JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Washing your hands is the one most effective method to prevent cross-contamination which can cause the spread of illness and infections. And many research studies have shown how improvements in hand hygiene have resulted in reductions in illness.
A look at research from around the world on the promotion of washing hands with soap, found that such interventions resulted in a 30% reduction in diarrhea episodes and respiratory illnesses such as colds. Hand hygiene interventions at elementary schools in the US similarly helped to reduce sick days associated with acute gastrointestinal illness by 31%.

I've never had a cute gastrointestinal illness....
..... any I've had have all been really, really ugly! :eek:

Seriously, hand washing is one of the easiest/simplest way to avoid common bugs. Another is use a paper towel to touch the bathroom door AFTER you wash your hands, 'cuz nobody else washed their hands. Another is, wash your fruit and veggies.
I haven't been sick with anything in about 10 years....
.... Well, other than that stroke 3 years ago,, and the dis-located shoulder last November. (but, my hands were clean):)

Of course, one of the best ways to avoid illness after an "emergency event".... is to avoid other people like the plague!

We could use a write-up or video, HOW TOO --> Wipe YOUR 2nd Amendment Butt
At the rate the situation stands currently and beyond.

Then there's the argument of being so afraid to get a few germs on you, you make yourself immune system weaker.

George Carlin had a stand up routine about this worry ...and he was right.

Oh heavens, where on earth is my Purell?

I could just die...

P.S. same place as yer safe space, pansy...

Then there's the argument of being so afraid to get a few germs on you, you make yourself immune system weaker.

George Carlin had a stand up routine about this worry ...and he was right.

Oh heavens, where on earth is my Purell?

I could just die...

P.S. same place as yer safe space, pansy...

I'll bet you skip showers too. Hygiene is for pansies, so is toilet paper and toothbrushes.

:D

I'm in @MannyGlocks camp on this one (except for comments about pansies).
Not wanting a cold has nothing to do with being a wimp or not.

Don't want colds? Do the following in order of priority:
  1. Stay the eff away from people, and especially children
  2. Do NOT touch your nose, eyes or ears, especially after touching public surfaces (door knobs, hand rails, counters, etc)
  3. Sleep well, eat healthy meals
  4. Avoid alcohol
  5. Wash your hands
Don't want food borne illness?
  1. Wash your hands
  2. Don't eat out at restaurants

We've had this conversation before toilet paper and moist wipes are necessary for keeping the brown eye happy... Pansie or tough guy, regardless. Besides who'd want to go commando if things weren't clean down there :eek:

That's why underwear can be turned inside out.

:D

How to wash my hands.
Well OK then.
I'm 75 and still have both hands and a nose to use my fingers on. Or in.
So I'm good.
My big problem is I haven't quite figured out the proper technique for toilet paper yet.
Although I did see a post in here about that last week.
Guess I'll have to go review it.
Again.

Extremely important. One of the best things I learned in RN school long ago and far away was basic aseptic technique ... including proper hand washing. Of course I had to learn to NOT blow my nose with my fingers! :)

Of course at the range, the big issue is lead. Especially for the small ones and those who may be or could get preggers.

Just wiping will polish the lead. You need mechanical cleansing to get the lead out.

If you want lunch while shooting, and don't want to run afoul of the PC crowd with plastic utensils, look across the pond for ideas:
The Cornish, whose typical industry was mining, farming or fishing, developed the Pastie for lunch. You can hold the 'sandwich' by the crust and eat the rest.
remember to toss the crust.

past_1832617a.jpg

I've never had a cute gastrointestinal illness....
..... any I've had have all been really, really ugly! :eek:

Seriously, hand washing is one of the easiest/simplest way to avoid common bugs. Another is use a paper towel to touch the bathroom door AFTER you wash your hands, 'cuz nobody else washed their hands. Another is, wash your fruit and veggies.
I haven't been sick with anything in about 10 years....
.... Well, other than that stroke 3 years ago,, and the dis-located shoulder last November. (but, my hands were clean):)

Of course, one of the best ways to avoid illness after an "emergency event".... is to avoid other people like the plague!

Me too. Its so simple, but people are too F-ing lazy or stupid

Of course at the range, the big issue is lead. Especially for the small ones and those who may be or could get preggers.

Just wiping will polish the lead. You need mechanical cleansing to get the lead out.

If you want lunch while shooting, and don't want to run afoul of the PC crowd with plastic utensils, look across the pond for ideas:
The Cornish, whose typical industry was mining, farming or fishing, developed the Pastie for lunch. You can hold the 'sandwich' by the crust and eat the rest.
remember to toss the crust.

View attachment 627210

I have bottle of lead removing soap. I go to indoor ranges and have the same lead removal soap as well. I take a smaller bottle when I shoot outdoors.

Amazon.com : D-Lead Hand Soap (32 oz) : Beauty

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads