendment rally rather then gun rally but my question is still valid. What the kids did today was awesome, I brought attention to it on my reddit sub r/orgunowners. We need to expand on that movement and try to get 2nd Amendment supporters of all stripes to join together for the same purpose. The question remains how?

I should have used the description of 2nd Amendment rally rather then gun rally but my question is still valid. What the kids did today was awesome, I brought attention to it on my reddit sub r/orgunowners. We need to expand on that movement and try to get 2nd Amendment supporters of all stripes to join together for the same purpose. The question remains how?
Seems like most of that happens through social media...

Seems like most of that happens through social media...
It does occur often in the social media realms and that is helpful. But I want it to be normalized so 2A supporters are not labeled as some sort of fringe element of society. When 2A groups have rallies with very small attendence levels and a narrow type of participants, usually middle age white guys it doesn't project disversity. I would like to figure how to get a much larger and disverse level of participation by all 2A supporters.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top