Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How was the Hillsboro show?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by techiej, Mar 31, 2012.

1. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

Thinking of going tomorrow AM but it's about an hour drive each way -- for those of you who went to the show, how was it?

2. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

very good more knives than I thought.seems to be a lot of stuff from china.I did get to look at and feel a Sig 1911-22 been looking for one but at $1028 I passed,I have 6-8 22's already.

.40cal EMT and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

It was awesome. Lots of vendors and good prices. Walked out $1k lighter. Lol

4. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Newberg Oregon Member

As a new vendor it was a success for me. I sold a bunch a plates and got to meet a lot of Northwest firearms members! That was great. So thanks everyone who helped to pay off my cnc. Your business was appreciated!

5. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Come on down to Rickreall or Albany sometime and I'll help you pay off more of your CNC...

Steel Horse and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

If the next shows at Hillsboro are like this past weekends, I will not be going back to the Expo Center shows. This one had more vendors than I have ever seen in Hillsboro, and lots of people turned out to shop/buy/trade, etc.

Lower admission price, free parking, and tons of vendors, I call it GOOD!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Capitalism is BO$$!!!

7. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

+1 on the "Unlike" Expo show. for a couple reasons. 1) Supporting City of Portland (Metro). 2) Paying $8.00 to park (also if you want to go back with hand stamp you pay to park again).

8. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

The show is over and gone, but I still have a couple observations. Okay, a few...

Mad expensive parking at the Expo is insulting, so free, even in ankle deep mud at Hillsboro, is always better. I was totally impressed, too, with the biggest Hillsboro show I've seen to date, a whole extra room!

A real downer, though, was the proliferation of INSANE prices. $9.95 for those little yellow $4 knife sharpeners? Dude, I forget what booth you had (full of similarly overpriced forgettable crappola) but you should be ashamed of yourself! And not just you. I perused table after table of out-of-control greed, WAY beyond the markup it takes to defray the cost of driving here and paying for a booth!

Huge kudos, however, to G.A.S. Inc. and NW Ammo Supply for excellent prices on top-notch products. Guys like you are the reason I pay to attend the shows, wherever they are. Salem is close, but gas is high, so I'll make a point of visiting my mom there on days when you're also open for business.

Both shows, in my humble opinion, should offer at least a token discount for military. And free for AD in uniform. Why not?

erudne and (deleted member) like this.
  9. 9mmhp

9mmhp hillsboro Member

Was fun to look, but guy down the street gave me a better price on my trade and purchase....also if your selling your products make sure you have staff to sell it was like pulling teeth just to get a vendor to look at me...

10. ilike9s

ilike9s Hillsboro, Oregun Member

The shows in the mid '90's before the klinton bans where bigger with more ammo. I hope we get back to them. But the shows are growing in size as well as the number of people attending.

11. Key-Hay

I hunted down a good deal. Lot's of times the priced marked is not what you pay. It doesn't hurt to ask. I for one will support this show and curtail my "Expo" trips from now on.

Yea it was the largest one I've seen since the mid 90s.

12. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Both shows, in my humble opinion, should offer at least a token discount for military. And free for AD in uniform. Why not?
    Free for ALL AD's and thier familys. WHY NOT?
    Fer Christ's sake Obobo has turned the war into another Viet Nam and I for one am sick and tired of America spitting on it's GI's.
    I went 6 months without a letter and when I got home I was ordered NOT to wear my uniform off base.
    Any small gesture to GI's and thier familys counts like gold, they have gone through sh*t, we need to back them up, especialy now when we are on the cusp of an Obamanation.
    OK, I'm off the soapbox

13. strick

strick McMinnville Oregon Member

Noob question here, I know about the show at the expo. When do they do a show at Hillsboro? What about a website that has a schedule? I do not mind Portland so much, but my Wife does not. ANyways be Best friend lives out in Hillboro, so A great excuse to hang out with him and spend some money on my new hobby!

14. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Well they're all somewhat on a monthly basis now but you can always check this section: Events and Get Togethers

15. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

16. Key-Hay

So unfortunately there's no more Hillsboro shows on the schedule for 2012. How do we get this fixed?