JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So it's been a while since I've posted to this fine forum, but something has been on my mind a lot lately.

Say you've met a new guy/girl, and you've been hanging out, and one night things heat up, all systems go, and as your new friend starts to tug at your shirt, you think to yourself, "wait a minute".... because you have not had a chance to secure the fully-charged S&W 99 well-concealed in your Crossbreed, and she has NO idea that it's there.

I'm wondering how others have handled the situation. It's happened to me twice in the recent past (I seem to be getting out more lately). Do you wait until a time, once you realize this new relationship is about to get serious, until passions are quieted, and prepare them gently? Or do you just let it drop in the moment, and hope for the best?

If possible, excuse yourself to the restroom and deal with your weapon, then go back and pickup where you left off. If no restroom break is possible, best to take a moment and secure the weapon before the little head takes control.

For me, any person I'd be close enough to for some mattress polo will already know about me and my guns. Otherwise, there would be a serious incompatibility issue.

I would just let them know you need a second to get your gun out lol she will think you mean something else and just lay it on the table. If she is opposed to being in the presence of firearms she would just hinder you any way

I tend to carry either in my car and/or over night bag a small lock box. If you carry every day, it is a good idea to have these around you so you can secure them if the need arises. A quick excusing to 'brush your teeth' is a great excuse to secure your piece, before you wrap your tool...

Of course, if you are about to have sex with the woman you might have wanted to get the topic you carry concealed out of the way before hand.

On the date, up front Ill tell them.

Ill also note I sold a few toys in the past when times got tough and my ex counldnt make enough $ and the fact that Ill never sell a firearm for a woman again.

Firearms are such a big part if my life, If I was ever single again Id take the same approach again.

*Firearms are my passion
*I wont ever part with any unless its my choice.

I found a woman who doesn't mind, but rather demands my attention more than anything ;)

But back to the OP,
If things were getting hot and heavy and the pants were going to somehow come off.. It would be in one quick motion. :) holster and all.

Now if the pants were staying on and she brushed against it.. "It" being my firearm, not my "gun" Id just smile and say

"I wish that was all me".. I think it would bring a fun element to the otherwise awkward situation.
I find my humor or sarcasm has helped in the past.

"Ummmm, say honey! Ummmm, I need a few seconds to, Ummmm.....warm up my pistol!":)

Ummmm, no real help, I'd been married over 30yrs before OR became a shall issue state. I would tell her right there that I had intended to bring it up and would like to take her to the range. If it freaked her out, I'd go home, take a cool shower and waste about three seconds worrying about it before I went to sleep. You do not want to get into a relationship with someone who begrudges you your lifestyle!!!
Wow! Lifestyle, begrudges, relationships! I've turned into a liberal hippy!o_O SRG

Pull it out (the gun) and put in on the table with authority. Tell her there's some things you can't tell her about yourself.
Sometimes you have to go to "work" and may be gone for for a few days. When uncle sam calls you have to go, no questions asked.
Tell her you do the things others can't to ensure the safety of the free world.
Then pop a bottle of wine and commence passion.

When you get done pick up your phone and say. "Yes Sir, I understand. Wheels up in 30 mins. Copy that"
"Sorry babe, they need me in france"

I was laughing the whole time i typed this

Pull it out (the gun) and put in on the table with authority. Tell her there's some things you can't tell her about yourself.
Sometimes you have to go to "work" and may be gone for for a few days. When uncle sam calls you have to go, no questions asked.
Tell her you do the things others can't to ensure the safety of the free world.
Then pop a bottle of wine and commence passion.

When you get done pick up your phone and say. "Yes Sir, I understand. Wheels up in 30 mins. Copy that"
"Sorry babe, they need me in france"

I was laughing the whole time i typed this
That's a little hard to pull off when you are 60, balding and have a paunch - but I will give it a try sometime - as in never.

4c6f23f53110d25e39bebd21652cdb0a509db59e06c22cdbac19a4536f4e40b3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top