JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I work in North Portland and can usually take an ‘extended' lunch on Fridays when the gun show is going on. I like to be there when the doors open just in case there is the ‘good deal' to be had (have not seen any of those in a long time). I had a feeling it was going to be bad and I was not disappointed. Upon pulling up to the park and ride at PIR to avoid paying for parking there was a line of cars from the parking lot all the way out to PIR! When I got to the expo and the line to buy tickets to get in was out the door and 100 feet long (but moved pretty fast)
Inside was every bit of panic buying I was expecting. There were several people with HAND TRUCKS and CARTS at the 2 larger ammo sellers (Buyammo & Surplus Ammo) They were pilling on boxes like this was the last ammo you were ever going to see. I saw one guys total was over $1500. Prices were equally crazy; HSM .223 reloads @ $170/500, Wolf 7.62x39 @180/500, any factory .223 was .35 each and up from there. I couldn't even get close enough to see what the pistol ammo was selling for. Myself, I would be very surprised if there was hardly any ammo left before tonight is over let alone by Sunday. And if there is you'll be crying as you pay what will have to be the top dollar.
There were still a few AK's and AR's to be had (still not near as many as in the months prior) and it didn't seem like prices had gone up that much for those.
There are definitely some people out for the money while they can get it. I was looking for an AR lower parts kit and of the two people I found that had any wanted $80 for them. No thanks, I'll ride this out and hope Obama has some better things to do for the first couple years then mess with our gun rights and hopefully things will get back to normal. And if not, well thank God I already have a couple extra rounds and items that they go into because I am not here for the conversation!:s0155:

Well written overview of the show John, much appreciated! Baron's Den here in Eugene is selling-Wolf...7.62x39 for $339.00 for 1000 rds. The least expensive S&W-.40 cal. even after an exhaustive search on google is $26.99 (165 grain) at Walmart---with "no shipping" charges.

The line was longer than I recall when "Star Wars" first came out over 30 years ago, but shorter than when "King Tut" was on display in Seattle, also about 30 years ago....

I don't recall seeing so many people who brought hand trucks and dollies!

The thing is, you can buy ammo the same price if you are willing to drive to Salem (Out Door Marksman). Wolf .223 for over $330/1000 (5 years ago it was $120/1000).

The line around Keith's was truly amazing. However you can buy at Keith's any day of the week the same prices (of course, they take most of their used guns to the gun show). I recently bought a Ruger Balckhawk convertible at Keiths for $459 (.45 Colt/.45 ACP) and at the show an FFL had one listed at $600. I did not see any "buys" there...just lots of people!!!! Incidently the "buy" of the week is at he Fisherman's Marine store in Oregon City. They have a Blackhawk .45 LC 7 1/2 bbl for $409. The usual price now is $459 (which is why the conversion I bought a couple weeks ago was a good deal)

I am going for Sat and Sunday to sit with a friend. Will let you know what I saw when it's over. My friend is a Class III dealer and tried to order lowers from his usual guys. The best anyone could give him was "I am three months out on orders now."

On a positive note, Class III stuff has been coming down in price.

jj

You guys be sure to stop by our booth. Did we see you today John or Margana?

Like they said, I'm afraid all the good stuff will be gone by tomorrow afternoon (at the latest).

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I didn't look around to see what was left, but I heard it was slim pickins.

After thinking about it more I decided that I want to come out to give some cash to NWFA/OFF/NRA/JPFO and ??? Did anyone happen to notice what other "gun rights" groups were there? I also want to see if I can find a gun deal on some XS Night Sights installed.

I got there around 1:30 and the parking lot was full ! A friend who regularly has a table there said it was a record crowd for a FRIDAY. I'll bet Saturday & Sunday will be crazy !

Just to update from my previous post surplusammo got a delivery today of more ammo to replace some of what they had already sold out of and talking with buyammo they were supposed to get some more tonight so they can put something back on their EMPTY pallets. So it looks like there will still be ammo available if you were still thinking of going. Still expensive but……

Just got back.. Met Joey..Jenny..and Physics Guy.. All good people.. Enjoyed our chat.. The show was insanely crowded.. No ammo to be found.. Couldn't even see half the stuff for the crowd.. Picked up a few accessories..then got out.. Trust me..there were NO deals to be found..

Nice meeting Joey, Jenny and Physics guy! You all were looking good.
Whose .50 cal was that on the table?

Honestly the gun show was insane. The ammo was expensive, I can find it cheaper in walmart or even online including the shipping price! I didn't see too many AK accessories that were priced well. I did find a couple of AK mags for $10 a piece and a spotless ammo can for cheap. It was hard walking around the crowd and sometimes near impossible to get to a table to see their offerings. Nuts.

Anyways nice meeting everyone!

Sorry, I didn't even know there was a NWFA booth....Chief reason was to see if I could score on a couple sleeves of primers. BuyAmmo was hiding them under the table!!! $21.99 per 1000 primers I bought 2 sleeves (10,000 primers). Gone are those days when Small Pistol primers were$55/5000 . I wasn't looking for guns, but just pricing. I recently bought an Erfurt 1918 Luger for $900 and noticed most priced there for $1200. There was one for $850 but there wer so many people bumping my *** (wouldn't mind if there were attractive women, bumping my ***-but they were all middle aged, over weight men (hey kinda describes ME) I didn't get a chance to look at it.

You can buy M1 Carbines still at the OMP for the $500 range as well as the Garand, and the prices at the gunshow were higher!!!

Still thinking about ordering a Remington 1903 A3 for $500, but just a few years ago, these were $350!!!! Yikes!

Was cool to meet PhysicsGuy, Joey, and Jenny sitting behind a big ol' honkin' .50 cal on display. All three are as nice in person as we thought they might be. Honestly, some vendors tables were too crowded for me to wait for an open spot to view their wares. But, there were not any grumpy dealer/vendors who I noticed :) With the busy day for dealers, my hunch is most will rush to restock for tomorrow. Cool knives, old guns, ammunition, gun parts, stocks, suppressors, and more to be had. Keith's is doing so much business, that those waiting over an hour for background checks are fed up and grumpy. Others wish they had more stock. The beer was way too expensive. My hotdog might put me down. Otherwise my trip was worth my time and money if only to meet the NWFA gang.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top